Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    The recent 1.3 million sub loss says otherwise.



    Subscription numbers.

    Would you rather have a dark knight who raises the dead or talking pandas?



    I think that MOP is a really well-made terrible expansion. IMO, they made the wrong expansion. Hopefully Blizzard make up for it next expansion. I'm actually looking forward to Blizzcon now. I loved TBC and Wrath and am looking forward to a darker expansion that's true to Warcraft's roots.
    age of wushu and lol are what caused the major sub loss, not wow
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    LOL the lore in tbc was god awful. tbc pretty much ruined huge swaths of lore from warcraft 3
    People really care about lore? Blizz added the effect to ignore quest text because they found out no one was reading it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    age of wushu and lol are what caused the major sub loss, not wow
    Clueless much? The facts were already posted about CHina and that market and where the losses came from.

  3. #183
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbeefy117 View Post
    DANCE STUDIO?!
    Let it go, man. That idea has been banished to the Nether along with the moose that Ghostcrawler was going to give us.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah a wonderland filled with lovecraftian horrors and their loyal insect minions, brutal wild tribes whos main fighting style is throwing boiling oil on their enemies then setting them on fire, or a race of beings created by the titans to fight the old gods who believe that its their right to enslave the world, and not to mention the war we brought to their land or not to mention the secret military shado pan who train all their lives in order to block out emotion and fight with no feeling or that dragon who keeps tellling us were all gonna die because we cant manage to get our shit together and that the world will be drenched in blood if we dont sort this out before demons come and kill all of us.

    nope pandaria is all just hozen beach parties and virmen saying "you no take carrot you take turnip instead"

    mists of pandaria is one of the darkest and perhaps most important in the grand scale of the story so far.
    Oh look, the cuddly brightly colored talking kung fu pandas are killing things.

    Sorry, I just can't take that seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    age of wushu and lol are what caused the major sub loss, not wow
    MOP is also terrible.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Subscription numbers.

    Would you rather have a dark knight who raises the dead or talking pandas?
    To be completely honest, numbers mean nothing in the gaming world. Just take a look at a game like Call of Duty. It's selling more and more each game but it's still a pile of crap each time (I think most can agree on that). Sure it's not a mmo so it's different, but you can still make similarities.

    Idk if I would want a dark knight or a talking panda, would you like talking midget wolves/murlocs or manifestation of evil?
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Let it go, man. That idea has been banished to the Nether along with the moose that Ghostcrawler was going to give us.
    Hello Kitty Adventure probably has it, there ya go lol.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    age of wushu and lol are what caused the major sub loss, not wow
    Even this was the case it would still be WOW's inability to compete with each title that was the cause of the sub losses.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    To be completely honest, numbers mean nothing in the gaming world. Just take a look at a game like Call of Duty. It's selling more and more each game but it's still a pile of crap each time (I think most can agree on that). Sure it's not a mmo so it's different, but you can still make similarities.

    Idk if I would want a dark knight or a talking panda, would you like talking midget wolves/murlocs or manifestation of evil?
    Nbcnews Interview by Coo Paul Sams:And Sams pointed out that many of the people on the "Titan" team are the people who built "WoW." But with those employees being shifted over to "Titan" and so much focus being heaped on the forthcoming game, does this mean Blizzard plans to back away from supporting "WoW"?

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    For starters, Sams said that "Titan" is Blizzard's most ambitious project to date — which must be pretty ambitious considering this is the company that brought us not only "WoW," but the international hits "StarCraft" and "Diablo."

    And speaking of "WoW," Sams said he expects "Titan" to eclipse "World of Warcraft" (a game that currently boasts more than 12 million subscribers), and added that they expect the game's reach to be "greater than anything that we've done before."

    "We think that it's going to be very impactful in our industry and, we hope, very impactful to the world," Sams said. "The thing that we hope will happen is that it will not stop 'World of Warcraft' but we believe will eclipse it."

