Deleted
    These last few episodes with the framework and all are one of the best episodes from Shield so far. Totally surpassed my expectations.

I'm sad that Aida and Radcliffe are gone. But the way they ended Radcliffe was amazingly done. Great actor. Loved him in the Mummy, he perfected Batiatus in Spartacus.

Also looking forward to more of Ivanov. Again, a great addition, and loved his character in Black Sails. AoS has become one of my favourite series, gets increasingly better with each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    These last few episodes with the framework and all are one of the best episodes from Shield so far. Totally surpassed my expectations.

I'm sad that Aida and Radcliffe are gone. But the way they ended Radcliffe was amazingly done. Great actor. Loved him in the Mummy, he perfected Batiatus in Spartacus.

Also looking forward to more of Ivanov. Again, a great addition, and loved his character in Black Sails. AoS has become one of my favourite series, gets increasingly better with each season.
    I only see chody from shameless when I see ivanov

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    so seems they've become S.W.O.R.D. now
    I really hope this is a lead-in for Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    I really hope this is a lead-in for Infinity War.
    Yeah has to be.. it's bout time for all that to hit in the movies

Did this show get better? I stopped watching after the pilot and only came back for the Sif episode where they were fighting Lorelei. I thought the writing was terrible and never came back after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman001 View Post
    Did this show get better? I stopped watching after the pilot and only came back for the Sif episode where they were fighting Lorelei. I thought the writing was terrible and never came back after that.
    It does, the show pre civil war is bad on purpose, then civil war happens and every thing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    It does, the show pre civil war is bad on purpose, then civil war happens and every thing changes.
    On purpose? That doesn't sound too smart on Marvel Studios' part.

It wasn't necessarily bad. It was just incredibly average.

Might not be the best wording but I can't really say more without spoiling it.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-06-01 at 03:10 AM.

Might not be the best wording but I can't really say more without spoIling it.
    Oh I get you.

Fairly slow for a lot of the series to build characters and their relationships so when the big drama happens there is a stronger impact.

You mean Winter Soldier as that is when Hydra does the whole S.H.I.E.L.D. infiltration on a big style. Civil War I don't recall Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doing much, which was also during Season 3 where as Winter Soldier was Season 1.

It's also not like it was bad on purpose. It was that they had everything set up to go with the movie, but couldn't reveal it without spoilering the movie before it came out. So it feels like a slow start/bad to some because of this, but most will agree it picked up after that point.

Some liked it from the start, some don't and each have their varying opinions on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You mean Winter Soldier as that is when Hydra does the whole S.H.I.E.L.D. infiltration on a big style. Civil War I don't recall Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. doing much, which was also during Season 3 where as Winter Soldier was Season 1.

It's also not like it was bad on purpose. It was that they had everything set up to go with the movie, but couldn't reveal it without spoilering the movie before it came out. So it feels like a slow start/bad to some because of this, but most will agree it picked up after that point.

Some liked it from the start, some don't and each have their varying opinions on it.
    Oh ya i meant winter solider it my Friday brain is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't find the start bad my self but it is written a specific way for a reason which is revealed at the end of season one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Fairly slow for a lot of the series to build characters and their relationships so when the big drama happens there is a stronger impact.
    Oh, like Deep Space Nine. Got it! I'll have to check it out then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much "bad"; the "bad" is genius, once you hit that trigger point. But yeah; the first half of Season 1 is establishing some characters and a fair bit of setup that SEEMS pretty generic, but that's all to lull you into a false sense of complacency so the gut-punch of the events in Winter Soldier hit the hardest. It's almost better looking at the first half of Season 1 as a prologue, and that Winter Soldier's events really kick the show off.

It's one of the few times when it's actually WORTH trudging through some stodgy stuff, because the reveal (and I'm avoiding spoilers, here) will make you want to re-watch those earlier episodes for the clues you missed (and they're absolutely there, just VERY subtle).

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not so much "bad"; the "bad" is genius, once you hit that trigger point. But yeah; the first half of Season 1 is establishing some characters and a fair bit of setup that SEEMS pretty generic, but that's all to lull you into a false sense of complacency so the gut-punch of the events in Winter Soldier hit the hardest. It's almost better looking at the first half of Season 1 as a prologue, and that Winter Soldier's events really kick the show off.

It's one of the few times when it's actually WORTH trudging through some stodgy stuff, because the reveal (and I'm avoiding spoilers, here) will make you want to re-watch those earlier episodes for the clues you missed (and they're absolutely there, just VERY subtle).
    Yep class A Joss Whendon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Okay then. Hunter isn't exactly my favorite character, but there's worse ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I recently rewatched the first series.

I've got to say, I really appreciate what they did there, they actually developed characters I care about, that I am interested in, that have depth.

Too many shows are generic shite, with throw away characters that are never developed. AoS did a really good job of taking the time to develop their characters create a really good basis for the future stories unfolding.