Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    "freedom of religion", okay. If they refuse to adapt to the country then why do they even come here? :/
    Tell us Americans about it. Over here the majority of immigrants cling to their home country and refuse to become a true American by assimilating. They plaster their home country flags over their windows, hanging from the mirrors in their cars, refuse to learn English, expect everyone else to cater to their cultures and sensitivities, AND they dont even refer to themselves as American. They call themselves Asian-American, Latin-American, Mexican-American, Italian-American, Polish-American etc..... To me, if youre going to move to a country take advantage of the tremendous opportunities it offers, and live there, you should assimilate and BECOME a citizen of the country you moved to, and stop clinging to the supposedly awful country you fled from.
    Last edited by Orlong; 2013-05-18 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The translation isn't that good and my Swedish is bad at best. So the city paid the man 30k before the DO could even do anything about the situation?
    No idea what DO could do, but they didn't do anything in this case.

Men innan en anmälan hann upprättas betalade Trollhättans stad ut 30 000 kronor i skadestånd. Den kvinnliga arbetsledaren tilldelades en skriftlig varning för att ha brutit mot Trollhättans stads mångfaldsplan.
    ^Before a complaint could be registrated at DO Trollhättan City paid out that money and gave the female boss a warning. So it's on the city, they are wasting tax payers money without even having a ruling from DO to support it. Fucking retards.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    If this was a buddhist or hindu man forced to do something against his religion you would all take the religious guy's side.
    Why would we do that? Religion is a personal thing, in a public setting one should set aside his/her religion when necessary.

This guy was going to be an intern of the integration department, yet can't even shake hands which is one of the most basic interactions between people.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-05-18 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling :(

Deleted
    Some Muslims wonder why they get the feeling that they are not welcome in a new country, Well the shit caused by a minority of them, causes problems for all of them. It should not be this way, but then it should not be that a person get awarded nearly $5000 for refusing to shake hands with a woman, and his boss get a warning for it.

He should have made it perfectly clear from the start that he would not shake hands with people without washing his hands afterwards, and should not have been offered the postion. But then I guess he would scream discrimination due to his religion over that too. To me it sounds like he is using his religion as a way to make frivolous compensation claims agains business's. I dare say if anyone was to look into his history that this is not the first instance of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Outrageous.

Sam Harris was correct when he said that liberals are spineless on the destructive beliefs of Islam and that it's a sorry state of affairs that only the far right-wing religious nuts are strongly speaking up about this.
    And when they DO speak up, they are chastised, demonized, and called racists by the same liberals who refuse to see the problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    But to fucking sue over it, go back to where you come from
    But he didn't fucking sue over it, he complained to the correct channels in the hopes that he could maybe get a job and be productive in the country without having to be forced to do things that was restricted to him, but before that was handled the work place said "shit we fucked up here take our money", because the female employe did in fact make demands she was not in a position any to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yup, that's the world today. A religion can be inherently flawed and any attempts to point it out as being so get you labelled as racist and ignorant.

I mean yeah bring up the Inquisition and Crusade, but those were over 500 years ago. Its the 21st century and the entire world has to deal with lunatics from a religion that is stuck 1000 years in the past. Why do we all have to accept this?
    Its OK to bring up the crusades because it was Christians. See in this day and age its only racist if you question something a minority does, but its OK to be as racist/bigotty as you want if youre questioning white people, men, straight people, and Christians

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was a buddhist or hindu man forced to do something against his religion you would all take the religious guy's side.
    Because i personally don't like Islam as i find it to be incredibly more violent, aggressive and destructive than Hinduism or Buddhism.

I thought you had to be super super super baller to get citizenship in Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    curious question here, this is within context, if this was a traditional Japanese person instead of a muslim person, and he refuses to shake hands due to his way of courtesy is to bow and the swedish person in the context as well refuses to bow, would the reaction of the posters here be the same ?
    I would say no, because that person is still trying to show respect by bowing, I believe cultural differences are different to blindly following your religion in a country that is not your own and expecting everyone around you to obey it.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-05-18 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Culture - enriched.

I can see where all Muslim hate is coming for small minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Tell us Americans about it. Over here every the majority of immigrants cling to their home country and refuse to become a true American by assimilating. They plaster their home country flags over their windows, hanging from the mirrors in their cars, refuse to learn English, expect everyone else to cater to their cultures and sensitivities, AND they dont even refer to themselves as American. They call themselves Asian-American, Latin-American, Mexican-American, Italian-American, Polish-American etc..... To me, if youre going to move to a country take advantage of the tremendous opportunities it offers, and live there, you should assimilate and BECOME a citizen of the country you moved to, and stop clinging to the supposedly awful country you fled from.
    To be fair you don't just stop being asian or whatever just because you move to America, i agree though in regards to problems with assimilation. but they have every right to refer to themselves as asian-american, latin-american, polish-american etc.

He's free to believe whatever he wants, and to not do what he doesn't want to do (even if he's misguided in that matter).

However, if he is then he shouldn't take a job that REQUIRES actions he's unable or unwilling to partake in. It would be like a Jewish person working in a swine slaughterhouse and then complaining it isn't kosher, or a woman working in a strip club and complaining that there's too many naked women dancing there. Or me working in a kitchen and complaining its too hot.

If you can't do it, don't take the job. Its why I don't work in kitchens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Catholics ARE Christians, just a different branch and often more devout the way I understand it. They both use the Bible and believe in the same God

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Catholics ARE Christians, just a different branch and often more devout the way I understand it. They both use the Bible and believe in the same God
    Ask a Christian if they are Catholic or vis-versa, I'm sure the answer would be no. The difference is not who they believe in but the way they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    To be fair you don't just stop being asian or whatever just because you move to America, i agree though in regards to problems with assimilation. but they have every right to refer to themselves as asian-american, latin-american, polish-american etc.
    Learning the basics of the country you moved to is common manners though. And practical.

And sadly, something many English speaking immigrants fail to do. The number of Brits who move to Spain or France without learning a lick of the language is disturbingly high. And they are the same people who demand foreigners learn English.

Again, its why I don't move abroad or travel often - I suck at learning other languages.

I truly hope that in some near future some dictator would take over the world ( or aliens, pandas, gnomes.. ) and and forbid religion....

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    He's free to believe whatever he wants, and to not do what he doesn't want to do (even if he's misguided in that matter).

However, if he is then he shouldn't take a job that REQUIRES actions he's unable or unwilling to partake in. It would be like a Jewish person working in a swine slaughterhouse and then complaining it isn't kosher, or a woman working in a strip club and complaining that there's too many naked women dancing there. Or me working in a kitchen and complaining its too hot.

If you can't do it, don't take the job. Its why I don't work in kitchens.
    A man is looking for a construction job, but his religion keeps him from hitting anything. Would you hire him because he can't do half the job? Is it because of his religion? Yes, but it's more because he can't do half the damn job in the first place. When people get hired at the company it's not about their personal twist, it's about representing the company. You're following their set of standards for the company and not shaking a woman's hand makes the company look bad. You go to work to work, not to show off who you are or what you believe. You leave that shit at the door and do your fucking job. The retarded conquest for political correctness strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    I would say no, because that person is still trying to show respect by bowing, I believe cultural differences are different to blindly following your religion in a country that is not your own and expecting everyone around you to obey it.
    but the person isnt using the ways of the land they are on to show courtesy as many posters here are pretty much trying to say, is the person trying to dictate their way is better then the swedish way, they are refusing to use the swedish way afterall