Page 1 of 173
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Coming to ABC Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. ET this fall!

Great,,,, now i have to get the ABC channel. I'm so going to watch it when it airs ( because of Agent COULSON)
    Who wouldn't love him? [Don't tell me it's LOKI]

PS.
    Did not find any threads about this show so.... move it if it's needed. or just delete it :P

Deleted
    interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they're not using Avenger characters as appearances without the original actor portraying them, then I'll give it a watch. Surprised to see they stuck with Coulson's actor, which is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    As long as they're not using Avenger characters as appearances without the original actor portraying them, then I'll give it a watch. Surprised to see they stuck with Coulson's actor, which is a good thing.
    Yeah I agree with this ^^
    That would really piss me off!
    On a more cheerful note, from that trailer, this show looks like it is going to be awesome!
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats awesome he's not dead. i always had an inkling of suspicion that fury actually covered it up as part of the "push" he was talking about the avengers needing to get their shit together.

coulson is the man. i really wasnt expecting his humor to become much of anything in the first iron man but he has really come along and i look forward to seeing what he can offer with this show. joss whedon is involved so i wouldnt be surprised if we dont maybe see a cameo or teaser throughout the season

Looks like it should be fun. I wonder if this show will include Whedon's patented "tiny super-powerful girl" character.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend showed me this the other day, I'm pleasantly surprised it's going to be a TV series.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get the feeling we just watched them blowing their budget on the first episode. There will be about 12 dry episodes after that followed by a finale. After that and knowing network television it will probably be cancelled. Network television really has no interest in making multiple seasons of this sort of thing because it costs a lot of money. Not when they can throw up a bunch of reality shows and get the same numbers at a fraction of the cost. Sad, but there you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I get the feeling we just watched them blowing their budget on the first episode. There will be about 12 dry episodes after that followed by a finale. After that and knowing network television it will probably be cancelled. Network television really has no interest in making multiple seasons of this sort of thing because it costs a lot of money. Not when they can throw up a bunch of reality shows and get the same numbers at a fraction of the cost. Sad, but there you go.
    You normally make me happy Fuzzzie, but now you make me sad. Why did you have to go and jinx it?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You normally make me happy Fuzzzie, but now you make me sad. Why did you have to go and jinx it?
    Not trying to jinx it. It's just a fact of Network television. It is sad

The show does look good though. I would say they should have shopped it around to networks but it's Disney so of course they'll use their network.

At first I though it was a spoof/joke, then I realized it was actually for real. This show looks like its going to be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Not trying to jinx it. It's just a fact of Network television. It is sad
    It's Joss Whedon and a network television, of course it will get cancelled
    On positive side, is that Gunn from Angel playing Luke Cage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this is gonna be some kind of Doctor Who / Twilight Zone / X-Files -like show. Maybe some other awesome sci-fi show could be mashed in there as well.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

I actually don't really have high hopes for this show. The premise seems to be a generic "government agents deal with superhumans" sort of thing. It almost seems like it was made to follow a villain of the week format. Prove me wrong Whedon.

Deleted
    Been looking for an excuse to use this video.

it shows exactly how I feel about this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Been looking for an excuse to use this video.

it shows exactly how I feel about this
    Yeh I dunno, seems a little over the top. I mean the show doesn't look THAT good.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Yeh I dunno, seems a little over the top. I mean the show doesn't look THAT good.
    Considering the Shows that Whedon has been involved with, Buffy, Angel, Firefly have all be phenomenal success in their target markets. Even though firefly was canceled after 1 season due mainly to it being shown out of order on TV giving it a disjointed feel, it is still revered by sci-fi fans as being an important part of the sci-fi genre of TV shows, Also lets not forget that Whedon has a real love of the Superhero / Comic book genre as can be seen in the Avengers movie.

Personally I think that if he has the budget, an since he is so far involved with the writing and Directing of the show then, Yes it does look that good. Especially if your a Superhero movie fan

Deleted
    Noone hasn't seen the first episodes yet

so

You can't judge a book by its cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it's awesome, been wanting a show like this for a while

Looks OK to me, I'll be checking it out. Not sure what to expect quality-wise though.