Haste or Mastery for Demo

Should i go haste or mastery, with 512 ilvl, legendary meta gem, Leishen trinket and Talisman?

Deleted
    haste. just stack haste

Deleted
    When you simulate your character on simulationcraft, what stat weights does it give you?

Deleted
    Haste, and lots of it. I'm sitting at 520 itemlvl myself and 12.300 Haste.
    It's still simming higher than other stats, even at that point.

Should i go with 320 haste gems and i dont care about socket bonus?

Check your stat weights and pop out your calculator, just multiply the stats you'd gain from gemming your different choices by your stat weights and compare, should be quite different numbers and oftenly it is worth going for the socket bonus as they are mainly int.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Anyone care to explain why we want to stack that much haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquiora View Post
    Anyone care to explain why we want to stack that much haste?
    faster demonic fury gain, faster dot ticks, faster pet energy regen, faster pet auto attack.. etc etc etc

I'm sitting at 12.5k haste right now, and I can go into meta form at 400 demonic fury and pop dark soul, and not have to worry about meta ending before I use up the 20 seconds of my dark soul. 2 pc is a beast. If dark soul is more than 30 seconds away from ready, I just dump all my demonic fury that I have when breath of the hydra or cha-ye procs (and no i don't have leishen trinket yet)
    Last edited by OokingDooker; 2013-05-18 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    faster demonic fury gain, faster dot ticks, faster pet energy regen, faster pet auto attack.. etc etc etc

I'm sitting at 12.5k haste right now, and I can go into meta form at 400 demonic fury and pop dark soul, and not have to worry about meta ending before I use up the 20 seconds of my dark soul. 2 pc is a beast. If dark soul is more than 30 seconds away from ready, I just dump all my demonic fury that I have when breath of the hydra or cha-ye procs (and no i don't have leishen trinket yet)
    Regarding gems, what do you have on your red, blue, yellow sockets?

Deleted
    Hm, I was under the impression that it's best to stack haste to the ~8.1k cap, and then stack mastery UNLESS you can hit the 13xxx haste cap, at which point you go for that and then go mastery if you have any stats spare.

But perhaps this haste stacking method is the way to go! :O Both haste and mastery were extremely close the last time I simmed my char at the 8.1k haste cap. (This is without the Legendary meta though).

Deleted
    Haste is better for single target, mastery is better when you do more aoe.

The general point being is that stacking haste will increase the proc rate / up-time of your RPPM-based items, Legendary Meta / ToT-trinkets will get higher up-time and the general idea of my gear-experience through ToT is that if you only have 1 RPPM-item it might not be worth to stack haste all the way, obviously sim to get it done properly.

For example, at first I went with Int/Mastery for my gemming - heavily relying on Int and once I got the heroic Dark Animus trinket, Cha-Ye's which is a RPPM-trinket based on both haste and crit to increase its up-time I switched over to gemming for crit mainly.., as a result of simulation and I reached a perfect haste-crit-mastery ratio for my gear set-up. I had just passed the 8097 haste breakpoint for Doom during BL, and after that I balanced it out so that crit & mastery were both worth equally as much whilst haste had just dropped in value due to tick just being reached.

As soon as I got UVLS and having 2 RPPM-trinkets I switched to a full-haste build where I just keep going for haste and it hardly drops in value at all, however for AoE where you can sustain 2 or more crit dooms you'll be at a ridiculous demonic fury generation-rate due to all the crit dooms out whereas it might be worth it to switch toward a build of higher mastery-rating however in general it probably won't be, the value of haste hardly ever diminishes due to your RPPM-variables and the fact that the time between ticks will always be reduced depending on your haste even if it doesn't add another tick.

This means that up until the point where you can sustain meta-form throughout pretty much the whole fight, the spawn-rate of imps will have a very hard time outweighing slightly stronger imps, which is why haste will keep its value high.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Deleted
    one of the reasons why haste is so good, is that haste in a sense lowers your rppm trinket's RNG, increasing your chance to get a proc within a given time, with the uvls you have a rppm of 0,525, meaning that you'll get 1,05 proc every 2 minutes, with say 30% haste that lowers the avg time between procs from once every 120 secs to once every 88 secs, meaning that with glyph of everlasting affliction, you should, in theory, be able to keep 100% crit dooms up 100% of the time, ofc this is based on the rules of averages which doesnt always apply in wow, but given enough encounters, it should fall out this way. once you get 2 rppm trinkets it becomes even better, not to mention all the nice things it does to your wild imp generating crit doom, and various cast times.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-05-19 at 05:20 PM.