Another great episode. Pretty suspenseful.
    I still can't figure out which one is lying? I have a hunch, but any theories?

I think the brother is lying. Why? Grant's experience with the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alach View Post
    Another great episode. Pretty suspenseful.
    I still can't figure out which one is lying? I have a hunch, but any theories?
    I'm gonna go with "both".

I think the elder Ward is a sociopath, and I think he was the one who set younger Ward down the path that Garret ended up capitalizing upon. By trying to make it about which of the two is lying, you forget that they could very easily both be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

I think the elder Ward is a sociopath, and I think he was the one who set younger Ward down the path that Garret ended up capitalizing upon. By trying to make it about which of the two is lying, you forget that they could very easily both be lying.
    True enough and likely but if you remember the older brother saying he saw something in Ward's eyes for a just a moment when he was in the well then later we see the scene where Ward escapes it ends showing his eyes for a moment. I thought it was blatantly obvious at least so I'm sure it's just misdirection.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Remember, always knock out your super-criminals for transport folks, it's just good policy.

Exactly what I was thinking. Also about the well... remember the reason Ward was in Juvi was because of a fire. The well story could easily be made-up entirely. I am also going to go with the older brother is probably just better at getting away with shit. There was a moment when he was talking to Talbot that I thought Older Ward was going to kill him. Also... I feel like Hydra Ward is actually really afraid of his big brother. I don't think that was a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Remember, always knock out your super-criminals for transport folks, it's just good policy.
    Pretty much. I am quite disappointed Colsun didn't think of this :/ It's not like they don't have plenty of ways to knock a person out at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Pretty much. I am quite disappointed Colsun didn't think of this :/ It's not like they don't have plenty of ways to knock a person out at their disposal.
    Unless it was Coulson's plan the entire time. He could've had Ward transported and put in the US's care knowing he could break out easily making the older Ward look bad and Coulson having to "clean up the mess".

So far every decision Coulson has made has had a reason and point to it. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    True enough and likely but if you remember the older brother saying he saw something in Ward's eyes for a just a moment when he was in the well then later we see the scene where Ward escapes it ends showing his eyes for a moment. I thought it was blatantly obvious at least so I'm sure it's just misdirection.
    You know the best lies are wrapped around the truth.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Same way they went in with guns blazing rather than using the icers or whatever this episode. They don't really strive for consistency...

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You know the best lies are wrapped around the truth.
    For sure but that was such a "I AM A BADGUY" look.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Unless it was Coulson's plan the entire time. He could've had Ward transported and put in the US's care knowing he could break out easily making the older Ward look bad and Coulson having to "clean up the mess".

So far every decision Coulson has made has had a reason and point to it. Interesting to see how it plays out.
    Pretty sure that's all deliberate. They can tell Senator Ward they're giving him his brother, deliberately restrain him poorly so he escapes, and it's not THEIR fault the Senator's staff couldn't handle younger Ward. I'd bet they have some means to track him. There is no way that a top SHIELD agent like Ward wouldn't know how to get out of basic handcuffs, which is all they restrained him with. That's so glaring it seems deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Same way they went in with guns blazing rather than using the icers or whatever this episode. They don't really strive for consistency...
    They use nonlethal stuff against people they don't want to kill.

They DO want to kill Hydra agents.

Pretty sure that's all deliberate. They can tell Senator Ward they're giving him his brother, deliberately restrain him poorly so he escapes, and it's not THEIR fault the Senator's staff couldn't handle younger Ward. I'd bet they have some means to track him. There is no way that a top SHIELD agent like Ward wouldn't know how to get out of basic handcuffs, which is all they restrained him with. That's so glaring it seems deliberate.
    Exactly. Coulson has an angle he's playing at and isn't the guy just to give someone up to clear their name. He would've came up with something else. I'm betting this is more of an attempt to lure out the senator and see what his real goal is and make him look bad at the same time. I'm wondering if Coulson thinks he might be with Hydra in some fashion.

