Deleted

Computer crashed, weird issue.

Hi,

So something really strange just happened, I was watching a youtube video and my computer just restarted for w/e reason. It was no BSOD, because there was not blue screen or anything, it just restarted.
    I thought that was pretty weird, but when the computer was booting I saw something even more weird. On my system I have disabled the big Windows 7 animation that loads during bootup, so instead of that symbol I have a few dots in the top left corner instead. Where normally there's only like 4-5 dots the entire time, this time the normal dots only appear for 2-3 seconds, after that the an entire line of dots appear, and some of them look misshaped and discolored.
    When this happens the computer sort of freezes on that screen. I noticed that the indicator light on the front of my computer (The one that blinks all the time) stops blinking, and just kind of freezes too. I restarted my computer about 5 times and this stuff kept happening, the 6'th time I just tried pressing all sorts of buttons on my keyboard, and I think I pressed space, when suddenly it left the 'frozen' screen, and loaded windows normally, I have no idea me pressing the keyboard had any effect though.

I hope someone is able to make some sense of this and help me on this matter, I'm kind of scared to even turn off my computer now, not knowing what will happen.

Edit: After a few restarts the problem persists, when I don't touch my keyboard, Windows sort of freezes, but if I press space it loads windows as it should. Uploaded two pictures of what it looks like. Apologies for the huge pictures, don't know how to resize.

How it looks normally.

How it looks now.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2013-05-18 at 05:46 PM.

Can you list your pc specs? To me it looks like graphical problem with maybe the video card or cable but it's hard to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    Can you list your pc specs? To me it looks like graphical problem with maybe the video card or cable but it's hard to say.
    That's what I was thinking too, but I've tested my GPU in several games and tried running Heaven and checking temps and so forth, nothing seems out of the ordinary. My specs are: Asrock z77 Extreme4, i5 2500k, GTX 570 twin frozr

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, but I've tested my GPU in several games and tried running Heaven and checking temps and so forth, nothing seems out of the ordinary. My specs are: Asrock z77 Extreme4, i5 2500k, GTX 570 twin frozr
    Try running memtest86+ 5 passes atleast..

Deleted
    So this is extremely weird, I tried re-enabling the animation and when it started once again it loaded the animation and afterwards it started some sort of repair drive thing. Could it be that the setting 'No gui boot' had somehow restricted this repair thing from happening? Anyway I tried disabling the animation once again, and now there are no problems.

Deleted
    YEa what was probably happening was Windows was stopping loading and giving you some error txt info on the screen, but due to no gui boot the info would be hidden, pressing a button probably moved the thing along.