After 120 weeks of farming, it finally dropped for me.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    After 120 weeks of farming, it finally dropped for me.

Grats! Mim's head one of my favs. I got no mount drops in months. Still working on astral, 8 months, heavenly onyx, 2 years 6 months, and headless horsemen mount, this will be year 8 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    Grats! Mim's head one of my favs. I got no mount drops in months. Still working on astral, 8 months, heavenly onyx, 2 years 6 months, and headless horsemen mount, this will be year 8 for me.
    Thanks!

I hear you! ive killed sha, galleon, oondasta etc at least 90 times and no mounts at all from either of them. Im also working on astral cloud serpent as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Just got Reins of the South Wind after 106 attempts!

Mount number 275.

Seems like I am having a bit of a lucky streak. Gotten 5 mounts in the last 2 weeks. Challenger yeti (not really lucky but rather I paid for it), invincible, lifebenders handmaiden, my last tanaan cage mount (took 47 damn cages to get it. such bad luck), and the south wind drake!

After a couple of weeks with no drops, I decided to take my DK to Firelands on a whim and was very surprised to pick up this beauty after a grand total of nine attempts across all characters. Still need to go back for Flametalon but at least I only need to farm one boss now.

A very nice way to top off a month (6th Sept-6th Oct) of successful mount farming!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    I hate this game. So much....

I died a little on the inside
    So sad

Invincible dropped again the week after I got him, but luckily I was boosting someone who didn't have it so that was a nice bonus for them. Haven't set foot in there since although I still need to do Shadowmourne so I expect I'll see it again...

I have even worse than that, i'm pretty low on money these days so i ran firelands to get some, dropped the mount i already had on rag 2 weeks in a row

Just got my 3rd (!!!) Experiment 12-B in, I think 4 or 5 weeks. This is most annoying, as it seems the Experiment 12-B's are eating away at my mount-luck. Still no sign of Mimiron's Head, Pureblood Firehawk or either of the Deathwing mounts. FML.

In other news, I got a Grand Black War Mammoth earlier this week. After about 215 orso kills.

I just need to vent a bit. I've been trying to fish up the Riding Turtle from killing the murlocs in the Garrison for what feels like forever.

I've looted the Sea Turtle twice, which got destroyed on both occasions because I got it back during the WotLK days.

I've killed enough of the murlocs that the occasional nat pagel coins they drop funded most of my crimson strider mount and one of the pets (currently well on my way to the other one).

I've caught enough fish to destroy the market value on my server. I've long since stopped paying attention to the individual going rates and just mass list everything for 1g per fish. If things adamantly refuse to sell, I cut the price further because moving product has long since overtaken any attempt at making actual profit. The random fish flesh at the murlocs drop also gets listed in bulk on a regular basis at a flat rate because I just need it out of my inventory. I produce so much fish that my inbox is constantly over capacity from my auctions. I have nowhere for most of the fish to go so I only clean the mailbox when fish are at risk of being deleted or I've received mail from a guildmate or something and I need to dig through older mail to reach the newer mail. I also have a bank alt who has an entire bank and inventory stuffed with fish that I've just sort of written off an don't care enough to bother listing on the AH. I already can't get rid of fish as fast as I obtain them.

I've produced so much gold from the fish (even at rock bottom profit because of the sheer bulk of product being moved) that I've paid for every vendor mount in WoD, including the 100k Alliance hipster bike and a bunch of TCG mounts. My most recent purchases being Corrupted Hippogryph, Wooly Rhino, and Amani Dragonhawk. The next time I see a Mottled Drake for sale I intend to throw money at that because at this point, eff it.

I just want my damn turtle. I know it's a useless mount, but at this point I think I'll ride it basically everywhere once I get it. If I get it.

#sendhelp

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I am a long time lurker and this is easily my favorite thread here on this forum. 1 year ago I came back to wow with basically a new account so I had to once again farm all mounts from zero and I would say I was pretty succesful and probably lucky so far. One of the best things of mount drops is actually the time you save yourself and can spend on other things(more mounts ).

Sadly I can´t post screenshots yet and listing everything that dropped would be a bit too much but a few of my latest ones were the astral cloud serpent, blazing drake in the same run with lifebinder´s handmaiden which I already had and after a long grind the archaeology tol´vir mount. My favorite one though is easily the heavenly onyx cloud serpent which I got from the bmah for a bargain few months ago.

At the moment all I still farm every week on 5-6 toons is yogg, lk, ultraxion and ji-kun where I am in the hundreds trys each but that´s fine. Other then that I do invasions regularly for the 3 mounts I have left and try to fish the riding turtle every other day. I don´t do world bosses anymore other then nalak because it´s just too unlikely and therefore a waste of time. I also went for the brewfest mounts every day with all chars but couldn´t find a kodo in 97 trys even though rarity showed a 98% likelihood, got 4 of the rams though instead which is nice I guess .

Since coming back to wow last October 2014 here are my drops. Since February been running Kara, ICC, Ulda, DS on 7-9 alts. The others before Feb where not as many attempts:

12/18/14 Grand Black War Mammonth
    2/10/15 Ashes of Al'ar
    6/16/15 Fiery Warhouse's Reins
    7/15/15 Mimiron's Head
    9/14/15 Invincible's Reins

250 achieve was 8/20/15

Currently only farming DS and that is just DW Normal Mount.. after that I'll save the lockout for Experiment Mount. The group finder for alts with a saved lockout is amazing, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother.

I am now starting Elegon.

