Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Hopefully there's at least a Lil Garrosh.
    I'd buy that off the Blizz Store. As long as it came with a Lil' Gorehowl, and a Lil' Goblin Skull Throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  2. #222
    Mechagnome Ickabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The place with the thing.
    Posts
    548
    People complain that the current pace of things doesn't allow them to stop and play alts or whatever they do during long lulls between content. Eight months between SoO and expansion 5 will be perfect for that. Plenty of time to farm raids for metas, mounts and to get alts geared. I see no problem here.
    Follow me on Twitter!

  3. #223
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    People complain that the current pace of things doesn't allow them to stop and play alts or whatever they do during long lulls between content. Eight months between SoO and expansion 5 will be perfect for that. Plenty of time to farm raids for metas, mounts and to get alts geared. I see no problem here.
    8 months? They've said they intend to get content out faster, so wouldn't 8 months be going against that? The problem with the end of wrath was that entire years stint of having nothing to do, and it killed a lot of guilds in the process.

  4. #224
    Bloodsail Admiral SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    1,137
    challenge mode raids scaled to 10/25 difficulty with possibility of heroic modes for Vanilla/BC/WOTLK raids (like... lets say Rag's heroic mode would have Majordomo helping Rag instead of Rag killing him, requiring tanks to swap between Rag and Domo)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    3DS FC 0920-0769-4582 Trainer: SinR. Safari: Water. Wartortle/Octillery/Frogadier

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I had Beta. Now I has WOD. Woo

  5. #225
    With regards to the "big new feature" I honestly don't have a clue. >.< But, with Blizzard's infatuation with incorporating addons into the game, the love of running old content amongst players, and the fact Blizzard is adding a quasi-internet browser into the game, it wouldn't surprise me if the new feature was some type of system for finding crossrealm groups in-game. Probably a long shot, but that's my guess, and nothing more. Hopefully it's something much more groundbreaking than that though.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    But WOW has happily existed along side Fantasy Westward Journey and Westward Journey II which are both larger and operated by Netease why has Age of Wushu suddenly taken subs?
    Because AOW is being heavily promoted through social media. It had 20M players shortly after launch. They did a HUGE marketing thing in internet cafes.

    I am a slight wow fanboy, but you have to be realistic about AOW. think about it from the perspective of a chinese player. 1. It is made by a chinese company 2. It is the same quality as WOW 3. It is completely free2play (for now) 4. it is being promoted everywhere and by chinese celebrities.

    Everyone knew that half of those 12M subscribers WOW had in WOTLK were from China.. Unless AOW makes some major blunders in China, it is likely that WOW will lose almost all of them. WOW is fun, but old...and really the only reason it has survived this long is because games like Warhammer, AOC, SWTOR and all the others sucked really bad, and even as f2p games are not worth playing compared to the quality of WOW for $15. In China, it is different now, not only is there a quality f2p game, but there is some patriotism involved with it.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont know, maybe you should ask netease who runs wow in china why they dont reach out to celebrities over there?

    all i know is that age of wushu is endorsed by multiple chinese celebrities and jet li is currently the "face" of age of wushu and its main spokesperson and that chinese born celebrities have a huge sway over public opinion over there that combined with the fact that its free and wow isnt makes for an appealing game to chinese players.

    also age of wushu isnt the only culprit, lol is becoming huge over there as well among the hardcore cafe players
    WOW China is run in partnership by Blizzard and Netease, they have the same ability to approach and sign Chinese celebrities as the makers of AOW, if as you say the Chinese are gullible enough to buy into a product based on an advertisement from a celebrity surely this is a major oversight on Blizzard/Netease's part? Actually thinking about it, it is probably better that Blizzard are not involved in hiring anyone for a Chinese advertising campaign after all they cannot even hire Chinese voice actors for a Chinese inspired expansion.

  8. #228
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,023
    I <3 blizzards new patch policy, let's hope it finds it way to expansions too so we don't have a year gap in between the last patch and release :P

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So why doesn't WOW have this good marketing campaign? People will always rush to check out a new product and it remains to be seen whether AOW will keep hold of all of those players but it still does not change the fact that people are turning their backs on WOW in the millions.
    IT IS FREE!!! IT IS FROM A CHINESE COMPANY!! IT IS FREE!!

