I had a thought regarding Captain Marvel and Agents of SHIELD. Since her backstory has her being in the Air Force, and the US Air Force is currently involved with the plot of Agents of SHIELD via Talbot, perhaps during the next season or two a pre-powered Carol Danvers can have a recurring role on the show.

Obviously whether this is feasible this is going to be highly dependent on who they cast. But if that's not an issue, I think this would be a neat way to fill out her backstory. People who are big fans of the character will get a taste of the MCU-incarnation of the character without having to wait for her to appear in the movies, people who watch her movie and want to find out more about her backstory can then go back and watch the Agents of SHIELD episodes she's in.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was certainly interesting.

There's certainly a ton going on - everything is mixed up and pretty much anyone except Coulson and probably Skye is a potential casualty during whatever happens with Ultron. So many directions events and characters can go between now and the end of the season. I'm also betting, (as other folks have previously pointed out here) that we're going to see at least one brainwashed Hydra mole at some point. (Last week served us a nice little reminder about Hydra brainwashing.) My speculation: Gomez is going to take over SHIELD just in time for it to be trashed by events on Avengers 2.

Also, did anyone else notice how it looked like Calderon, at least, wasn't bothering with icers when it came to Skye? And yes, seeing her cut loose deliberately was awesome.

And at the end, is Coulson in Tahiti, or just a beach somewhere?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Also, did anyone else notice how it looked like Calderon, at least, wasn't bothering with icers when it came to Skye? And yes, seeing her cut loose deliberately was awesome.
    Oh he was using as real gun alright, so was the guy that Skye took down by hand, it looks like the only one who was using icers was Bobbi. Also I don't think she was using her powers deliberately, looking at her posture it looks like she was trying to protect herself from Calderon's Bullet, I doubt that shock-wave was intentional.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2015-04-01 at 05:41 AM.

Wasn't around this episode last season that S.H.I.E.L.D. was falling apart from within? I'm hoping this doesn't end up being a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Wasn't around this episode last season that S.H.I.E.L.D. was falling apart from within? I'm hoping this doesn't end up being a pattern.
    Was curious if you were right. Looks like S1 E17 took place when Captain America 2 did where the base was under attack. Currently we are on S2 E15. Don't think it'll set a pattern though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Was curious if you were right. Looks like S1 E17 took place when Captain America 2 did where the base was under attack. Currently we are on S2 E15. Don't think it'll set a pattern though.
    My concern is that there are only so many enemies S.H.I.E.L.D. can realistically fight without the ability to call in Avengers-level firepower. Even if it's not a pattern, having a second 'power struggle from within' storyline in as many seasons has me concerned.

Plus they've split the party. Never split the party!

My concern is that there are only so many enemies S.H.I.E.L.D. can realistically fight without the ability to call in Avengers-level firepower. Even if it's not a pattern, having a second 'power struggle from within' storyline in as many seasons has me concerned.

True. I'm more so curious if they'll eventually add in S.W.O.R.D. or something else that can somewhat handle some things without having to call in the Avengers.

Really good episode.
    I liked the flashbacks a lot, its nice to see what was happening somewhere else while cap was doing his thing at the headquarters. This was a huge international spy agency and I bet they could make hundreds of stories all involving that day. 'The Day SHIELD fell.'

10+ Year Old Account
    oh man I wonder how Bobbi will confront that asshole for trying to shoot skye with a real bullet instead of an icer... I really hope she goes all out on his ass and takes skye's side in this, even after she leveled a part of the forest. Heck I hope both of them switch to Coulson's side eventually. Maybe merge the 2 SHIELDs together under a council, with both Coulson and the Old guy as leaders, and maybe May and Bobbi as other councilors(counselor? I dunno which one to use, plx halp).
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2015-04-01 at 09:34 AM.

I really liked Gorden's first appearance in the episode. In most fiction, if you are in an isolated cabin in the middle of the woods at night, and an eyeless man shows up, generally the eyeless man isn't an apparently nice person who just wants to have a chat.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

So since this is kinda setting up Inhumans, Gorden is a good guy right? And Raina will become too? I'm glad that in the previous episode Gorden said to Skye's father that they are nothing like him. This leaves more chance that Skye will accept what she is and actually work with these guys. I see her working with both SHIELD and the Inhuman party now.

Another excellent episode. Coulson and Hunter vs everyone else? Hardly seems fair, does it?

Some great Bobbi scenes (I really hope we don't lose her from the cast when this is all resolved). Loved what Simmons did to her.

The one question I have that I wish had been brought up: does Admiral Adama know that Fury is alive?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm wondering how many other people think they're leading the "real SHIELD". What's Maria Hill up to with Tony Stark (both of those were directors of SHIELD at some point)? Have the world government got an official replacement on the go (an analogue of HAMMER in the comics, which was directed by Norman Osborne)? I'm also finding it hard to believe they killed Victoria Hand so quickly.

I don't think we know enough about Gordon to determine whether or not he is good or bad. While I would like nothing more then for him to be a good guy, at this point he could easily be an inhuman supremacist, nice to them but a dick to humans, or some other shade of bad. I think he needs to interact with more characters before we can determine his alignment.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2015-04-01 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Coulson and Hunter vs everyone else? Hardly seems fair, does it?

Some great Bobbi scenes (I really hope we don't lose her from the cast when this is all resolved). Loved what Simmons did to her.

The one question I have that I wish had been brought up: does Admiral Adama know that Fury is alive?
    As far as we've seen so far no one knows Fury is alive except for Coulson, Jemma, maybe May and Skye. Unless they told Fitz he was passed out if I recall when Fury showed up. Then there's also Captain America, Maria Hill, Black Widow and Falcon. Don't think they've mentioned anyone else knowing yet. Of course when Avenger's 2 arrives we know they all know he's alive from previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm wondering how many other people think they're leading the "real SHIELD". What's Maria Hill up to with Tony Stark (both of those were directors of SHIELD at some point)? Have the world government got an official replacement on the go (an analogue of HAMMER in the comics, which was directed by Norman Osborne)? I'm also finding it hard to believe they killed Victoria Hand so quickly.
    Yeah, but when you are on a ship to the cube (believe that was the facility he was heading to) and believe you have the only traitor on board in cuffs it's pretty easy to get shot and killed in a second.

After sleeping on it, I'm wondering if this whole "S.H.I.E.L.D. vs S.H.I.E.L.D." storyline is intended to reset things to where they were at the end of Winter Soldier. After all, if you only watch the movies, you go into Age of Ultron expecting to see a Marvel Cinematic Universe where S.H.I.E.L.D. has been trashed and is in shambles, but if you have been keeping up with the TV show, you might wonder why S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't shown trying to do something about Ultron... unless the TV show manages to re-trash S.H.I.E.L.D. at just the right time.

It reminds me of the DC "Star Trek" comics from back in the early 80's. Issues #9-#37 detailed what happened to the Enterprise crew after the events of "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock". Spock had his mind fully restored by an encounter with his mirror-universe counterpart, and was given command of his own science vessel. Kirk was cleared of charges against him and given command of the USS Excelsior. Many adventures occurred for over two years of comics... and then it was learned that "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home" was going to take place immediately after the events of Star Trek III. So in the comics that came out just before the movie, Spock's new ship was wrecked in an incident that undid the mental healing he previously experienced, and Kirk took actions to save him and try to get him back to Vulcan that ended up with him 'coincidentally' again in Starfleet's bad books and again flying the Bird of Prey he had at the end of Star Trek III. So whether you had read the comic tie-in series between the films or not, the storyline still made sense from one movie to the next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As far as we've seen so far no one knows Fury is alive except for Coulson, Jemma, maybe May and Skye.
    May was there when Fury handed Coulson the toolbox, so she knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I don't think we know enough about Gordon to determine whether or not he is good or bad. While I would like nothing more then for him to be a good guy, at this point he could easily be an inhuman supremacist, nice to them but a dick to humans, or some other shade of bad. I think he needs to interact with more characters before we can determine his alignment.
    I'd probably predict that Gorden's Inhuman faction is at worst indifferent to humanity. They don't want to save the world, but they also aren't out to destroy it. The fact that Skye's mother had a relationship with a regular Human and, at least as far as Gorden is concerned, is still remembered fondly does lean towards a more amicable view towards humanity.

Gorden wasn't a fan of Cal. But Cal also happens to be a terrible person who was causing a lot of problems for them.

May was there when Fury handed Coulson the toolbox, so she knows.
    Ah yeah, that's right. Been awhile since I've seen it and I just need to sit down and watch the BluRay set here soon.

So I took a screenshot of what Hunter wrote on his piece of paper at the end of the episode but I still can't figure out what it said. Anyone know? Kinda looks like LHunter or Utunter..or something.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So I took a screenshot of what Hunter wrote on his piece of paper at the end of the episode but I still can't figure out what it said. Anyone know? Kinda looks like LHunter or Utunter..or something.
    It's his signature L(ance) Hunter. After that he gave it to Coulson and said that it acts as his contract toward SHIELD.