Next time hopefully I'll have a SS of a new mount =)

after that I'll save the lockout for Experiment Mount.
    What does that mean? I've seen 'save the lockout' etc... but never quite understood the purpose? Is there some method of saving a raid, so that you only have to go back and kill a single boss each week?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadgalaul View Post
    What does that mean? I've seen 'save the lockout' etc... but never quite understood the purpose? Is there some method of saving a raid, so that you only have to go back and kill a single boss each week?
    Yes.

I have on alt that is saved up to kill Deathwing 10m normal.

I want to kill DW on Gluscus for mount.
    Steps
    I create group finder group and put auto accept on Gluscus.
    I log on my alt that has reactivated / extended a lockout that is 7/8 in Dragon Soul with only deathwing left. I join that group Gluscus made.
    I log on Gluscus and zone into Dragon Soul and it asks to continue 7/8 lockout. Kill DW and cross fingers.
    Works for ICC (and other raids) too just clear normal up to LK and when you zone into instance change to heroic.

and last post also have 300 ZG runs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluscus View Post
    Yes.

I have on alt that is saved up to kill Deathwing 10m normal.

I want to kill DW on Gluscus for mount.
    Steps
    I create group finder group and put auto accept on Gluscus.
    I log on my alt that has reactivated / extended a lockout that is 7/8 in Dragon Soul with only deathwing left. I join that group Gluscus made.
    I log on Gluscus and zone into Dragon Soul and it asks to continue 7/8 lockout. Kill DW and cross fingers.
    Works for ICC (and other raids) too just clear normal up to LK and when you zone into instance change to heroic.

and last post also have 300 ZG runs so far.
    To offer a more accurate explanation... "Saving a lockout" means killing the boss previous to the boss you want to farm on an alt (it can also be done by having the alt enter such a save and changing to heroic, which automatically saves him to that instance). This alt will never kill the desired boss. Instead, every week he will extend the lockout from the Raid Info panel, and keep it available for your other chars.

You can use the method described by Gluscus (which I presume implies two accounts or making use of unwitting realm hoppers keeping your group active), or you can simply ask a friend to invite both your chars to the same group, so that your farming char can access the save.

Bonus, you can keep both an Ultraxion save and a Madness save (or Horridon/Ji'kun) on two separate alts, but in order to access the second boss after having killed the first, your saved alt for that boss, or another character who hasn't killed any bosses that week, must have group lead when you enter (and use reset raid if you invited them first).

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need realm hoppers to keep a group active, just create it and relog and it'll be there, takes about 5 minutes to disappear. Hell, people joining the group at a weird/unlucky time can actually remove the group from finder occasionally (like 1 in 30 times), so real hoppers are more hindrance than help

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I just need to vent a bit. I've been trying to fish up the Riding Turtle from killing the murlocs in the Garrison for what feels like forever.

I've looted the Sea Turtle twice, which got destroyed on both occasions because I got it back during the WotLK days.

I've killed enough of the murlocs that the occasional nat pagel coins they drop funded most of my crimson strider mount and one of the pets (currently well on my way to the other one).

I've caught enough fish to destroy the market value on my server. I've long since stopped paying attention to the individual going rates and just mass list everything for 1g per fish. If things adamantly refuse to sell, I cut the price further because moving product has long since overtaken any attempt at making actual profit. The random fish flesh at the murlocs drop also gets listed in bulk on a regular basis at a flat rate because I just need it out of my inventory. I produce so much fish that my inbox is constantly over capacity from my auctions. I have nowhere for most of the fish to go so I only clean the mailbox when fish are at risk of being deleted or I've received mail from a guildmate or something and I need to dig through older mail to reach the newer mail. I also have a bank alt who has an entire bank and inventory stuffed with fish that I've just sort of written off an don't care enough to bother listing on the AH. I already can't get rid of fish as fast as I obtain them.

I've produced so much gold from the fish (even at rock bottom profit because of the sheer bulk of product being moved) that I've paid for every vendor mount in WoD, including the 100k Alliance hipster bike and a bunch of TCG mounts. My most recent purchases being Corrupted Hippogryph, Wooly Rhino, and Amani Dragonhawk. The next time I see a Mottled Drake for sale I intend to throw money at that because at this point, eff it.

I just want my damn turtle. I know it's a useless mount, but at this point I think I'll ride it basically everywhere once I get it. If I get it.

#sendhelp
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. Except I'm trying for the sea turtle instead of riding turtle. I no life it on weekends if I don't have to do anything else and would easily be past the 500 carp mark. It's so damn frustrating, as all I need is 4 more mounts for the 300 achieve. At least the fish is worth a bit as you say though.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Thanks for the tips regarding extending lockouts on alts. Might get a Jikun on farm.

A question though, can I use the same lockout on one alt and then run another 4alts through individually each a chance at the mount?
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 2015-10-09 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the alt holding the lockout keeps that lockout for as long as you keep extending it, it doesn't count against that alt when other toons kill the bosses. I've been using it to run Arthas, Ultraxion and Deathwing 9 times a week for a while.

After a little over 6 months since our first kill, I finally got it!

Man I should start doing Madness on normal instead of heroic, just got my 3rd Life Binder's Handmaiden (had it since Cata) and still no Blazing. I know it doesn't replace the drop, but seeing it drop does kind of hurt. Though what really hurts is clearing spine heroic on 12 characters every week. But I've finished off my gold cap thanks entirely to those runs, so I guess I got something out of it...

But my god, all I want for christmas is for blizz to disable barrel roll on spine, my fingers would be so grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

#sendhelp
    It took me something like 515 minnows.... I feel your pain.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple