Deleted

leveling a priest at 85

I'm going to dust off my priest next patch. she's goblin, 85, female and has mostly DS LFR gear with some 378 gear.

I've leveled shadow so far, but my priest reached 85 before 5.0 came out, so leveling was different. how would you suggest leveling in pandaria? still shadow? go disc or holy? what talents and glyphs? what rotation? is there a guide for priests specifically somewhere that I can consult?

http://howtopriest.com/

Level as shadow for the fastest experience when questing. If you like to run dungeons, you'll probably have faster queues going in as a healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinuviel View Post
    http://howtopriest.com/

Level as shadow for the fastest experience when questing. If you like to run dungeons, you'll probably have faster queues going in as a healer.
    and how about going atonement disc for questing? would go slower to kill mobs, but wouldn't it also mean you need less selfhealing?

thanks for that site, btw. I'm going to check it out at home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I levelled as shadow as well when I dusted off my priest.

As for the healing side I've seen disc priests hold their own on the DPS side while healing going through the Atonement route.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

void tendrils and moar dots. disc in dungeons with full atonement obviously.

Deleted
    i've checked howtopriest, but I can't find a leveling guide on there for some reason... am I missing one on there?

why do you need a leveling guide?
    85 jade, 86 valley, 87 kun lai, 88 townlong, 89-90 dread waste.. do the dungeons once, repeatedly doing them is way slower than questing, shadow questing is easier than a lot of other classes...

dot everything, shield yourself(pom if needed) pull all the mobs close, pop tendrils and then sear away trololololol xp

Deleted
    Go shadow and Glyph Dark Binding and Prayer of Mending, this will give you really good healing with PW: S and Renew and just flash heal when u need it

if u use void tendrils u can pull like 4-5 mobs with ez and use mindbender (if u are dying alot its good cuz it can tank for u so you have more time to heal yourself) or go with insanity and just melt stuff when u have DP and this works really well with divine insight when u are multi dotting alot of stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    dot everything, shield yourself(pom if needed) pull all the mobs close, pop tendrils and then sear away trololololol xp
    Go shadow just so you can do this.

You can AoE down small armies of mobs as shadow and void tendrils will not even allow mobs to come close to you, so you barely need healing. Should you need healing Devouring Plague and Vampiric Embrace are your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Go shadow just so you can do this.

You can AoE down small armies of mobs as shadow and void tendrils will not even allow mobs to come close to you, so you barely need healing. Should you need healing Devouring Plague and Vampiric Embrace are your friends.
    Yep - this method definitely works and allowed me to get 85-90 within 4days - If I had no job and I wasn't focused on capping my shaman's conquest then I can imagine it being done within a day easy if you don't get sidetracked and/or bored.

Disc leveling up to level 21 i think it is and shadow the rest of the way

You can solo some pretty rough stuff as a shadow priest w/ PW:S, PoM, Desperate Prayer, Devouring Plague, Void Tendrils, and Dispersion.

My tactic was mostly to dot everything with PW:P and VT, PW:S while they all run to you, Void Tendrils, run away and Mind Sear (this was said above). If you get into a pickle, just pop Vamprirc Embrace and all of the DoTs you have rolling will fill you up in seconds or less. The best thing while soloing some big horrible beastie is casting a DP and then dispersing, and watch your health bar fill up from the DP while dispersion keeps you safe.

Deleted
    thanks for all the advice. I've started on the priest again by now, and I actually like disc for leveling. it keeps me up at all times, is only marginally slower than shadow, but it's different. I like shadow as well, so i'll have to decide now what to go for. I've got the BoA neck and weapon, so it'll be fun.