Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not too surprised, with how things are going in MoP I would of been very surprised if it took then more then a month or two to get 5.4 on the PTR after 5.3 was live.

Unless Blizzard makes a very sudden announcement, it'll be interesting to have the final chapter of an expansion all laid out before we know for sure what the next expansion will be. While I have a feeling a pre-BlizzCon announcement of Expansion 5 is within the realm of possibility due to the timing of everything (or at least more so then it has with previous expansions), we'll probably know a big announcement is coming at least a few weeks in advance.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Keep in mind stats like mastery didn't exist until cata. And mastery is the reason level 80s were able to solo level 80 and level 90 content.
    I don't think it was mastery that allowed level 80's solo level 90 content. It was the level 80 i409 gear and uncapped vengeance.

A single piece of gear has enough crit to give a level 80 almost 10% crit.

The gear problem would be fixed by just scaling the ilvl of the gear down. The vengeance problem was already fixed by capping it at max health.

While the raids would be exactly the same, they would still be much more difficult then they are now. As long as the raids require a full 10 or 25 person group and some knowledge of mechanics I will be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    ..Lol. Oh man, the smell of rotten fish is going to be heavy in the air if people cant solo the older raids for fun. People are going to want his blood and removal from the game, on levels he's never seen before if this is non-opt-out. This instead of new character models? He must just want WoW to die a horrible death. People use Old Raids for Tmog runs. Remove the inability to raid it solo and people will NOT raid them. But I suppose he wants all the classic stuff to be trashed before he's trashed for turning a multi-million dollar game into a sub-par Shrimp-Boat.
    Pretty sure its going to be completely optional. Their idea is that there are 25 levels of raiding content that is being completely ignored because everyone is too high. If you could have level 70 raids again with 25 players it would bring back some of the feeling the old raids had without just blitzing through it at max level.

Personally I can't fucking wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.

But, yes, I'm not surprised we'll be seeing it so soon after 5.3's launch, as far as we can gather from previous Blizzard statements, 5.4 should be out before the end of summer.
    I also have a feeling once 5.4 is launched and Blizzcon has announced the new expansion Closed Beta will start up, I think they are going in a path to keep the game new and to make it less like Cataclysm where we waited and waited for a dragged out expansion to finally end

Crossrealm Arena Teams
    Crossrealm Guilds

Wonder if this will get implemented, it will affect every player and will drastically change(improve imo) the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm glad to hear they're staying on schedule with the fast raids. The key will be whether they can release the next expansion in a timely manner now. 6-7 Months after the release of 5.4 at most to keep people interested. Preferably more in the 5-6 months mark.
    I agree but there are those who would prefer the raids to be out for a lot longer than that like ICC and DS were. Personally I can't understand that.

imo worst idea eve

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    New Feature:

I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.

However, it is a option that can be toggled on your Portrait Menu, so that those interested in Mount Farming / Pet Farming / Solo Raiding can still do that, but those wishing to go back and experience to a degree what The Black Temple was like at level 70, then they can! No need for Legacy Servers, as we'll be able to go do the old raids as they were designed then, at the appropriate level and ilevel.

Sorry sir , but imo this feels like the worst idea ever , doing old content the way it "used" to be its dumb , thats the same thing as re-working zones , what the game in my opinion it will be something new , i hope .

downward scaling might sound like a cool idea but i have to say that lots of things have changed since classic, for a small example, potion cds, potion stacking, buffs in general, and most classes spammed the same 3 buttons over and over, healing with my priest was renew, flash heal, wand wand wand wand wand, repeat. it really wouldn't challenge anyone at this stage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Blizzard themselves said, it would be a feature that wouldn't be on the scale of LFR / LFG, and some people might think: "Is that it?"
    Yep, remember this when they announce it, don't get overhyped. Just watch the interview to get a sense of the scale it will have "the big new feature...? .... Oh yeah, we are super excited about it!"

It will probably be a little nice feature that will stay there through expansions, but it won't be that big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its being able to down level your character (with gear scaling) so you can do level 60 MC raids etc. Its been hinted at for a while and in an interview GC made it was almost screamed into the mic.
    If that really is it then I don't think a lot of people will be disappointed because the community hasn't changed. Since BC you always needed to have very good gear in order to get into a PUG raid or dungeon. With LFD and LFR they "fixed" that problem because it's so easy now that people doesn't demand insane item requirements to join the raid. But when looking at normal mode raids it's again minimum of ilvl490 for T14 and ilvl510 (or even 520) for T15.

