Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wanted to give you Curse people a heads-up.

A very influential YouTuber in the WoW Community and League of Legends community (someone who does the weekly roundups for both WoWInsider and Surrender@20) is bashing your addon client, the Curse Client.

May want to get on this.

http://gyazo.com/e4eb3eb2b15d588367e0c7009219e024

Who? And pray tell, what are they saying about the client?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Who? And pray tell, what are they saying about the client?
    Who cares is the better question. People are allowed to dislike something and speak their mind about it. Not sure what the OP thinks is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Who cares is the better question. People are allowed to dislike something and speak their mind about it. Not sure what the OP thinks is going to happen.
    Oh sure, absolutely. Not going to change my mind in the slightest unless there are valid concerns about the client's safety or something along those lines.

Was just curious, but not curious enough to click a link I suppose

I care and I'm sure Curse cares about their self-image. Anyone slanderizing their assets should probably be quieted down. She was dumb enough to download an "update" to ElvUI (which has been stated to NO LONGER be updated via the Curse Client for a LONG TIME now) and then call the Curse Client a shitty program when the apparent "update" deleted her WTF folder, or something to that effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, are we all meant to be boycotting the curse client now or something? Just because someone has opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    So, are we all meant to be boycotting the curse client now or something? Just because someone has opinions?
    Never said that. I still use the Curse Client and I think it's a wonderful program.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theCOLORtwelve View Post
    Anyone slanderizing their assets should probably be quieted down.
    Im sure curse has already set assassins on them.

Oh god, no wonder you didn't name the youtuber in question. She's a fucking hack and obviously while I understand her appeal to the 13-25 market that plays these games, I wish for the life of me she'd retire.

Welp, may as well shut the thread up now. Mission accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care and I'm sure Curse cares about their self-image. Anyone slanderizing their assets should probably be quieted down. She was dumb enough to download an "update" to ElvUI (which has been stated to NO LONGER be updated via the Curse Client for a LONG TIME now) and then call the Curse Client a shitty program when the apparent "update" deleted her WTF folder, or something to that effect.
    I aak again why do you care it's not your product. Ok, so the person complaining is an idiot and downloaded an out of service add on. What do you think Curse is going to do about it? There is nothing they can do. People are allowed to have an opinion and express it freely.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL tard using a premade ui updates it through curse and it breaks and gets mad, don't see the problem here, it's common sense not to update those through curse but rather the projects home page
    Sig by Safhira

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone can be a computer prodigy and figure out how to read warnings and such. If that's the real story, I'm going to bed with a smile on my face tonight!

I aak again why do you care it's not your product. Ok, so the person complaining is an idiot and downloaded an out of service add on. What do you think Curse is going to do about it? There is nothing they can do. People are allowed to have an opinion and express it freely.
    I care because it's a product I use. And people are only allowed to express their opinions if it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others. Shit-talking someone and the things they own is infringing upon their rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, may as well shut the thread up now. Mission accomplished.
    What was the mission? To tell some random users on a forum owned by Curse someone was talking shit about them?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 01:50 AM ----------

I care because it's a product I use. And people are only allowed to express their opinions if it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others. Shit-talking someone and the things they own is infringing upon their rights.
    Uh definitely not. Curse is a company not a person.

No its not. Its freedom of speech. I don't care for the curse client either just because its made in the .NET framework which is slower then dirt.

What was the mission? To tell some random users on a forum owned by Curse someone was talking shit about them?
    Someone really has it in for me, it seems. I was merely here to tell Curse that someone is bad-mouthing one of their programs due to their own misuse, someone very influential in the WoW community who can impose their opinion upon their followers. That's bad for business, if you ask me. Please, if you're going to try to make me feel bad, try a little harder next time.

Someone really has it in for me, it seems. I was merely here to tell Curse that someone is bad-mouthing one of their programs due to their own misuse, someone very influential in the WoW community who can impose their opinion upon their followers. That's bad for business, if you ask me. Please, if you're going to try to make me feel bad, try a little harder next time.
    No one is trying to make you feel bad......I think.

You are blowing this out of proportion.

Curse is a company with rights. (:

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    No one is trying to make you feel bad......I think.

You are blowing this out of proportion.
    Am I, really?

Whatever you say. No more responses from me. Go ahead and close this thing if you notice it, boys.

Delusional D-level airhead youtuber did something dumb (unsurprising) and blames Curse for it. Considering who it is, it really is not noteworthy.