    Not to mention it is advertised everywhere. There is no telling how long it will last, probably permanently since I hear that it is a rock-solid game in China ( EU has issues with translations and the company it partnered with), but at least in China, I hear that it has the same quality as WOW.. and... IT IS FREE.

  10. #230
    I wonder if the new feature is them adding Open Raid to the game core.

    If not then it better be something to deal with low realm populations like "Hey everyone we are getting rid of server names and giving everyone last names. Your last name will allow us to merge servers and have 12 Battle Groups of people. Please stop unsubbing because your realm is dead and come back. - Blizzard"
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    New Feature:

    I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.

    However, it is a option that can be toggled on your Portrait Menu, so that those interested in Mount Farming / Pet Farming / Solo Raiding can still do that, but those wishing to go back and experience to a degree what The Black Temple was like at level 70, then they can! No need for Legacy Servers, as we'll be able to go do the old raids as they were designed then, at the appropriate level and ilevel.
    I hope not. I see no large player base value in this at all.

  12. #232
    Titan Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    11,023
    I can't really see what new big feature it would be...but then again i can't imagine wow without lfg/ lfr now and i didn't desire them before they were released :P

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    IT IS FREE!!! IT IS FROM A CHINESE COMPANY!! IT IS FREE!!

    Not to mention it is advertised everywhere. There is no telling how long it will last, probably permanently since I hear that it is a rock-solid game in China ( EU has issues with translations and the company it partnered with), but at least in China, I hear that it has the same quality as WOW.. and... IT IS FREE.
    Netease is also a Chinese company that operates several MMOs at least two of which are bigger than WOW neither seem to be affected by AOW on the same scale as WOW. There has been Chinese players posting here telling us about the problems with WOW in China and you choose to completely ignore them and point to something else entirely.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oWUqfAZH2J8

    Here's some bullet points from the interview:

    -There will probably be less new pets in 5.4 compared to other MoP patches.
    -The "Big Unannounced Feature" is releasing with 5.4.
    could balanced classes finally be coming? *crosses fingers*
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Just your opinion. The only reason I (and thousands, if not millions) of others play this game is for the raiding content. MoP has been the best expansion ever for raiding (my opinion). Actually, 2nd best. TBC is still the best to me (minus the disaster that was Hyjal).

    WoW loses subs because it is old as hell. No game in the history of gaming has kept a playerbase as strong as WoW has for this many years. It is unreal how many people continue to give Blizzard money every month to play with so many other options available. I doubt we will ever see a Phenomenon like WoW ever again.
    raiding and pve at all in cata / mop was just bullshit, a piece of shit that completely ruined this game, one of the reasons i stopped playing,
    that the total noobs can see same content in their bambino-easymode version so nolife players have no motivation to do guild hc runs

    world is not big anymore, you sit in one place all day and only using four buttons for pve<>pvp LFR/RDF BGs/arenas

    look at the blizzguy post
    In addition, on the art side, we’re also reintroducing the old world Dungeon Tier 2 armor sets back into the game as rewards for the revamped Barrens content. This enables new players to collect some of the older gear sets for Transmogrification without having to go back and farm the old world dungeons
    no words for that, later in 100lvl expansion they will make an insta-complete quest that gives Shadowmoune, because people are too lazy to TELEPORT to northrend, not saying about ICC farm



    now when im gearing my rogue on TBC private, damn its just different game
    Last edited by Milerks; 2013-05-19 at 12:01 AM.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Netease is also a Chinese company that operates several MMOs at least two of which are bigger than WOW neither seem to be affected by AOW on the same scale as WOW. There has been Chinese players posting here telling us about the problems with WOW in China and you choose to completely ignore them and point to something else entirely.
    so you don´t think a new MMO that gains 20M players in a few months, is promoted in internet cafe´s by chinese celebrities has anything to do with it?

    WOW is finished in China... The same way it would be finished in the USA if a high quality f2P game was ever released here. Even if a f2p game was 95% as good as WOW it would kill WOW in the USA.

    Of course WOW has problems in China, WOW has problems in the USA.. you think a few chinese players posting about ´problems with wow in china´ is any more significant than the threads we get here from USA players complaining about different things?

