Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Those crystals were contaminated with the stuff that turns non-inhumans into stone. Once the metal (or whatever it was) was removed, it made it so only the stuff that activates inhumans is still there. So your average person won't be affected by it. However, anyone with that cree stuff in them will be activated.
    Hm...well I wouldn't necessarily say "that kree stuff" because Coulson has it in him and it looked like he was turning stone like the others and not a cocoon like state as Skye did. Need to get the episodes so I can go back through and see, but I think there was enough differences to be able to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Hm...well I wouldn't necessarily say "that kree stuff" because Coulson has it in him and it looked like he was turning stone like the others and not a cocoon like state as Skye did. Need to get the episodes so I can go back through and see, but I think there was enough differences to be able to tell.
    Coulson had a Kree-blood-derived treatment; it probably isn't still in his system.

The Inhumans are, basically, a GMO-variant of humanity; they're literally genetically different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very clearly how they are going to create a bunch of powered people for the show to deal with in a Monster of the Week fashion next season, and to provide more powered people to fuel the story of Civil War, its just them creating mutants without running into a licensing issue.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Its very clearly how they are going to create a bunch of powered people for the show to deal with in a Monster of the Week fashion next season, and to provide more powered people to fuel the story of Civil War, its just them creating mutants without running into a licensing issue.

Above and beyond that, somehow "deliberate genetic modification in prehistory by hyper-advanced aliens" (Inhumans) makes a little more sense to me than "people randomly start developing widely differing powers and physical changes, because they mutated" (Mutants). YMMV, of course.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The Inhumans were started pretty much specifically for that reason, originally. This isn't a new factor in the cinematic universe.

That said, there's still plenty of characters they can "tap in" as Inhumans, without it being a "monster of the week" thing. Introducing important characters who aren't A-list enough to front their own shows is a major advantage, and it means those characters can then show up in the big-budget blowout films without needing to dig into their origins and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Above and beyond that, somehow "deliberate genetic modification in prehistory by hyper-advanced aliens" (Inhumans) makes a little more sense to me than "people randomly start developing widely differing powers and physical changes, because they mutated" (Mutants). YMMV, of course.
    Both Inhumans and Mutants ultimately get their potential for powers from the same ancient-aliens scenario. The Celestials (a truly hyper-advanced race) fiddled with humanity, creating two off-shoot races and leaving mainstream humanity with dormant genes that could one day lead to "beneficial mutations."

Inhumans are the result of the Kree coming along much later and fiddling around with the potential left by the Celestials.

Mutants are the result of the latent genes "naturally" activating as a result of Earth's increasing background radiation.

Celestials are said to be on the same level as "omnipotent" beings such as Galactus and Odin. The space station "Knowhere" (the place the Collector had his base in GotG) is the head of a Celestial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Both Inhumans and Mutants ultimately get their potential for powers from the same ancient-aliens scenario. The Celestials (a truly hyper-advanced race) fiddled with humanity, creating two off-shoot races and leaving mainstream humanity with dormant genes that could one day lead to "beneficial mutations."

Inhumans are the result of the Kree coming along much later and fiddling around with the potential left by the Celestials.

Mutants are the result of the latent genes "naturally" activating as a result of Earth's increasing background radiation.

Celestials are said to be on the same level as "omnipotent" beings such as Galactus and Odin. The space station "Knowhere" (the place the Collector had his base in GotG) is the head of a Celestial.
    Do you think we will ever see them in the MCU as characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Mutants? Not as long as Fox holds the rights.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think he was referring to Celestials, but not sure.

Anyway, the possibility is always there, but I don't see any living Celestials appearing before like..phase 5

15+ Year Old Account
    Least be honest guys. The people who are going to be taking the fish oil will all be old and crap, we all know that!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Least be honest guys. The people who are going to be taking the fish oil will all be old and crap, we all know that!
    Hey, my doctor told me to take fish oil, and I'm not... oh shit, I'm old!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If you mean the Celestials, we did see one in Guardians of the Galaxy during the Collector's explanation of the Infinity Stones. He was the gigantic being wielding the power stone on the end of a staff.

But as an actual character? Doubt it. They're barely characters in the comic books. They're more akin to forces of nature.

To be even more honest, even with how crazy Skye's mom got, there was no way in hell she should have thought trying to kill someone who could see the future would turn out well for her. I mean, you really have to think these things out in your head before you go for them. That's even worse than Wards plan for assuming someone important will burst through the door to save Bobbi.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    To be even more honest, even with how crazy Skye's mom got, there was no way in hell she should have thought trying to kill someone who could see the future would turn out well for her. I mean, you really have to think these things out in your head before you go for them. That's even worse than Wards plan for assuming someone important will burst through the door to save Bobbi.
    Well, to be fair, Ward was actively going around with Agent 33 to take out everyone else who might have saved her.

Coulson Will Encounter the Secret Warriors on 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'

"Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns for a powerful third season introducing new friends and foes inspired by the critically acclaimed SECRET WARRIORS comic series. In the aftermath of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s battle with Jiaying and the Inhumans, Director Coulson will search the world for more powered people and assemble an extraordinary new team to deal with threats unlike the world has ever seen. However, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will soon find out they're not the only ones tracking down these new Inhumans.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/tv/24779/coul...#ixzz3eCJUhRgM
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait! This is going to be a GOOD season.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You should probably have highlighted that the season starts on September 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    My DVR tells me when to watch TV, I have no idea when anything returns
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Excellent. A day after my birthday. Now if only it changed to the 28th lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to tell you guys, AOS second season is supposed to be on netflix.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose