Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I thinks more Coulson doesn't want to really kill them whereas Ward wants to make sure they are dead, like everyone has said he's a ruthless sociopath.
    I think this is pretty much it. Coulson isn't the person who is going to kill someone unless he really really has too. They would rather hurt them to where they can capture them for later. Ward wanted them dead. Probably because he's a sociopath, maybe revenge, or any number of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Ward is a sociopath, people. A broken, scary, sociopath.
    I know what a untrustworthy person is going to do, a honest person? I have no idea.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I know what a untrustworthy person is going to do, a honest person? I have no idea.
    Like Jack Sparrow said..."Me? I'm dishonest. And you can always count on a dishonest person to act dishonestly, honestly. It's the honest people you gotta worry about because you never know when they'll do something really...stupid."

Signature Created by Jassinta

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Like Jack Sparrow said..."Me? I'm dishonest. And you can always count on a dishonest person to act dishonestly, honestly. It's the honest people you gotta worry about because you never know when they'll do something really...stupid."
    That is totally where I got it from.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Do not read this if you haven't seen Age of Ultron yet!!

I just seen the movie, and Im kinda disapointed that there were no hints, or anything towards Agents of Shields. I had hoped atleast something related to it would be discussed in AoU. Great movie though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Do not read this if you haven't seen Age of Ultron yet!!

I just seen the movie, and Im kinda disapointed that there were no hints, or anything towards Agents of Shields. I had hoped atleast something related to it would be discussed in AoU. Great movie though
    Whedon has said in interviews that as far as the movies are concerned, Coulson is dead so at least for the foreseeable future, I highly doubt there will be any mention to him or his team in any of the movies.

I am so, so tempted to click on that... I think I'd better avoid this thread until Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    I am so, so tempted to click on that... I think I'd better avoid this thread until Friday.
    Eh, it's nothing bad. It's what we already knew about the cast of Shield and the movie. In fact, it's not really even a spoiler as it doesn't really say anything about the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, it's nothing bad. It's what we already knew about the cast of Shield and the movie. In fact, it's not really even a spoiler as it doesn't really say anything about the movie.

Yeh, i just did it in spoiler tags, cuz you know, some people are picky

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Yeh, i just did it in spoiler tags, cuz you know, some people are picky
    Figured as much, but was just warning him that he's free to click it and it won't spoil anything in the movie in case his curiosity keeps trying to get him to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I thought your gift was to spin really fast and gather gold rings?"

Best. Line. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Whedon has said in interviews that as far as the movies are concerned, Coulson is dead so at least for the foreseeable future, I highly doubt there will be any mention to him or his team in any of the movies.
    while whedon said that, its not true. thats just whedon not liking the fact that they brought back coulson, and had even made the decision to bring him back before avengers even came out.

since whedon isnt doing anything marvel related anymore we should probably be seeing more of the tv stuff incorporated, unless the russo brothers feel the same way, which i doubt

- - - Updated - - -

also YAY bad arse field agent fittz.

need moar fittz in all episodes.

also ward keeps being cool, raina is pretty cool. and im thinking were gonna have to off skyes mom
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I don't really like skye's mum... can't wait to see skye tell her to fudge off already... It's obvious they are starting to not see eye to eye already, and I think it will go even further eventually... Whether it's by the end of the season or not remains to be seen...

Also that ending Call in the avengers plx, I wonder if they actually appear on AoS for a whole 10 seconds or they are just mentioned.

I had a feeling Simmons would do something to live up to her promise. Also, that Skye fight montage. Epicness!

I also had a feeling after watching Age of Ultron that this episode would reveal how they came into possession of the scepter's location. There was no hint of that whatsoever in the movie, they were just attacking.

Prediction for next week: Fury shows up, mends a lot of broken pieces, SHIELD gets back together, no Avengers show up but they're mentioned since they've got that new base and all, and Raina and Skye's mom have an argument that splits the Inhuman community in half. Take note of how Cal revealed his family connections to everyone in this episode and how it was previously mentioned that they really don't approve of special treatment for family.

List is also an unknown after AoU. Strucker was killed but it was never revealed what happened to List. I have a feeling he may go underground for a while to keep what's left of HYDRA alive for future use.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2015-04-29 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yeah I don't really like skye's mum... can't wait to see skye tell her to fudge off already... It's obvious they are starting to not see eye to eye already, and I think it will go even further eventually... Whether it's by the end of the season or not remains to be seen...

Also that ending Call in the avengers plx, I wonder if they actually appear on AoS for a whole 10 seconds or they are just mentioned.
    none of marvels main heroes have tv show clauses in their contracts so the only ones we see on the tv side are the ones that are either not as famous (therefore cheap enough) like sif and maria hill, or fanboys enough and already well off enough to just wanna do it for a good time (samuel l jackson)

this is the main reason i havent said anything about the rumour of strange appearing in iron fist in the main marvel thread. cumberbatch is so busy, and his contract took so long to finalize that theres no chance that its true. and in the off chance that it is it will just end up being reused voice clips or footage from the movie not anything worthwhile.

i think thats part of the reason were getting all the inhuman stuff, all the netflix shows, and spin offs. right now they cant crossover with the movies for money reasons except with story stuff so now that they have all these street level (cheaper) heroes they can start having crossovers and making it feel really connected
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    while whedon said that, its not true. thats just whedon not liking the fact that they brought back coulson, and had even made the decision to bring him back before avengers even came out.

since whedon isnt doing anything marvel related anymore we should probably be seeing more of the tv stuff incorporated, unless the russo brothers feel the same way, which i doubt
    There is no they, Whedon himself brought Coulson back for the TV series since he created it and all. And while he is not directly working on the future movies, he most likely did help lay out the ground work for them so I am sure he still has some influence. Also, I just don't ever see them incorporating anything major into the movies from the TV series. Having Hill or Fury show up in the series is a big moment, but having Skye show up in an Avengers movie or something will just leave 80% of the audience wondering who the shit she is and why is she important. If they brought Coulson back into the movies they would have to spend 10 min. then explaining how the hell he is still alive and what he has been doing for the past X years.

AoU-related spoiler: Considering how it was revealed that Theta Protocol cost a ton of money and equipment, I'm guessing it actually covers the new Avengers base seen at the end of the movie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    AoU-related spoiler: Considering how it was revealed that Theta Protocol cost a ton of money and equipment, I'm guessing it actually covers the new Avengers base seen at the end of the movie
    I agree and also think, considering the symbolism of Theta that it also refers to the resurgence of SHIELD, what with the Helicarrier being brought back and all

Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    I agree and also think, considering the symbolism of Theta that it also refers to the resurgence of SHIELD, what with the Helicarrier being brought back and all
    One question I haven't been able to answer though if this is the case: Why would Koenig be against implementing it? (mid-season finale)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    There is no they, Whedon himself brought Coulson back for the TV series since he created it and all. And while he is not directly working on the future movies, he most likely did help lay out the ground work for them so I am sure he still has some influence. Also, I just don't ever see them incorporating anything major into the movies from the TV series. Having Hill or Fury show up in the series is a big moment, but having Skye show up in an Avengers movie or something will just leave 80% of the audience wondering who the shit she is and why is she important. If they brought Coulson back into the movies they would have to spend 10 min. then explaining how the hell he is still alive and what he has been doing for the past X years.
    it wasnt whedons decision to bring coulson back to life. marvel told him before hand they were bringing him back. joss role in agents of shield was pretty minimal, its mostly his brother who is in charge

also no, marvel does not assume its audience are idiots. otherwise we would be seeing that "explaining" in every avengers movie because the audience overlap isnt the same for each character. not everyone goes to see thor who saw cap 2 and vice versa.

do you think they will spend a ton of time in infinity war explaining who the defenders are to everybody? no they will just be there, if the casual audience doesnt know who daredevil and luke cage is so what, the core marvel fan knows coulson is alive.

this is why marvel is doing away with origin stories. we dont need black panther spending a kajillion years explaining who black panther is, hes just gonna show up in civil war and do his black panther thing.

whedon is not in charge of marvel. fiege is. at the end of the day, the broad plan is fieges. it was fiege who decided to bring coulson back.