The scene with Ward you could tell he knew how to get out. At first I thought he was going to break a bone to loosen it, but you see him push his hand and slips out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Exactly. Coulson has an angle he's playing at and isn't the guy just to give someone up to clear their name. He would've came up with something else. I'm betting this is more of an attempt to lure out the senator and see what his real goal is and make him look bad at the same time. I'm wondering if Coulson thinks he might be with Hydra in some fashion.

The scene with Ward you could tell he knew how to get out. At first I thought he was going to break a bone to loosen it, but you see him push his hand and slips out.
    He dislocated his thumb to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    He dislocated his thumb to get out.
    Did he dislocate it? It looked like he did something, but I wasn't sure he dislocated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great episode, this season has been on point from day one.

I'm not sure which one of the Wards I hate more. It's clear they're both liars, where I think Grant has the edge is, perversely, he's honest about his lies, he doesn't try to hide the fact that he is a horrible, horrible person, to quote Jack Sparrow "You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest". The problem with Christian is he covers his dishonesty behind a reputable facade. I was really expecting him to turn it around at the end there, to try and spin it to make Hydra seem like the good guys and Shield the bad ones.

The Fitz/simmons scene was pretty brutal, especially when you add in the later scene, with Mack, where you find out she only left because she saw the negative effect she was having on his recovery... A little predictable sure, but still a great scene, brilliantly played by all three actors (Mack is probably my favourite new character this season, his scenes with Fitz are great.)

As for Wards escape... There's no way that wasn't engineered, after all the uber security they had him in at base, why on earth would they slip some shoddy fucking rent-a-cop handcuffs on him and call it a day? I smell a Coulson plan behind this.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is the over/under on Sky's dad being an Inhuman? He got angry and destroyed an entire village full of Hydra agents so he certainly isn't normal plus all this talk about alien DNA with the Guest House thing (that was clearly a Kree) and the obelisk. The "map" that the alien writing seems to be could be some kind of a map of the human genome showing how the Kree messed with it in order to create advanced humans. They just announced an Inhumans movie so we know they will be in this universe eventually and there there is this quote from Feige https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/527172518340067329 Feige on INHUMANS: Where they fit into the universe you will find out sooner that you expect

I hope Age of Ultron will have at least one Agents of SHIELD cameo or hint or something else of sorts. They are the ones fighting the war against Hydra after all while all the other shit is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I hope Age of Ultron will have at least one Agents of SHIELD cameo or hint or something else of sorts. They are the ones fighting the war against Hydra after all while all the other shit is happening.
    It's an Avengers movie, and the Avengers are a SHIELD initiative. I expect we'll either see Fury or Coulson, depending on whether that's Fury's coming-back moment or not, but I doubt we'll see anyone else; Ultron isn't related to Hydra in any way, and that's where SHIELD's focus is. Age of Ultron is more about "well, this is WAY beyond our capacity, so let's aim the big guns at it and watch from the sidelines" kind of thing.

They may have a stronger connection in the next Cap movie, though.

It's an Avengers movie, and the Avengers are a SHIELD initiative. I expect we'll either see Fury or Coulson, depending on whether that's Fury's coming-back moment or not, but I doubt we'll see anyone else; Ultron isn't related to Hydra in any way, and that's where SHIELD's focus is. Age of Ultron is more about "well, this is WAY beyond our capacity, so let's aim the big guns at it and watch from the sidelines" kind of thing.

They may have a stronger connection in the next Cap movie, though.
    Fury was in the trailer, so he's definitely there. He's also not technically with SHIELD anymore, which is why I'm wondering.

And yesterday's new scene with the trailer at the end of it had a slight change in the first 30 seconds of the trailer material. Loki's scepter, which was last seen in Strucker's (spelling?) hands in the mid-credits scene in The Winter Soldier. I very much doubt Ultron is going to be the sole focus of the movie, even if he is the main one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    So what is the over/under on Sky's dad being an Inhuman?
    Hmm... See after the announcement of the Inhumans movie, specifically the fact it's not coming out for like 4 years, I figured that kinda ruled out Skye's dad being an Inhuman... But that tweet from Feige has kinda thrown me.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30