    The biggest difference between China and the USA right now is that China has a viable WOW alternative, and it is free. WOW is going to die in China, there is nothing they can do to fix it. No doubt in my mind that within a year, WOW will be down to 6M players.

    There is just no reason for a Chinese player to pay to play WOW when they have a free alternative, that is new and hyped.. and made in China.

    But you are missing the point entirely. MoP was not a bad expansion.. it had nothing to do with the sub losses.. Revenues and earnings are still great for Blizzard. What you are seeing is people who paid almost no money to blizzard, no longer being counted as ´subscribers´. Everyone knew that when Blizzard announced 12M subscribers that it was a semi-inflated number because of the low-paying subscribers in China. Now those guys are leaving... and while the ´subscribers´ numbers are plummeting.. reveunes and earnings are not. ATVI beat earnings expectations, it increased revenues (unless you play funky math with box sales).

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post

    now when im gearing my rogue on TBC private, damn its just different game
    Been there done that, no one wants TBC anymore people who talk about it like you are just nostalgic and retarded the game was broken as hell then, wow is in a much better place than it was then. btw if you haven't done Throne of thunder heroic modes yet you have no room to speak, it's an AMAZING raiding tier.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    WOW China is run in partnership by Blizzard and Netease, they have the same ability to approach and sign Chinese celebrities as the makers of AOW, if as you say the Chinese are gullible enough to buy into a product based on an advertisement from a celebrity surely this is a major oversight on Blizzard/Netease's part? Actually thinking about it, it is probably better that Blizzard are not involved in hiring anyone for a Chinese advertising campaign after all they cannot even hire Chinese voice actors for a Chinese inspired expansion.
    alot of the voice actors for the pandaren and mogu are chinese born
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    so you don´t think a new MMO that gains 20M players in a few months, is promoted in internet cafe´s by chinese celebrities has anything to do with it?

    WOW is finished in China... The same way it would be finished in the USA if a high quality f2P game was ever released here. Even if a f2p game was 95% as good as WOW it would kill WOW in the USA.

    Of course WOW has problems in China, WOW has problems in the USA.. you think a few chinese players posting about ´problems with wow in china´ is any more significant than the threads we get here from USA players complaining about different things?

    The biggest difference between China and the USA right now is that China has a viable WOW alternative, and it is free. WOW is going to die in China, there is nothing they can do to fix it. No doubt in my mind that within a year, WOW will be down to 6M players.

    There is just no reason for a Chinese player to pay to play WOW when they have a free alternative, that is new and hyped.. and made in China.

    But you are missing the point entirely. MoP was not a bad expansion.. it had nothing to do with the sub losses.. Revenues and earnings are still great for Blizzard. What you are seeing is people who paid almost no money to blizzard, no longer being counted as ´subscribers´. Everyone knew that when Blizzard announced 12M subscribers that it was a semi-inflated number because of the low-paying subscribers in China. Now those guys are leaving... and while the ´subscribers´ numbers are plummeting.. reveunes and earnings are not. ATVI beat earnings expectations, it increased revenues (unless you play funky math with box sales).
    WOW has survived along side many other MMOs in China ever since it was released, either AOW is absolutely amazing or there are problems with WOW itself.

    I think when Chinese players are posting that the expansion that represents their culture is a horrible Western stereotype then yes I believe what they are saying.

    Almost one million people came back to WOW for MOP with three months half of them had gone and further three months on not only had all them gone another eight hundred thousand have left. That is not the mark of a good expansion!

    As I have already posted non-GAAP revenue was $22 million down like for like for Q1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    alot of the voice actors for the pandaren and mogu are chinese born
    They are? Perhaps you should tell the Chinese people that have posted that the Pandaren speak with a Japanese accent as it would appear they cannot tell the difference.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-19 at 12:25 AM.

  20. #240
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so basically you are taking opinion over what blizzard themselves have said?

    starcraft and blizzard all stars will be their esport. not their new mmo.

    whenever blizzard talks about esports they are always talking about starcraft and all stars because guess what are the two popular genres of esports? rts games and mobas.


    Yep, and up next is a blizzard universe fighting game.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •