Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8345

Obtain the Hearthsteed from the Hearthstone promotion.

Unless there is a promotion prior to the beta, then that is the reward.
    That's pretty much exactly what I just said, so feel free to keep restating it if you insist. The point is we don't know for sure until it actually launches, but it looks likely it's the "special reward" mentioned in the FAQ.

Not gonna say it three more times.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can agree that the promotion is most likely going to work this way, and that the mount will come form it, but Blizz has yet to confirm it. Plans change sometimes.

What's more important, and interesting, is IF this is all true, then you can bet your ass that there's going to be an open beta at some point. Blizz wouldn't limit this mount to people who got lucky enough to win entry into the beta.

Deleted
    One of the developers said that the great thing about Hearthstone as a new game, was that once the beta had been going on for long enough and they had all the data they needed, they could just hit the "reset" button and call the game released since everyone was already playing and on the servers.

So by that yes there should absolutely be an open beta at some point before they hit the "reset" button, i can't see why they wouldn't really. If their server can't handle the pressure before the launch why would it be able to after the launch? (and yes i said server, as in a single server, maybe one for each language at max, it's a 2d game after all) most of beta should be about game balance not fixing bugs, glitches etc, and the more data you have for balance the better off you are.

In alpha right now it seems like they are just focusing on the really obvious imbalance, like the latest +5 health to the person going second and such, or changing cards dramatically like we saw in the live-stream to some cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I just said, so feel free to keep restating it if you insist. The point is we don't know for sure until it actually launches, but it looks likely it's the "special reward" mentioned in the FAQ.

Not gonna say it three more times.
    I agree here, I'm still on the side that the mount will be for a CE/Founder style deal.
    I think the thanks for beta testing the payment system will be Hearthstone related (E.g. Achievement, Special Sleeves, Alternate Art or maybe a unique emote) as the Beta testers may have never played WoW.

Deleted
    You have the same CPU, memory and nearly same gfx card as me :O

OT - I hope so, I am at the same stage!

Can i still do something to get into the beta? i love that mount and would like to try out Hearthstone aswell!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Can i still do something to get into the beta? i love that mount and would like to try out Hearthstone aswell!
    All anyone can do it opt-in on their Battle.net beta opt-in page.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    All anyone can do it opt-in on their Battle.net beta opt-in page.
    Didnt realize oyu you had to download a client in order for it to check your hardware, anyway thx !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Didnt realize oyu you had to download a client in order for it to check your hardware, anyway thx !
    actually its no client its program checking your hardware
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!