Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Lightbulb ALL THE THINGS - New Collections Addon

Transmogrification / Collections addon, "ALL THE THINGS" on Twitch. (Curse Client)
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/267285-all-the-things

The Primary Collections Window can be moved, resized, and contains every item known to the prebuilt Item Database module (ItemDB). Since it uses a predefined database, it computes what you're missing very very quickly. A lot faster than I've seen done in other addons of this nature.

You can even right click on groups of items, instances, encounters, difficulties, and tier tokens to pop them out into their own standalone windows:

The addon currently lets you track the following things:

Contributors:
    If you would like to contribute to the addon, there is now a Discord channel: https://discord.gg/gSVsGeb

1.1.3 Release Notes
    - Night Elf and Blood Elf characters should now be able to filter item drops by their race.
    - Cookie's Tenderizer has been marked transmoggable as confirmed in CurseForge Issue #9.
    - Dire Maul has been separated into East, North, and West districts for clarity by user request.
    - Implemented the "Auto Mini List" feature. This feature automatically opens a collections window whose size and position are retained for the current instance you are in. Once you leave the instance, this window will close automatically as well.
    - Onyxia's Lair no longer fails to highlight its rows or work with the new Auto Mini List feature.
    - There are now settings for "Auto Mini List" and "Show Collection Messages".
    - Removed the extra Galakras encounter from all difficulties of Siege of Orgrimmar.
    - Walking Boots have been marked as "unobtainable" (BOE).
    - Added Fandral's Seed Pouch to Majordomo Staghelm in the Firelands.
    - Added Trash Mob drops, Crafted Items, and Tier Sets to Heart of Fear.
    - Added Trash Mob drops and Looking for Raid difficulty to Mogu'shan Vaults.
    - Added Tier Sets and Looking for Raid difficulty to Terrace of the Endless Spring.
    - Added Trash Mob drops, Shared Boss Loot, and Thunderforged gear to Throne of Thunder difficulties.
    - Added Shared Boss Loot and the Kor'kron Dark Shaman Cosmetic appearances to Siege of Orgrimmar.
    - Added Tier Sets to Siege of Orgrimmar... They all had their own unique Item IDs... 4 levels of difficulties worth of items. MY HANDS, THEY BURN!
    - All of the Map IDs are now included with the SourceDB.
    - Added Skull of Corruption, Nightmare Whelpling, Living Infernal Core, Fiendish Hellfire Core, Abyss Worm, Smoldering Ember Wyrm and all other equipment drops from Nightbane in Return to Karazhan on Mythic. (CurseForge Ticket #7)
    - If the window is on the left half the screen, the tooltip now aligns itself and its icon to the right.

1.1.1-release
    - The Draenor World Bosses are now in their parent group. (there is no such thing as normal/heroic mode for a world boss)
    - Added Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker to the World Bosses catagory for Burning Crusade.
    - Added Trash Mob drops to all Cataclysm Dungeons.
    - Cleaned up Baradin Hold and Blackwing Descent by merging 10/25 Player into "Normal" and 10/25 Player (Heroic) into "Heroic".
    - Moved the Gauntlets Token to Magmaw in Blackwing Descent.
    - Cleaned up The Bastion of Twilight by merging 10/25 Player into "Normal" and 10/25 Player (Heroic) into "Heroic".
    - Cleaned up Throne of the Four Winds and Firelands by merging 10/25 Player into "Normal" and 10/25 Player (Heroic) into "Heroic".
    - Added Trash Mobs, Tier Sets, and Vendors for the Firelands.
    - Cleaned up Dragon Soul by merging 10/25 Player into "Normal" and 10/25 Player (Heroic) into "Heroic".
    - Added all LFR weapon drops that were removed with the blue post in 4.2, apparently, they were added back in the Legion Pre-patch.
    - The LFR version of Morningstar of Heroic Will is still yet to be confirmed in the game, so it has been flagged as "unobtainable".
    - Added all of the tier sets available in Dragon Soul on all difficulties.
    - Corrected bonus ID associations for normal mode Mists of Pandaria dungeons.
    - Cleaned up all of the Mists of Pandaria raid difficulties.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed a bug with some of the mounts collected in Warlords Raids.
    - Moved Viscidus and Princess Huhuran up a level.

1.1.0-release
    - Added Trash Mob drops for all Wrath of the Lich King Dungeons and Raids!
    - Added Trash Mob and Crafted Items for Naxxramas and Icecrown Citadel.
    - Added Vendor items for Icecrown Citadel.
    - Added all of the Tier 10 sets to Icecrown Citadel. (groan)
    - Added Trash Mob drops and Achievement specifications for Ulduar.
    - Adjusted 10 man and 10 man (heroic) Trial of the Crusader to properly filter Horde/Alliance items.
    - The mounts that drop in the Eye of Eternity are no longer directly associated with a difficulty ID. (They drop in both difficulties with equal opportunity.)

1.0.9-release
    - Added Trash Mob and Crafted Items for Karazhan. Also split up the drops from Opera Hall into their own separate boss lists for clarification. The extra Chess Event caused by the factions having two distinct encounters has been removed. Nightbane has been moved to be immediately after Opera Hall.
    - Added Trash Mob and Crafted Items to Sunwell. Also corrected a couple of missing / misplaced boss drops. (There were 3 from Felmyst not listed in the Adventure Guide.)
    - Simplified Shadow Labyrinth as all of the drops are identical in Normal/Heroic mode, I figured it would be easier if I just merged them into their parent group.
    - Finished adding all of the trash mob and crafted items to all Burning Crusade Dungeons & Raids! (ALL OF THEM!)
    - Added the Species IDs for Pet Bombling and Lil Smoky.

1.0.7-release
    - Added Trash Mob drops for all Classic Dungeons and Raids.
    - Added Trash Mob drops and the Tribute Chest for Dire Maul.
    - Added Trash Mob drops for... (repeat x 13)
    - Updated the Ring of Law to specify which boss drops which items.
    - Included various pattern drops and their corresponding crafted items.

1.0.6-release
    - Added Quest ID parsing to ItemDB.
    - Added Vendor NPC Localization.
    - Attached the Arcanite Reaper to the Plans that drop in LBS.
    - Added Trash Mob / Shared Boss Loot to Molten Core.
    - Added Plans: Thick Obsidian Breastplate / Thick Obsidian Breastplate to Prophet Skeram in AQ.
    - Finished implementing every drop from Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. This includes quest items, quests, and trash mobs.
    - Removed some invalid Item IDs from ItemDB.

I'm particularly excited to show off the capabilities of ItemDB with this update. You'll notice if you look through Temple of Ahn'Qiraj - I got EVERYTHING. This same treatment can be done for just about everything in the game, given time.

Please report any missing items! Any and all suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by Imoldgregg; 2017-06-19 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added 1.1.3 Release Notes.

Well then. This sounds and looks perfect for a completionist such as myself. Perhaps this one will be a little more accurate than mOnArs WardrobeHelper.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Well then. This sounds and looks perfect for a completionist such as myself. Perhaps this one will be a little more accurate than mOnArs WardrobeHelper.
    I have to give mOnArs Wardrobe Helper a lot of credit as without that addon, I wouldn't have taken the time to learn the WoW API or even start this project. Unfortunately, one of the barriers preventing his addon's full potential is the request time for obtaining useful information from the WoW API, so an addon that relies purely on dynamic information is going to have trouble handling large amounts of data.

ALL THE THINGS uses a pre-built Item Database (ItemDB) to structure upon that uses the latest information acquired using Blizzard's public Battle.NET APIs, so there is very little that the in-game WoW API is required for aside from the visual aspect of an item. (tooltip, icon, link, name, etc) It is unfortunate, of course, that the ItemDB is is large as it is when loaded into memory (40-80 MB depending on your filters) - although considering that it's built using about 1.2 GB worth of raw data, I'd say I did a pretty decent job lowering that to a more acceptable level.

Lowering this overhead even more is something that's currently in the works, but far from release cycle. :/

High Overlord
    Thanks for doing this, mOnArs Wardrobe Helper wasn't really getting updated.

Is there a way to address shared loot drops affecting overall percentages? Let's I am missing one item but it drops from 3 bosses so it says 17/20 instead of 19/20. I skimmed through MC and BWL stuff and pretty sure it was still happening.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Thanks for doing this, mOnArs Wardrobe Helper wasn't really getting updated.

Is there a way to address shared loot drops affecting overall percentages? Let's I am missing one item but it drops from 3 bosses so it says 17/20 instead of 19/20. I skimmed through MC and BWL stuff and pretty sure it was still happening.
    Shared Loot Drops can be annoying, but doesn't it seem all that more satisfying when you jump from 80% to 90% because Zoid's Firelit Greatsword finally dropped? xD

On a more serious note, as a user of this addon, I find myself collapsing bosses after I defeat the encounter(s) to show which items I can still acquire. With Shared Boss Drops taking those items and adding a brand new category in the raid's difficulty, it would make it this behaviour more difficult. Especially if an item only drops from certain bosses. (Such as Mana Igniting Cord from Garr, Magmadar, Golemagg, and Baron Geddon or Manastorm Leggings from Gehennas, Harbinger, Lucifron, and Shazzrah.)

I'm not saying it'll never happen, but certainly not anytime soon. :/
    NOTE: This would happen sooner if you provided a visual mockup of what you would like it to look like. If I were to do it, I'd probably detect items that are dropped by multiple bosses in the same dungeon/difficulty and push them up one layer. (to be on in the same group as the bosses themselves) After that, I'm not really sure. I need a way to show the encounters that they're for, but I don't want to end up polluting the display or making it difficult to identify where the drop comes from.

O definitely going to dl this when I get home

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

Just made a note on my phone to download later!

Will try it out and report any bugs or missing items ^^.
    Looks neat btw !

Edit:
    1. Any chance to add the "BoE" drops from each Instance (Blue and Epic Quality ones).
    2. http://imgur.com/vGMtW2H Says on your list I haven't collected the item, yet I have 2 different links saying something different.
    3. Dragon Soul LFR is missing (at least at first glance).

It's showing a lot more as mOnArs (even from Dungeons I assumed I had completed), so it's an incredible nice addition.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2017-05-30 at 05:56 PM.
    Mhyroth#21201 for all you Appearance and Transmog addicts ^^

It seems to be lacking the ToT shared boss loot weapons. I'd consider the possibility that it lacks similar shared raid/dungeon drops, but those are the ones that I noticed right away at least.

Edit: It also seems confused about appearances from timewalking, even though they all share the same model/textures as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Will try it out and report any bugs or missing items ^^.
    Looks neat btw !

Edit:
    1. Any chance to add the "BoE" drops from each Instance (Blue and Epic Quality ones).
    2. http://imgur.com/vGMtW2H Says on your list I haven't collected the item, yet I have 2 different links saying something different.
    3. Dragon Soul LFR is missing (at least at first glance).

It's showing a lot more as mOnArs (even from Dungeons I assumed I had completed), so it's an incredible nice addition.
    1. Yes! It's on my to-do list. (massive as that is)
    2. This should be detected correctly if you set "Filter using Appearance ID rather than by Source ID" on the filters screen. This particular addon is intended for Completionists mostly, but I do have the option of simplifying the collection process for users only interested in 100% the appearances themselves. Please let me know if this still doesn't do as expected after that.
    3. Ah. As my original method of data harvesting was purely using the Adventure Guide, that's probably why the Raid Finder difficulty wasn't included. I'll add this in my next update. *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    It seems to be lacking the ToT shared boss loot weapons. I'd consider the possibility that it lacks similar shared raid/dungeon drops, but those are the ones that I noticed right away at least.

Edit: It also seems confused about appearances from timewalking, even though they all share the same model/textures as the original.
    The bonus IDs for timewalking appear to be incorrect. I'll fix this in the next update. *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *

As for the missing ToT weapons, I'm not sure - if they're not included on the Adventure Guide, I'll need to add them manually. (work in progress)
    Last edited by Imoldgregg; 2017-05-31 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added Author Notes for Clarity

Can you make it so there can be a button on chocolate bar?

I hate having buttons on my minimap (because it's so much bigger than default and the buttons appear in the middle of the map). I love having my addons buttons on chocolatebar.

thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Can you make it so there can be a button on chocolate bar?

I hate having buttons on my minimap (because it's so much bigger than default and the buttons appear in the middle of the map). I love having my addons buttons on chocolatebar.
    The next release will support LDB. (Including Chocolate Bar) *AUTHOR NOTES: DONE *
    Last edited by Imoldgregg; 2017-05-31 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added author notes for clarity

I've been hoping to get a new good collections addon since the other ones I've been using aren't great. I'll try it out. I hope it doesn't take up a massive amount of resources though.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    I've been hoping to get a new good collections addon since the other ones I've been using aren't great. I'll try it out. I hope it doesn't take up a massive amount of resources though.
    Unfortunately, it uses a lot more RAM than the other addons do. I'm working on reducing that overhead right now, but you can expect to see 30-80 MB of RAM usage if you install now. (That's not a lot in terms of memory these days, but people with a lot less RAM than is recommended might notice this.)

I tried it but went back to Monarchs addon.. reason being that I love the minilist there that I can have open in dungeons/raids.. it is pretty much the only thing I use.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I tried it but went back to Monarchs addon.. reason being that I love the minilist there that I can have open in dungeons/raids.. it is pretty much the only thing I use.
    I will try to add a MiniList equivalent in 1.0.1. I can't imagine it would be that hard.

Sweet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgregg View Post
    As for the missing ToT weapons, I'm not sure - if they're not included on the Adventure Guide, I'll need to add them manually. (work in progress)
    They do not appear in the adventure guide, they can only be seen via an addon like AtlasLoot or on wowhead.

A minlist is almost a requirement. The ui is nice but I dont need it taking up 1/5 of the screen. You could try making the ui resizable maybe?

Not sure if its possible the way yours uses a predefined database but its kind of limited in just raids/dungeons and would be nice if it was expanded to encompass boes, quest items, pvp gear, etc.

Some items are showing up incorrectly. For example on my demon hunter its saying I need two pieces from sunwell still: Shawl of Wonderment cloth shoulders and Heroic Judicator's Chestguard a plate chest. Both items I cant use. As alliance ToC gear for horde shows up. When filtering by appearance ID some items still show up such as timewalking Bracers of the Divine Elemental and a few other timewalking pieces. I dont see Supreme Lord Kazzak under the draenor world boss section.

Otherwise the addon looks great youre doing the transmog god's work.