Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If Andrew WAS born and raised an Inhuman, then the motivation could be as simple as protecting what he sees as his people's birthright. They generally chose who would go through the mists and become empowered, and all these people being exposed willy-nilly ruins that. So he's "testing" them ex post facto, and killing those he deems aren't worthy of that gift.
    But a lot of people who were killed by him were chosen to be empowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Almost zero percent chance of that due to syndication money.

Nearly (with one show in the history of shows being the exception) every show that has three full seasons gets a fourth season for economic reasons. So AoS can play a little loose this year with the story lines in the hope of finding something that really sticks, because renewal pretty much a guarantee.
    Whats the one show with the exception?

The whole Andrew is Lash is so seriously disappointing. Perhaps more then anyone on this board I dismiss the whole idea of realism in my fantasy TV shows, however, this stretches the bounds of just how far out any show can takes the raw number of pure coincidences to force a story line to work.
    So it's a coincidence that someone associated with the SHIELD team might turn out to be an Inhuman? And that his transformation might have have enough of an impact on his personality that he decided all Inhumans must die, and so he decided to more actively work with the very people he already knew of who were working to track down Inhumans? Remember, in season 2 he was very reluctant to come back to help Skye deal with her transformation, and at the end of Season 2 he and May departed, with him seemingly done with his consulting, handing over his final recommendations to Coulson. Yet in between seasons he disappears abruptly, and then he's back with SHIELD full-time to 'help' with their Inhumans, and he never recommends any of them go out into the field. He's been keeping his little herd together where he knows he can deal with them later.

You're saying it's a huge coincidence that the bad guy happens to be somebody they already know and have been working with. I say the whole reason he's been working with them more closely is because of his transformation happening.

On a tangent, I find it hilarious that in the same week that the Flash has someone saying "I don't think any one of us would turn evil if we suddenly got super powers," Agents of SHIELD shows us someone who suddenly got super powers and turned evil.

Whats the one show with the exception?
    The Mindy Project

- - - Updated - - -

So it's a coincidence that someone associated with the SHIELD team might turn out to be an Inhuman?
    No I think it is too much of a coincidence that someone who happened to have married someone working for SHIELD, who then happened to stumble upon the daughter of the Uber Inhuman, who happened to also join SHIELD before anyone had any idea she was a inhuman AND end up on the same team as the person who years earlier married someone who was on that same team.

Then that person suddenly and mysteriously starts consulting for that specific SHIELD team again BEFORE anyone knew that Daisy was inhuman or what inhumans were (this part is forgivable because it is conceivable that Andrew knew what inhumans were before anyone else on the show did) However, he just happens to be around when Daisy decides she is going to be the collector and protector of of inhumans thus providing Lash with all the victims he can get his hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    What I don't understand is
    was he an inhuman already, or did he get changed with everyone else? or is he not an inhuman?

Also, I have a comic book question regarding the ep

Can Inhumans be "cured"? Or is the ATCU barking up the wrong tree?
    According to the comics he was already an Inhuman prior to the outbreak (comic was a terrigen cloud released over the city; tv show is via fish). So I don't know which angle they are going with in the show yet until more details are released. It's a possibility while Andrew and May were in Tahiti that Andrew was exposed to it then which with the erratic behavior would've caused May to leave (as it's been mentioned in the show).

As far as a cure I don't believe there ever was one in the comics. This could just be the ATCU believing they are close to a cure and perhaps a corrupt person inside has another agenda and tells them the cure is ready when it actually does something else. Plus humans have this ability to think everyone wants cured (in the inhuman area), they know how to cure them, etc. Problem is just because you can cure one doesn't mean it will work on everyone else. Only time I've seen it closely done Marvel wise (and was on Fox's end) was in X-3 where they used the boy who had the ability to suppress mutant powers (still active, but dormant at the time). So they may go that route, but I doubt it.

Well, in the comics, at least, Lash was born Inhuman. Getting with May might have been a mission, to get an Inhuman close to SHIELD, back before everything blew up. Obviously, nothing's been revealed in the show's universe, though.
    Well technically they are all born Inhumans. The thing is they don't transform until expose to Terrigen mist. So Lash was born as a "normal" human who later passed through Terrigen mist who didn't think everyone should be transformed and basically sends himself out on this witch hunt.

What you are probably thinking is that Lash was born in the Inhuman City. Which several were, but not all passed through mists. Below is an excerpt from an article about him and what he is doing. Granted this was in the comics and as we've already seen some things have changed from comics to tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Comics
    Born in the hidden Inhuman city of Orollan,Greenland, Lash was one of the few chosen among his generation to receive the gift of Terrigenesis, an honor he believed not every member of his race was due. When King Black Bolt activated a Terrigen Bomb above New York, flooding the world withTerrigen Mist and awakening the powers of Inhuman descendants living among humanity, Lash embarked on a mission to find all the individuals affected, and judge for himself whether they were worthy to live with their new abilities.
    The Mindy Project
    Eh that got a Season 4. In fact it's on Episode 8. Sure it's on Hulu, but will more than likely still mean it'll hit syndication and achieve what it needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    On a tangent, I find it hilarious that in the same week that the Flash has someone saying "I don't think any one of us would turn evil if we suddenly got super powers," Agents of SHIELD shows us someone who suddenly got super powers and turned evil.
    You do know that they featured Caitlin prominently in the convo, right?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You do know that they featured Caitlin prominently in the convo, right?
    Oh, yes, I'm fully aware of the implications of her delivering that line. I'm just also finding the parallel between Flash and SHIELD this week funny.

Sure is a ton of romantic shipping between couples this season.

No I think it is too much of a coincidence that someone who happened to have married someone working for SHIELD, who then happened to stumble upon the daughter of the Uber Inhuman, who happened to also join SHIELD before anyone had any idea she was a inhuman AND end up on the same team as the person who years earlier married someone who was on that same team.

Then that person suddenly and mysteriously starts consulting for that specific SHIELD team again BEFORE anyone knew that Daisy was inhuman or what inhumans were (this part is forgivable because it is conceivable that Andrew knew what inhumans were before anyone else on the show did) However, he just happens to be around when Daisy decides she is going to be the collector and protector of of inhumans thus providing Lash with all the victims he can get his hands on.
    What you see as coincidence, I see as motivation. Everything you just described isn't an amazing coincidence - it's the whole reason Lash is acting as he is. If he hadn't had prior exposure to Inhumans via his various interactions with SHIELD in Season 2, he probably would have a very different attitude toward them once he himself became one.

Well, a few things;

First, if Lash is anything like his comic incarnation in motivation, he's not trying to kill ALL inhumans, just those he feels "aren't worthy". The only potential conflict he'd have with SHIELD, from his side at least, is Daisy, and that's easily resolved if he's decided she's "worthy". Particularly since they've locked horns a couple times already, and he's taken off, each time. All the evidence points to him thinking Daisy's "worthy".

So, his connection to SHIELD is just a boon. They can find out where Inhumans are, and he can glean that info and go test their worth before SHIELD can pick them up. No conflict, from his perspective; he's using SHIELD, not [I]helping[/I] them. And he's never been [I]part[/I] of SHIELD; he has no inherent loyalty to them, and from his perspective, he may not even see it as betrayal.
    I know who Lash is in the comics and I'm aware they may be using the worthiness angle with Daisy. And I wasn't talking about any conflict of interest for him. I was only talking about this situation from the "what a coincidence" plot perspective. He's been helping SHIELD out for years. Does he actually use SHIELD in case of Inhumans? Yes, absolutely. They think he's helping them out with Inhumans now though, since that's why they brought him in recently.

To have Lash infiltrate either SHIELD or the task force and let him have inside information on the Inhumans they find would be a good plot. But having him brought into the picture by the power of coincidence is nothing but forced. There was no input on Lash's part here. Just another case of SHIELD asking him for help, after he worked for them for years in totally unrelated cases, that accidentally resulted in "Lash now has insider info that he can use for his 'Inhuman take on darwinism' project. Just like we speculated this whole episode to be the case, we just got the wrong organisation. Because it had to be someone viewers knew for a while."

So it's a coincidence that someone associated with the SHIELD team might turn out to be an Inhuman? And that his transformation might have have enough of an impact on his personality that he decided all Inhumans must die, and so he decided to more actively work with the very people he already knew of who were working to track down Inhumans? Remember, in season 2 he was very reluctant to come back to help Skye deal with her transformation, and at the end of Season 2 he and May departed, with him seemingly done with his consulting, handing over his final recommendations to Coulson. Yet in between seasons he disappears abruptly, and then he's back with SHIELD full-time to 'help' with their Inhumans, and he never recommends any of them go out into the field. He's been keeping his little herd together where he knows he can deal with them later.
    Having someone associated with SHIELD turn out to be an Inhuman could very well be a coincidence on its own. But could be a statistical certainty, I don't recall if they gave solid numbers on the amount of people with alien gene in the show. But for that Inhuman to be the one hunting Inhumans and "judging" them (if they follow the comic plot)/killing them for the lulz? That enters the coincidence territory.

Now add in SHIELD going all "gotta catch them all" on Inhumans. And then trying to save them from Lash after meeting him for the first time, which they don't know (at the time) has been actually associated with them for decades, long before they were aware of Inhumans. Then you enter "full coincidence" realm if you add in the fact that it wasn't a scheme of Lash to infiltrate SHIELD to get data on Inhumans so he could track them easier. It was SHIELD bringing him in because his field of expertise could be useful in helping them. Not even a "hey guys, want my help with that, I could be useful".

And then make a whole episode about "what if Lash had inside data from the organisations involved in the whole Inhuman thing so that he could track them easier"...

If he's heavily based on comic book Lash, he didn't get his powers suddenly or recently.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2015-11-05 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Guys, maybe this isn't the Andrew we know? Didn't he leave Mai or something? I'm guessing that the real Andrew was somehow abducted and the TV version of Lash doesn't have just one form but is some sort of shape-shifter.

Would explain/dismiss the questionable writing which is being discussed in the thread..?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If he's heavily based on comic book Lash, he didn't get his powers suddenly or recently.
    I'm basing my logic on him not being all that heavily based on comic book Lash, and that his transformation was recent (probably at the same time as his sudden disappearance during his getaway with May).

But let's say that he has always been Lash. His decades(?) of association with SHIELD could very well have been to keep on the lookout for renegade Inhumans. After all, in the "Melinda" episode, when Coulson and May are heading out to track down another enhanced as part of SHIELD's "catch-and-release with powered people" during the flashback, Andrew asks if he'll be getting another patient, which implies that he got close to each powered person as they were indexed. And who knows if some of them later disappeared off the face of the earth? There were so few, after all.

His entire relationship with May could well have been to keep himself in that loop; notice that once May gets a desk job and is no longer in the field dealing with powered people, Andrew doesn't seem to fight very hard to keep the relationship going, but once there's a powered person in SHIELD and more being discovered in places like Afterlife, he's willing to sign back on, and even tries to patch up his relationship with May? But now, with a handful of powered a year turning into hundreds and thousands, he finds that he can't wait for them to come to him, and he starts to actively hunt them down, disappearing in the middle of his reconciliation with his ex-wife and solidly nailing down what his priorities really are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another solid episode. Seems all the comic shows have really been pulling out all the stops this season .

I liked the Andrew reveal, just for the sheer levels of fuckery they're going to have to pull for this to make any kind of sense.

Good to see May and Bobby out kicking ass again.

Fitz says the simulations failed, but he's also looking into Will... Could he be lying?

Hunter is the real MvP. Loved the whole scene with him, Mack and Daisy trying to test twatface to see if he was an Inhuman.

Kept zoning out during the Coulson/Price scenes, I just don't really care about their relationship. Kinda just want all of the ATCU to get blown up or something, but I know that won't happen, because they're clearly laying the groundwork for Civil War.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Could he be a member of the royal family? Or just an agent of them?
    If they go with the original Royal Family angle, the Royal Family doesn't give a crap about anything outside Attilan. Lash is always a rogue that left Attilan to enforce his views of who is "worthy" on the Inhumans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    But a lot of people who were killed by him were chosen to be empowered.
    They weren't chosen by the Royal Family, though. There are two groups of Inhumans.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They weren't chosen by the Royal Family, though. There are two groups of Inhumans.
    This would depend on how you look at it. If you get into technicalities then everyone who has turned Inhuman was chosen by the Royal Family as they chose to release the Terrigen bomb over the city creating all the Inhumans. Though you could still break them into two groups. A group that knowingly knew what they were going to be walking into (turning Inhuman) and more than likely wanted to turn and those who turned with no idea with what is going on.

maybe the professor doesn't realize he is Lash, maybe because he was facing death, it triggered a transformation that normally doesn't happen while he is conscious, like a possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This would depend on how you look at it. If you get into technicalities then everyone who has turned Inhuman was chosen by the Royal Family as they chose to release the Terrigen bomb over the city creating all the Inhumans. Though you could still break them into two groups. A group that knowingly knew what they were going to be walking into (turning Inhuman) and more than likely wanted to turn and those who turned with no idea with what is going on.
    It was an act of desperation in the comics. The new Inhumans weren't groomed and prepared for their transition, so they weren't truly "chosen" in Lash's eyes.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    maybe the professor doesn't realize he is Lash, maybe because he was facing death, it triggered a transformation that normally doesn't happen while he is conscious, like a possession.
    With the way he asked about Lincoln, he's fully aware.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Hunter is why I still watch this show, good character
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I don't know anything about this royal family you guys are mentioning, has it been brought up in the show or is it comics only at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    It was an act of desperation in the comics. The new Inhumans weren't groomed and prepared for their transition, so they weren't truly "chosen" in Lash's eyes.
    In Lash's definitely. I was just going by the comment of the Royal Family choosing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know anything about this royal family you guys are mentioning, has it been brought up in the show or is it comics only at the moment?
    So far just comics. I wouldn't be surprised if they start getting mentioned in the show here this season or next. Otherwise I'm sure they'll be involved in the Inhuman movie which is in 2019 I think.