Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Its good not great. Good to see Ron Glass in a whedon production. I liked the iron man 3 tie in. It has a lot of potential.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

I might watch it after season one is over and if it still has a positive reception by then.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I missed it, anyone watch it and like it?
    DVR'd it, i'll watch it when I get home.

I was pretty impressed with the pace of the show. I thought they might slow things down but things were happening lighting fast. It will be interesting to see what future episodes are like.

Second even without seeing the credits you could tell Joss's hand prints were all over this. It was so nice to see Joss's humor back on TV. My favorite bits were the burned out bulbs and Red Tape bits.

I'm not quite sold on the Team chemistry quite yet but some of the individual characters did really well including Skye who kind of blew me away. I hope Colbie becomes a regular next year once Mother wraps up. Coulson was well Coulson which is a good thing.

Lots of story arcs already in play which will be very interesting to see how well it plays out especially Coulsons.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I thought it was pretty good, Skye was a little annoying tho.

For those who saw it: Anyone else notice Coulson dodge the van door? The three theories I've heard so far is he is an android/lmd, given a super serum like Captain America, or a clone. Can't wait to find out what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, Skye was a little annoying tho.

For those who saw it: Anyone else notice Coulson dodge the van door? The three theories I've heard so far is he is an android/lmd, given a super serum like Captain America, or a clone. Can't wait to find out what it is.
    I did notice the way he dodges it but additionally if you note the part where he's talking about visiting Tahiti with the one chick the old guy comes over and says "he really doesn't know does he?" to which she answers "he can never know". So I'm guessing he really did die and that story is a cover or something. I really want to know now what it was but I hope it's not stupid because Phil is my favorite character.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Found it disappointing. It is not even remotely serious but without any redeeming features like some of the comedy of Iron Man.

It is like going backwards in time to pre-Heroes (2006) sci-fi TV shows where anything with the word sci-fi or fantasy was a total joke. I'm half expecting a Xena Warrior Princess to pop up in the next episode...

I will watch it for an episode or two to see if it sinks any lower or actually tries to integrate some decent story arcs into it.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-09-25 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    Its good not great. Good to see Ron Glass in a whedon production. I liked the iron man 3 tie in. It has a lot of potential.
    This is pretty much the same way I felt about it as well. It's definitely something I will continue to watch, but I do hope that it will become better.
    Even though the pilot was pretty good.

I really hope they focus on the cool gadget parts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Wasn't really impressed with the pilot I felt the other shows similar like Alphas was more entertaining that what we have seen so far. Also Coulson is a badass as can be seen in the short they did.

Deleted
    The first episode had some interesting things in it but overall I found it bad. It was like stuffing a chicken/turkey with your fist repeatedly.

Deleted
    I felt it was kind of borring. I rather watch.. Awkward or something instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I did notice the way he dodges it but additionally if you note the part where he's talking about visiting Tahiti with the one chick the old guy comes over and says "he really doesn't know does he?" to which she answers "he can never know". So I'm guessing he really did die and that story is a cover or something. I really want to know now what it was but I hope it's not stupid because Phil is my favorite character.
    I knew it couldn't be something as simple as "oh, he didn't really die, we did it to motivate the Avengers", so I'm guessing he might be an android/hybrid/Stark-mod something. Book and girl know, which means there is a whole room full of people that also know (Fury, Romanov, Barton ++) The way he snapped at Fitz/Simmons was out of character, so I'm wondering if there will be an episode when Coulson goes off the rails and the rest of the team has to nearly put him down.

I thought Skye was soooo cute, but really annoying at the start. As someone else stated, I didn't really feel the chemistry between the characters, but you could see Whedon's invisible chains binding the characters together through Coulson.

Overall, I really liked it, but I'm also a big fan of Whedon's work, and through him, those he's worked with. Baldwin, Fallion, etc. I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy this series. I lost interest in Arrow midway through the first season and have no interest in the Agent Carter series. I also never watched No Ordinary Family or Alphas. Loved Heroes and Misfits. (until that last horrible, horrible season that I never finished. Stopped watching after Curtis died, the last of the originals)

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt a bit like Firefly to be honest.
    What do you call a woman with one leg?
    - Ilene

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acknowledge View Post
    Felt a bit like Firefly to be honest.
    Are you kidding me, lol? You are comparing almost certainly the highest ever rated sci-fi TV show (amazingly even more than Battlestar Galactica and Heroes) with ONE episode of this ... borderline garbage?

Think you better hold your horses and watch a few more episodes before praising it from the rooftops!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-09-27 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Are you kidding me, lol? You are comparing almost certainly the highest ever rated sci-fi TV show (amazingly even more than Battlestar Galactica and Heroes) with ONE episode of this ... borderline garbage?

Think you better hold your horses and watch a few more episodes before praising it from the rooftops!
    While I love Firefly it's not the highest rated. Battlestar normally comes in above it. Most ratings have it at 10 or 11 at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    While I love Firefly it's not the highest rated. Battlestar normally comes in above it. Most ratings have it at 10 or 11 at best.
    I am going by IMDB ratings, but yes, they are all the highest rated major sci-fi TV series seen in the West. If people remember far back enough, I would even add Babylon 5 to that list!

The point is that it is 1) extremely early days to compare this to anything let alone the highest rated shows, 2) its offering so far has been gimmicky and so lighthearted it is almost like watching Chuck than a worthy sci-fi.

Still going to watch it for now though!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-09-27 at 02:25 PM.

I'll be up front, I like the show. Not sure if its just because I like superheroes and high tech gadgets, but it definitely was my initial draw. I didn't know it was by Whedon though (I don't really follow up on that kinda stuff). That's makes me a bit skeptical of how I'm going to like the show. I just was never into his stuff (I really, really wanted to like firefly, I just didn't).

On a side note, not having watched all of whedon's stuff, does he always mess around with the volume like that? I know its for dramatic effect, but I got really tired of having to up the volume, then lower it, then up it again every couple of minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was awesome, it was 100% classic whedon, just with a shiny high budget.

Good characters, decent storyline, was funny, action was reasonably good, a few cameos from the Whedon stables... What more could you ask for?

It's a bit early to judge overall, but after watching the pilot I'm 100% sure I'll tune in next week.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30