Battle tag question.

I just played with some guy who randomly started spaming me on real ID invites. This was kinda annoying as I was playing with him and didn't want to be rude and decline him. I never gave him my battle tag nor Email. So how is it possible for him to add me there?

I am very casual to the game at the moment and haven't had time to get to know all features, so don't flame if the answer is too obvious.

Thanks.

Edit: Is there a way to hide my battle tag, or online status?

I believe there is an "Add Battle-tag" option if you right click someone's name. Don't think there's a way to stop that. You could tell him that you're uncomfortable giving out your battle tag and request him to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treline View Post
    Is there a way to hide my battle tag, or online status?
    You can't hide your battletag (anyone can right-click your name and try to add on you), but you do have to approve them. Just decline it or keep it indefinitely pending.

You cannot hide online status yet, but I believe this is an option Blizzard intends to provide sometime in the future.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Oh ok. Thanks for the answers You learn something every day!

since the post talking about the real id , battle tag ...

allow me to ask this , if I got friends with real id in my list and someone added me via battle tag can they see my friends id's and names if they right click on my battle tag and click view friends ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rav1410 View Post
    since the post talking about the real id , battle tag ...

allow me to ask this , if I got friends with real id in my list and someone added me via battle tag can they see my friends id's and names if they right click on my battle tag and click view friends ?
    Yes, unless you set it up in your preferences at Battle.net that you don't want to share your friends list.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama