10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Do you think when Coulson mentioned they were going to take the book to someone who knew how to dispose of it, they were alluding to Dr. Strange?
    Doubtful. SHIELD still thinks everything boils down to science; I seriously doubt the soon-to-be Sorceror Supreme is anything more than a tickle on their radar. It's more likely they mean the Asgardians or something.

And if the Darkhold is anything like its comics iteration, their response would probably be to fire it into the nearest black hole and pray nothing lives in there anywhere.

One of the things I've enjoyed seeing this season was how the Darkhold, a mystic tome of knowledge penned by the greatest author of black magic in millennial ages earlier, could so well pervert science to the point of even introducing new science...with the end result that is still to the detriment of humanity.

Deleted
    I hope Radcliffe stays a while longer though. His acting is awesome and he was incredible in Spartacus.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    I hope Radcliffe stays a while longer though. His acting is awesome and he was incredible in Spartacus.
    I actually do mean this to be a compliment, so please bear with me: he was the best part of the Mummy movies too.

Fantastic episode. I honestly didn't see that coming. Well played.

What I don't understand is after Ultron and Aida going berserk and trying to kill everyone I would have expected S.H.I.E.L.D. to go over every inch of Dr. Radcliffe's stuff with a fine tooth comb and confiscate every bit of technology from the last 50 years.
    Signature not found

So that's his secret.

And Talbot's fucking ringtone...

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    What I don't understand is after Ultron and Aida going berserk and trying to kill everyone I would have expected S.H.I.E.L.D. to go over every inch of Dr. Radcliffe's stuff with a fine tooth comb and confiscate every bit of technology from the last 50 years.
    That would have been a reasonable response.

I just don't know about this show anymore...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I actually do mean this to be a compliment, so please bear with me: he was the best part of the Mummy movies too.

Fantastic episode. I honestly didn't see that coming. Well played.
    Never noticed you replied somehow. I also agree with that. He was playing a more goofy character, but still the best.

In Spartacus he was amazing. From ruthless to cold to actually really caring about his gladiators (In one way or another) and obviously his wife.

His best performance was Spartacus. Such an amazing portrayal. From our POV he was the villain, but he was also a compassionate good guy and at times you felt rooting for him. So complex.

Didn't Radcliffe ever watch Matrix? Of course May wouldn't like a spa visit!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Didn't Radcliffe ever watch Matrix? Of course May wouldn't like a spa visit!
    A connection they haven't drawn out explicitly is how similar this is to Coulson's Tahiti experience. Makes you wonder if Radcliffe was involved there at some level, or if he's building off of that.

Just watched the 9th episode. Was some reaaaaaaaaal BS writing when it came to the brother's choice between the nice SHIELD scientist and the sister who had him almost killed (and the only reason she didn't was because she didn't know for sure if he was a inhuman or not). "But hey, now that she knows I'm a inhumane I'll totally run away with her instead. Oh hi evil Watchdog guy who was also trying to cut me up just a few minutes ago. Let's get in this chopper and be friends."

Also didn't like they didn't have the slightest bit of explanation as to why they didn't find Agent May when they were over at Radcliffe's house.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-01-20 at 12:40 AM.

So are we done with Ghostrider? Or is he ever coming back?

Done for now at least. The subtitle has changed from Ghostrider to LMD so it's going to be about Radcliffe, Aida and Maye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    So are we done with Ghostrider? Or is he ever coming back?
    One of the things they're using Agents of SHIELD for is to audience-test certain characters. If they do well enough, there may be room for a solo spinoff, the same way the Punisher has from Daredevil (though those shows have a different showrunner and all that, so not exactly the same environment). Ghostrider seemed well-received, so it's possible he'll be back in his own or another show, and I'd be surprised if they didn't bring him back for the finale, even if just for a "and stay down" kind of moment. The SHIELD team barely takes down MegaRadcliffe who's corrupted by the Darkhold, they collapse exhausted, and then Radcliffe pulls himself back together, cackling about how he's only getting started, then BAM, flaming chain around the neck, Ghostrider saves the day. Fade to black.

Deathlok is an example of a character they tested out that way who just didn't work out as well as hoped, so he's "around" but they're not desperately trying to do anything with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    One of the things they're using Agents of SHIELD for is to audience-test certain characters. If they do well enough, there may be room for a solo spinoff, the same way the Punisher has from Daredevil (though those shows have a different showrunner and all that, so not exactly the same environment). Ghostrider seemed well-received, so it's possible he'll be back in his own or another show, and I'd be surprised if they didn't bring him back for the finale, even if just for a "and stay down" kind of moment. The SHIELD team barely takes down MegaRadcliffe who's corrupted by the Darkhold, they collapse exhausted, and then Radcliffe pulls himself back together, cackling about how he's only getting started, then BAM, flaming chain around the neck, Ghostrider saves the day. Fade to black.

Deathlok is an example of a character they tested out that way who just didn't work out as well as hoped, so he's "around" but they're not desperately trying to do anything with him.
    Yeah, I was just about done with AoS, but came back for this season specifically because of Ghostrider and because I wanted to see what they were going to do with him. I loved the character, but I wasn't really excited with what they did with his story. Then he makes a hasty exit and now it's all about the LMD/Darkhold corruption plotline. I honestly wish Ghostrider were still in play. I'm sure budget constraints are part of the reason why he's out - the CGI they had for him was pretty good, so it was probably really expensive having him on.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    I'm sure budget constraints are part of the reason why he's out - the CGI they had for him was pretty good, so it was probably really expensive having him on.
    I'm honestly surprised they managed to make his scenes as consistently good as they did. Guess we'll see later on in the season if there's a cost to be paid for that.

So this episode we were given two mysteries - who is the second LMD, and who is the Senator's mole in SHIELD... and both of them apparently turned out to be Radcliffe. I am disappoint.

Speculation: With the real May being fed a scenario which presents an altered outcome of Bahrain, I'm foreseeing a moment in a future episode where Coulson will have to quickly decide which of May and LMD-May are the real ones, and makes the wrong choice based on May's altered memories. Of course, LMD-May's fundamental protective programming would kick in and take any potential kill-shot, but still.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-01-25 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    So this episode we were given two mysteries - who is the second LMD, and who is the Senator's mole in SHIELD... and both of them apparently turned out to be Radcliffe. I am disappoint.
    When they said there was a leak, my immediate thought was May's camera eye. But I think it's a misdirect, I don't think Radcliffe was referring to himself when he mentioned another. I think he's replaced Simmons, and her programming was to discourage Fitz from looking into Aida.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    When they said there was a leak, my immediate thought was May's camera eye. But I think it's a misdirect, I don't think Radcliffe was referring to himself when he mentioned another. I think he's replaced Simmons, and her programming was to discourage Fitz from looking into Aida.
    I doubt it. For one, Radcliffe said "other", not "otherS", so there's only one more LMD beyond May. For two, I really don't want the show to turn into Battlestar Galactica "who's the secret LMD" nonsense. Especially since Step 1 after finding May and Radcliffe is gonna be "let's cut everyone to see if they're mechanical or not".

Deleted
    I hope Aida stays on this show, even after this season has ended. Fitz is working on her. She's too hot not to become a regular