[25m] What next after H Tortos?

Hi all,

I know that there's been a fair number of progression path orders posted, but after looking through the first 8 pages in this subforum I've only found things related to 10-man. I profess that I was browsing not long after waking up so I might have missed something. I have looked at kill numbers on WoWProgress and % of wipes relative to total kills on WoL for each boss, however these numbers can be deceptive as more groups may attempt a boss that wasn't necessarily the next best choice.

My group has killed Jin'rokh > Ji'kun > Tortos. I'm uncertain as to what the progression path should be at this point. I was thinking Qon or Twins, but after reading through some of the threads I'm at a loss. The opinions seem varied, although I have found some sort of convergence on Horridon, Qon, or Twins next (although it's not specified that it's for 25-man format, and I'm assuming all of the threads I did manage to find is for 10-man). I have heard that Horridon can be a nightmare but becomes much easier with some gear, so I'm tending towards Twins or Qon next. What do you guys think? Again, this is for 25-man format. I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

For those that don't feel like responding in great length, your opinion of an order from easiest to hardest would suffice too. :P

It's hard to say without knowing your group gear level and DPS / healing, but based on my experience on each boss, I'd say Horridon > Qon > Council / Megaera > Prim / Twins > Durumu > Animus > Lei Shen. All bosses up until Twins in that list are just DPS / healing checks with some minor modifications so you will not find one boss significantly harder / easier than the other.

Go for Horridon or Qon next, Iron Qon is easier (especially if you have a pally tank), may take 10 to 15 tries at most if people learn the fight ahead of time. Horridon requires more coordination IMO, but since it's the second boss, it's worth taking a crack at just because it's so early in the raid week.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    I'm sure he already knows of this list, but as a savvy raid leader he's looking for the easiest boss for his group to attempt next.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I'm sure he already knows of this list, but as a savvy raid leader he's looking for the easiest boss for his group to attempt next.
    Thanks, couldn't have put it better myself.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon gets massively easier with better gear, and since you're already farming 3 bosses, it would probably be the best choice. You could probably already afford 6 healers, which makes it much easier, and berserk timer shouldn't be much of an issue. The added bonus is the fact that this is the second boss, so there's none of that awkward "well, we still need to kill H Qon and I'm not sure if we'll one shot him, so... no more progress this week".

Not that Qon is any harder, but you probably won't notice much difference with additional items. I mean, sure, 1 less boss aoe, only one windstorm, but not going from "kite the boss for 40 seconds after berserk" to "clean kill with 2 minutes to spare".

Thus far we have done in order

Jin rohk
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Mageara
    Ji kun
    Council
    Primordius

We are off to qon next.

Horridon proved a bit of a pain and primordius took a few more wipes than it should. I would probably put some attempts into Horridon first if it isn't proving fruitful move onto qon

Hmmm.. not sure why you haven't tried Horridon yet. Horridon should definitely be your next boss on Heroic. We did it second with less gear so it was pretty tough, but since you have already cleared 3 bosses on Heroic I would assume you are pretty geared. With gear Horridon is pretty much face roll. Took us like 70 wipes for our first kill lol... but we have pretty much one shot it ever since because of all the gear we have now.

Horridon for sure. The bigger reason is that it has weapon drops. Getting heroic weapons will help out a lot more than random items for the coming bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    The list is pretty decent though although I personally think that twins are easier than both Durumu and Primordius.

Deleted
    Idd, the wowprogress image gives a pretty good idea of which bosses to kill first.