    And Sams pointed out that many of the people on the "Titan" team are the people who built "WoW." But with those employees being shifted over to "Titan" and so much focus being heaped on the forthcoming game, does this mean Blizzard plans to back away from supporting "WoW"?
    please tell where blizzard ever said it would eclipse wow? blizzard has only said that they will run concurrently and that they will never stop making expansions for wow until it is nolonger profitable.

    rob pardo and all the gang from wows early days have been working on wow again since mists. and since titan is most likely to be free to play i doubt it will "eclipse" wow in terms of money making since wow is one of the most profitable games in the world
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  10. #190
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    LOL the lore in tbc was god awful. tbc pretty much ruined huge swaths of lore from warcraft 3
    I guess im not even really talking about lore when i mention tbc. Its the setting man. I love Pandaria and think its beautiful, but there's nothing like killing demons on another world.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    please tell where blizzard ever said it would eclipse wow? blizzard has only said that they will run concurrently and that they will never stop making expansions for wow until it is nolonger profitable.

    rob pardo and all the gang from wows early days have been working on wow again since mists. and since titan is most likely to be free to play i doubt it will "eclipse" wow in terms of money making since wow is one of the most profitable games in the world
    Those are quotes not opinions from Paul Sams Coo of Blizzard.

    What reality do you live in? Titan is going to be a E-sport and you are saying free to play, you ever play Wow?

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    And speaking of "WoW," Sams said he expects "Titan" to eclipse "World of Warcraft" (a game that currently boasts more than 12 million subscribers), and added that they expect the game's reach to be "greater than anything that we've done before."
    Well that's a lot of writing, lets start with this.
    Where did it say Sams expects Titan to eclipse WoW? I don't recall ever seeing that.

    And forgive me for asking but Sam who? The drawer?
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    People really care about lore? Blizz added the effect to ignore quest text because they found out no one was reading it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 10:49 PM ----------



    Clueless much? The facts were already posted about CHina and that market and where the losses came from.
    i was talking about china.... age of wushu is a free to play mmo which recently released in china and is one of the most popular free to play mmos over there and is endorsed by many chinese celebrities like jet li
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #194
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Oh look, the cuddly brightly colored talking kung fu pandas are killing things.

    Sorry, I just can't take that seriously.



    MOP is also terrible.
    Oh look, a fantasy universe that does not need to take itself completely seriously all the time. Why should this even bother anyone?

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well that's a lot of writing, lets start with this.
    Where did it say Sams expects Titan to eclipse WoW? I don't recall ever seeing that.

    And forgive me for asking but Sam who? The drawer?
    Pauls Sams,COO for Blizzard.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Pauls Sams,COO for Blizzard.
    Never heard of this name until now. O-o I'll look him up.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i was talking about china.... age of wushu is a free to play mmo which recently released in china and is one of the most popular free to play mmos over there and is endorsed by many chinese celebrities like jet li
    But WOW has happily existed along side Fantasy Westward Journey and Westward Journey II which are both larger and operated by Netease why has Age of Wushu suddenly taken subs?

  18. #198
    Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    4,905
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Hello Kitty Adventure probably has it, there ya go lol.
    No, I just found weirdly shaped kittens there, and I believe I saw one with glued on horns... Anyway, no moose there.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Those are quotes not opinions from Paul Sams Coo of Blizzard.

    What reality do you live in? Titan is going to be a E-sport and you are saying free to play, you ever play Wow?
    blizzard has never mentioned titan being an e-sport ever the only place this was ever mentioned was in fake leaked info that the poster of the leak admitted was false.

    in 2012 blizzard was looking for someone to hire that had experience in putting ingame ads into a new mmo, they have also talked about possible connecting it to facebook in someway, and have been quoted as calling titan a "drop in drop out very casual style game"

    all signs point to titan being free to play from what we know and very casual
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #200
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    MOP was a terrible expansion. I doubt that the devs even enjoyed making it.

    Pandas in Wonderland!
    Ah Garian, I was wondering when you'd show up to find an opportunity to bash Mists further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •