Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, but basing knowledge off a guy or what would happen on Earth doesn't mean it would happen the same on other planets or that it actually even occurs. As far as I know, and I could be completely wrong, we have never actually studied a portal to see if gravity works the same way as we think it does.

Deleted
    So, I did spoiler tag these still because not all people may have watched these episodes yet, so I'm at least trying not to ruin too much for anyone. My post looks like it came from the NSA and was fully redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Keevan View Post
    Now they didn't actually show Coulson's entry
    His entry is shown "clearly", yet not so clearly in the previous episode. He clearly falls down from at least a few feet, although he appears from the mist/dust, so whether he came out of a portal or from higher up in the sky is uncertain. Here's a gif animation of the fall, although it skips several frames mind you:

https://i.imgur.com/v00yNtb.gif

I think it's quite doubtful that the portal was on top of that peak there on the ground so that Coulson was flung straight up and fell straight down, and even so, at that speed he should go high enough to come down much harder than that. I'm thinking they just wanted it to look like he fell through the portal and came down a hill. At any rate, that's what happened. He did faceplant, but clearly he didn't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    If Daisy was opening the portal, and only she
    Daisy says "a) I can keep the portal open if something goes wrong", so no, it wasn't her opening the portal; she simply pointed out that she could help keeping it open if required, and that's why she stayed behind. The portal was opened, and kept open by the mechanics of the room.

Getting back to the debate about the portal being open for long enough for Ward to get out though...

There's 20 seconds between the worm thing slithering out of Will's head, and when the missiles actually hit the castle. Also, the missiles do very little, superficial damage to the above-ground portion of the castle, although it does collapse seconds later. What I mean, though, is that the explosion didn't necessarily destroy the portal room or the hallways/tunnels there. At 30 seconds the "rescue pod" flies up from the castle while it collapses.

I'm thinking 20 seconds is plenty of time for a supposed god-like (who seems to die very easily though) creature to possess a new body, sprint/fly/teleport a few hundred yards, and get out of a crumbling castle, or even withstand a few measly castle bricks falling on it.

60 seconds from the point in the episode when the timer inside the castle shows 60 seconds until the portal closes, Ward is still on his feet and Coulson is fighting him. So, yeah, time doesn't exactly pass the way it's shown with the timers. In fact, 3 minutes and 15 seconds later, Coulson and Fitz are still on the planet, and the portal, which was supposed to close after 60 seconds, is still wide open.

I've re-watched that part of the episode several times now, looking at the time, and trying to come up with a way of why, based on anything logical, the portal should've closed before Ward got out, and there's just nothing to back it up. Whoever doubts me can go watch it again, with timestamps.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-12-10 at 12:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else felt that Ward seemed like he knew Will to me? That look he gave him.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Daisy says "a) I can keep the portal open if something goes wrong", so no, it wasn't her opening the portal; she simply pointed out that she could help keeping it open if required, and that's why she stayed behind. The portal was opened, and kept open by the mechanics of the room.
    Yes. My entire post was showing that IF said case above was correct, there would be many inconsistencies and conflicts, and the explanation that it was the mechanisms still holding it open resolves many of them.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yeah, but basing knowledge off a guy or what would happen on Earth doesn't mean it would happen the same on other planets or that it actually even occurs. As far as I know, and I could be completely wrong, we have never actually studied a portal to see if gravity works the same way as we think it does.
    True, but I couldn't help but be reminded of GLaDOS
    Putin khuliyo

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Anyone else felt that Ward seemed like he knew Will to me? That look he gave him.

Because the symbol on his flight suit was associated with Hydra.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    To all who say the portal couldn't stay close enough, remember that on that planet time goes slower than on Earth. So even if there is like 5 seconds left of the clock before the portal closes, on that planet it's a lot longer than that. Plenty of time for IT to possess a body and go through the portal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps he/Hydra tortured info about him out of Simmons?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    To all who say the portal couldn't stay close enough, remember that on that planet time goes slower than on Earth. So even if there is like 5 seconds left of the clock before the portal closes, on that planet it's a lot longer than that. Plenty of time for IT to possess a body and go through the portal.
    If I recall correctly, in one of the earlier episodes they showed the portal opening and then closing. It was a very short window.

The speed in which all this must have happened seems to defy logic.

However, I think the show is going to be way more fun with the story line continuing rather then making the second half of the season into a lets chase Lash all over the place or starting up a brand new story line. So I'm good with it. Besides, AoS loves to play the A wizard did it card all the time, so why not here as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean because he recognized the patch on his jacket and knew he was one of the many people Hydra sent there as a sacrifice? Yes. It did seem like that, because that's exactly what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, keep in mind that we have no idea what the creature's powers are. Maybe all he actually needed was to know where the portal was and he could keep it open/open it himself for as long the connection existed.

You guys are acting like we're not going to get any type of explanation, given that Ward's appearance was intended to be a pure cliffhanger and spending ten minutes explaining it would have ruined the whole point.

In the first two minutes of the show, Fitz showed Ward a display on his pad of how the portal exit point is determined, just before he tried to steal Ward's gun. Maybe the creature accessed Ward's memories, and used his multi-thousand year old knowledge of the planet combined with that extra bit of information (and some tech in Coulson's hand) to just take the next portal out of there.

After all, that final scene showed Malik being driven away, and HiveWard shows up on the road ahead of him. If he'd come out at the same time as Coulson and Fitz, he'd still be way behind.
    Last edited by Khime; 2015-12-13 at 04:08 AM.

Being that he's hydra did Ward no about the centipede project in season 1 episode 1? I mean was it just a ploy when they were interrogating skye?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Being that he's hydra did Ward no about the centipede project in season 1 episode 1? I mean was it just a ploy when they were interrogating skye?
    Ward was just a goon with a moderately high clearance level in SHIELD. Compartmentalizing information is one of the most important things in spy organizations so no, he wouldn't have had access to most of Shield's projects and practically all Hydra projects. As an agent in the field, knowing that stuff would have just been detrimental to Hydra's efforts.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Ward was just a goon with a moderately high clearance level in SHIELD. Compartmentalizing information is one of the most important things in spy organizations so no, he wouldn't have had access to most of Shield's projects and practically all Hydra projects. As an agent in the field, knowing that stuff would have just been detrimental to Hydra's efforts.
    But he was Garret's flunkie. i assume that he would've known based on that.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    I thought it was obvious that the Ward heel turn was something they came up with on the fly. That's what happens when the entire series isn't planned out ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I thought it was obvious that the Ward heel turn was something they came up with on the fly. That's what happens when the entire series isn't planned out ahead of time.
    It wasn't. There are some good articles that talk about the clues they dropped in previous episodes before we found out.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Anyone reminded of SG-1 and the Goa'uld? The entity? IN which case, maybe Will didn't have to die.. .but saying that... did everyone think that Will was very suspicious from when Fitz found him? I kept think he's the guy isn't he.. I guess i'm good at reading these things cos I read the writers rather than the script. Although they made it a little obvious - I had always suspected Will would play that role... and wasn't surprised to find out Will was lost in Jemma's escape to Earth.

I think Ward suspected that Will was the creature he was looking for, he gives the rather extreme speech about new found destiny afterall.

I think Coulson over-matching Ward so easily was a bit unrealistic, Ward's been built up as too proficient for that.. no offense Coulson, who seems more a tactical genius than an out and out fighter.

Then finally that look Coulson and Fitz give each other, followed by Ward being revealed as the entity, something fishy is going on. At first I thought that somehow Coulson and Fitz had both become that thing, but then seeing Ward -- felt a bit obvious.. I mean from the moment that last fight scene took off, and it was confirmed it was Will, I knew somehow on Ward's and Will's death it would get to Ward.. there's always a massive clue when they suddenly skip time.

oh.. and how did Fitz and Coulson and Ward make the portal in time.. that thing should have been closing and gone for all the time they take to show Coulson murder Ward. Yes, Coulson murders Ward.

And yes, for all his crazy and evil, I still liked Ward and felt sorry for him.

Ward was my favourite character in the show

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Ward was my favourite character in the show
    I prefer FitzSimmons before they got all serious. Season 1 for them was great being the quirky side kicks. I like the new dimensions that they're using for the characters now too but season 1 is what dragged me in for them.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Trip was my favorite. RIP Trip
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.