With easy mode old raids it's already hard to find people who want to do them and I can't imagine that a lot of people will want to run "hard" mode old raids for nothing but fun.

Also downscaling and mentoring aren't the only topics they talked about but one other reappearing topic is "other players of same faction shouldn't be my enemy". GC already talked about rare mobs and questing where people see other players as their enemies that try to take away their mobs and loot. Especially in new areas and low level areas that's a problem and they already tried to address it by making important quest mobs and some rares count for everyone. I could see some refinements in that direction with dynamic grouping like in Warhammer Online or something like in Guild Wars 2 from which the whole community would benefit. They could exclude rare mobs that have the chance to drop mounts or pets so that these things stay exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Yep, remember this when they announce it, don't get overhyped. Just watch the interview to get a sense of the scale it will have "the big new feature...? .... Oh yeah, we are super excited about it!"

It will probably be a little nice feature that will stay there through expansions, but it won't be that big deal.
    Honestly I wouldn't expect too much with the recent sub losses if it was a major feature that is going to be really popular they would not be keeping quiet about what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't expect too much with the recent sub losses if it was a major feature that is going to be really popular they would not be keeping quiet about what it is.
    WoW is not desperate for new customers. The Asian market just isn't working out but there's nothing they can do other than going F2P to make it work.

The rest of the player base is pretty stable.

Anyway I expect the new PTR to be up no more than 2 weeks after 5.3 drops. Maybe even the same week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Challenge mode raids. You heard it here first.
    yeah right - 3 difficulties for the same raid is not enough gives us more epennis!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.
    ask that again when you wait for a year after 5.4 for the next exp

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    downward scaling might sound like a cool idea but i have to say that lots of things have changed since classic, for a small example, potion cds, potion stacking, buffs in general, and most classes spammed the same 3 buttons over and over, healing with my priest was renew, flash heal, wand wand wand wand wand, repeat. it really wouldn't challenge anyone at this stage.
    It could be challenging if we get scaled down slightly under the item level required for the particular raid or even more than slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the people saying "The 5.4 PTR is comming 2 weeks after 5.3 comes out" are insane... Blizzard will take it's time to make a better patch, they will not rush for creating content. 5.4 will be a badass patch IMO and it will not be the last raiding tier, they just can't forget about live servers and only focus on the new expansion beta as what happened with Cataclysm and almost 8 months without content (was it almost 8 months? oh well...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.

But, yes, I'm not surprised we'll be seeing it so soon after 5.3's launch, as far as we can gather from previous Blizzard statements, 5.4 should be out before the end of summer.
    hahah you're not the only one who is very curious what the feature is, considering they said it will rival raid finder, it must be something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It is, I know. But if Blizzard slowed down on pets I won't complain.
    The sad thing is people would complain if we got less pets.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Close, tis will be mentoring System allowing for you to adjust Level as well as Item Level!
    I pray to god you are right. EQ2 has had that sort of a system for years and I think it would fill a lot of gaps in Wow if we were to get a similar system especially when it comes to friends lvling together who may not necessarily be close in lvl.

Deleted
    Big Unannounced Feature
    > LINKED AH'S/battlegroups (if battlegroups are stilla thing)
    or
    > LFoR (LF old Raids)
    or
    > the start of waves of new character models (dubt it, would prolly be selling point next expac or sumthing)
    or
    > idunno

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Not surprising seeing 5.4, if going with how long T14 lasted, should arrive like late August/early September or something.

Fewer pets? Fair I guess, though they did say at one point they might introduce the first epic pet, so...
    The new feature is coming? Awesome, looking forward to see what it is. =)

Bet we can see the PTR in a few weeks.
    Whatever the new feature is expect a whole lot of whining about it here from people who probably asked for it in the first place. The only thing worse than Blizzard not giving players what they want is actually giving them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post

The rest of the player base is pretty stable.

Anyway I expect the new PTR to be up no more than 2 weeks after 5.3 drops. Maybe even the same week.

How do you know the rest of the player base is stable? I missed this info.

And, the PTR's in this expansion have been made available about a month later than the previous patch. There is nothing to indicate 5.4 PTR is coming sooner.