Going Demo at 506 item level

Guys,

I came back to raiding late and i am only 506 item level while the other guildies are all high geared and I am always fighting to be top 3 and I am starting to get bored from destro in order to try to become top three in every fight where that usually doesn't happen since all of them are equally skilled to me.

Should i go demo which i perceive more fun and can someone tell me if the dps loss to switching to demo too big to have a negative impact on our guild.

Deleted
    Do you have uvls?

nope, only the volatile talisman and the final choice trinket

Deleted
    personally, i wouldnt consider going demo until i got atleast 2pc t15 setbonus and the UVLS lfr+ version but thats just me. it shouldnt impact your raid too much, if you find it more fun then it will most likely be more of a benefit to your guild than staying with a spec you find boring.

Deleted
    Destro would be superior but i doubt you're gimping your too much when going demo

Demonology is a harder spec to play well than Destruction (imo) but if you can play it close to perfectly then it will certainly not be that big of a loss. If you arn't progressing on a heroic boss where it is all about dps and where Destruction would be vastly superior and where it would make or break it completely if you wern't playing Destruction then there should be no problem at all if you play what you prefer.
    As soon as you get a hold of UVLS you are likely to just stick to Demonology for the majority of the fights anyway.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Well Destro is the easy as hell warlock spec currently, well it always has been really. Demo is more complex so the time it would take to learn it and perfect it to the level you currently have destro down pat would result in a week or two of lower DPS numbers. Also raid awareness may slump as you try and maximise your DPS/boss uptimes.

With that in mind, personally, I would go with whatever spec you enjoy the most. All of them are very competative and once you get teh Lie Shen trinket and 2 pT15, demo will more than likely start to out strip Destro in DPS once you get used to the new play style the Lie Shen trinket requires you to take (I can't remember it's name today for some reason). If you don't have those things (trinket and tier 2p) then destro will more than likely be outputting more DPS than demo played at similar skill levels but to find out really you would have to simcraft yourself with optimized reforges/gems for each spec to get a better idea.

I personally have hated destro since early Uld and now only play it to solo warbringers for mounts for myself or lowbie friends and if I do a proper raids in normal or above levels, sadly I no longer have the time so not really an option anymore.

Just my 2 cents

Demo is a good spec, UVLS makes it a great spec IF the lock can do their part. If they just play demo with a "priority" type mindset they will not do as well. Demo makes its living stacking cooldowns. UVLS makes it cooldown stacking with random proc reactivity. Demo also gains quite a bit from the legendary meta again IF you do your part using the imp glyph with haste procs.

If you are min/maxing I'd say stay destro. If you are doing this for farm content then try demo. One side benefit of going demo now is that you will be more competant at it once you do get a UVLS. Frankly once you do there is little reason to play anything else on most fights since its simply so strong. Its up to you...play what you enjoy. If you are playing HC then play what your raid needs to get the job done.

I don't want to start this kind of conversation here but I have to comment... Why do you find demo so much harder than destro?