Deleted
    Well, at least the Ghost Rider has the damn chain now. Just hoping he'll keep it. Now if he'd get the Penance Stare, I think we could disregard the lame car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    just watched the first 3 episodes (don't have cable to watch the new one yet) and I fucking love this ghost rider. but the only issue I have from a nerds perspective is why Robbie or this MCU version of him can't sense sin or has a penance stare. I haven't read the new run (to my shame) so IDK if that's just a thing with him or they want to avoid that morality angle to it.
    I would imagine over time he'll get it and he's still in the stage of grasping his full power. So far from what I've seen (haven't seen latest yet) is they've been slowly revealing his story and his powers as well. Which for me works rather than go full blown knowing all his abilities at the start and wonder why he doesn't use it every time.

I never thought the "Penance "Stare" was all that...compared to chucking around hellfire. And according to one of the bad guys in that first episode, hellfire was something to be feared.
    Still, GR is too strong for SHIELD.
    Which means they are hitting GR just right.

(I see Marvel trying him out solo on Netflix or something)

I like this ghost rider. I"m even over the fact that he is driving that car instead of riding a motorcycle.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    just watched the first 3 episodes (don't have cable to watch the new one yet) and I fucking love this ghost rider. but the only issue I have from a nerds perspective is why Robbie or this MCU version of him can't sense sin or has a penance stare. I haven't read the new run (to my shame) so IDK if that's just a thing with him or they want to avoid that morality angle to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, at least the Ghost Rider has the damn chain now. Just hoping he'll keep it. Now if he'd get the Penance Stare, I think we could disregard the lame car.
    I'm not gonna mark anything here as spoilers, since it's just what I know from the current Earth-616 comics setting, not the MCU setting, so AoS may change any of it (though they've been faithful thus far, with Ghost Rider).

There's no Penance Stare. Johnny Blaze had that because he was empowered by the Spirit of Vengeance. Reyes isn't. He's essentially not a "true" Ghost Rider. The spirit pushing him is a serial killer, so while it can juice him up in most ways and pretends it's a Spirit of Vengeance, it lacks the whole Penance Stare that a true Spirit would grant, because making people face their sins isn't what he's about; killing people is, and "for their sins" is how he convinces Reyes to play along.

It's kind of like the whole thing with Beta Ray Bill who got his own hammer, Stormbreaker, which is almost-Mjolnir-but-not.

I haven't gotten around to reading the entire Reyes run yet (and I mostly read through Marvel Unlimited, so I'm usually behind a few months), but that's the gist I've gotten.

Also, the Charger's not "lame". Johnny Blaze's bike became iconic, but the mythos goes back to when it was an actual horse, so let's not pretend that the bike was a required element.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, the Charger's not "lame". Johnny Blaze's bike became iconic, but the mythos goes back to when it was an actual horse, so let's not pretend that the bike was a required element.
    sORRY thats your opinion - In my opinion the car IS lame cause the evolution horse -> bike seems natural to me while the horse -> car aint.

Good episode. Liked the humor. Radcliffe talking about killing May gently and for a moment, two fire dudes in a warehouse of fireworks, Phil with Aida, or Fitz's discussion with Simmons at the end. All pretty funny. Plot itself was interesting too, Ghost Rider is cool and Jame's character development was a nice twist.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I loved the look on James's face after he threw that fireball at Robby and it barely made him flinch. You know, that look that screams, "I have made a huge mistake and I immediately regret my decision."
    Or the look on Robby's face when he caught that chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

There were Overwatch references in the episode too
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm not gonna mark anything here as spoilers, since it's just what I know from the current Earth-616 comics setting, not the MCU setting, so AoS may change any of it (though they've been faithful thus far, with Ghost Rider).

There's no Penance Stare. Johnny Blaze had that because he was empowered by the Spirit of Vengeance. Reyes isn't. He's essentially not a "true" Ghost Rider. The spirit pushing him is a serial killer, so while it can juice him up in most ways and pretends it's a Spirit of Vengeance, it lacks the whole Penance Stare that a true Spirit would grant, because making people face their sins isn't what he's about; killing people is, and "for their sins" is how he convinces Reyes to play along.

It's kind of like the whole thing with Beta Ray Bill who got his own hammer, Stormbreaker, which is almost-Mjolnir-but-not.

I haven't gotten around to reading the entire Reyes run yet (and I mostly read through Marvel Unlimited, so I'm usually behind a few months), but that's the gist I've gotten.

ahhh ok, I knew the origins of the Reyes ghost rider were different but I thought it was a Danny ketch kinda situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    sORRY thats your opinion - In my opinion the car IS lame cause the evolution horse -> bike seems natural to me while the horse -> car aint.
    hmm....Horsepower!!!

I wasn't crazy about the car either...actually, I'm still not a fan of it, but I like it a little more now than when I heard of it. Nevertheless, I like the idea of Ghost Rider on a bike infinitely better. Horse --> bike is more logical to me and is more aesthetically pleasing. Remember that song "Wanted" by Bon Jovi? There's a great line, one that's directly relevant to this discussion: "I'm a cowboy - on a steel horse I ride". That's basically why the idea of a Ghost Rider on a motorcycle is better than Ghost Rider driving a car. A motorcycle and how one rides it is closer visually to the absolute iconic American image of a cowboy on horseback. The Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider movie was shit, but it at least got this right (skip to 2:12):

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    There were Overwatch references in the episode too
    That is so fucking awesome. Love that the episode writer confirmed them too, and even went so far as to try and emulate Junkrat's ammo look.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-10-21 at 03:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The main reason I love Ghost Rider in this season is simple; they needed a canon Marvel character to pop up now and again. The fact that they're keeping one through the whole season is a really good idea. I always hated the references to the Avengers and the movies but never had even a cameo of a true super hero.

Thanks for the whole insight on why he does not have the penance stare, I don't read the comics.

As far as the debate between car/bike? I think the whole thing falls down to what the owner of the power prefers doesn't it?

Regardless, that's one bad ass muscle car.

Deleted
    Well, yeah... That's true for 616. I was kind of musing hopefully about them not being so faithful to the 616 Robbie Reyes. But you're right, of course.

There's a similarity between horses and bikes, namely that you ride both of them, and thus you're a rider. A Ghost Rider. You don't ride a car. You can ride in a car, as a passenger, sure. You drive a car, so he's a Ghost Driver. OK, so this is a kind of a dumb argument. I admit. Nevermind.

However, I'll still stand by him having a car as the vehicle being lame; the whole iconic image of the Ghost Rider is now gone. Now his flaming head is just flaming inside some car, filling it with smoke and soot. The hotboxing Ghost Driver. Also, bikes are cool.

But anyway... I'm just happy he has a chain now. The 616 version has that too, along with some knives, apparently.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-21 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah... That's true for 616. I was kind of musing hopefully about them not being so faithful to the 616 Robbie Reyes. But you're right, of course.
    Yeah, like I said, the big grain of salt there is "this is true for Earth-616 Reyes"; Earth-616 Nick Fury is a white dude, Angry Reed Richards basically, not Sam Jackson.

However, I'll still stand by him having a car as the vehicle being lame; the whole iconic image of the Ghost Rider is now gone. Now his flaming head is just flaming inside some car, filling it with smoke and soot. The hotboxing Ghost Driver. Also, bikes are cool.
    I'm mostly just standing by the classic Charger as an awesome car, but that's the classic-muscle-car-lover in me speaking more than anything. It's not a late-60s Mustang, but Chargers from the same era are acceptable.

good episode, but what keeps bothering me is why does Daisy get hurt when using her powers now? From what I heard at the end of Season 3 when May's husband cured Daisy of hive, somehow her powers were effected too for some reason? Idk. its really strange though seeing how she received her powers in season 2, and she was fine with using them freely after Lincoln helped her, until Season 4 started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    why does Daisy get hurt when using her powers now? From what I heard at the end of Season 3 when May's husband cured Daisy of hive, somehow her powers were effected too for some reason? Idk. its really strange though seeing how she received her powers in season 2, and she was fine with using them freely after Lincoln helped her, until Season 4 started.
    You know how a lot of athletes can often get worse and worse the older they get, as far as their bones, ligaments and so on goes? Wear and tear, you see. Yeah, she was using her powers fine in the beginning, but shit takes it's toll. Also, she doesn't have the gloves/bracers that were specifically built for her a long time ago so she wouldn't screw up her arms.

You know how a lot of athletes can often get worse and worse the older they get, as far as their bones, ligaments and so on goes? Wear and tear, you see. Yeah, she was using her powers fine in the beginning, but shit takes it's toll. Also, she doesn't have the gloves/bracers that were specifically built for her a long time ago so she wouldn't screw up her arms.
    i thought those gloves that were built by Simmons ended up hindering her powers from growing or whatever, as Lincoln explained it saying the gloves were doing more harm than good.
    also shes not that older? its been maybe half a year or so between the series? maybe the drugs are just a handy plot device.

good episode, but what keeps bothering me is why does Daisy get hurt when using her powers now? From what I heard at the end of Season 3 when May's husband cured Daisy of hive, somehow her powers were effected too for some reason? Idk. its really strange though seeing how she received her powers in season 2, and she was fine with using them freely after Lincoln helped her, until Season 4 started.
    Well in Season 2 & 3 she didn't use her powers as frequently as she is now and prior to the season start. Prior to season start they were showing all the events and such that she was involved in. So she was heavily using her powers which could cause strain compared to before when it was just occasional. Before she used them what once every 2-4 episodes? Now it's every episode and in a lot more dose than before.

Deleted
    i thought those gloves that were built by Simmons ended up hindering her powers from growing or whatever, as Lincoln explained it saying the gloves were doing more harm than good.
    Well, yeah... The gloves were inhibiting her powers. Powers which were shattering her bones, we now realize, the more "power" she expends at once. So yeah, they'd definitely help. Also, the way Simmons mentioned/referred to the gloves, I think their current version would keep her forearms from being turned to dust.

also shes not that older?
    I used athletes having problems when they're older as an analogy. I wasn't referring to Daisy being older, but her having used her powers more and more and thus having caused more and more wear and tear on her forearms. Something what athletes typically notice only after they start getting older.

She's vibrating the bones in her hands and arms every time she uses her powers, and the more power expenditure, the more they vibrate. That vibration obviously causes microfractures in those bones, and the more of those she accumulates, the more screwed she becomes.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-21 at 10:14 AM.

Well, yeah... The gloves were inhibiting her powers. Powers which were shattering her bones, we now realize, the more "power" she expends at once. So yeah, they'd definitely help. Also, the way Simmons mentioned/referred to the gloves, I think their current version would keep her forearms from being turned to dust.

I used athletes having problems when they're older as an analogy. I wasn't referring to Daisy being older, but her having used her powers more and more and thus having caused more and more wear and tear on her forearms. Something what athletes typically notice only after they start getting older.

She's vibrating the bones in her hands and arms every time she uses her powers, and the more power expenditure, the more they vibrate. That vibration obviously causes microfractures in those bones, and the more of those she accumulates, the more screwed she becomes.
    it just seems weird that she appears to be the only Inhuman in the show atm that actually harms herself when she uses her powers, Lincoln could electrocute anything for days, Joey can manipulate metal, Yoyo can run without issues, and James can even fire fireballs without any cost to himself.