Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.
    Why would the expansion be out at the end of the year? Good god people how many times does it need to be said Blizzard is on a 18 month expansion development cycle now for it to finally sink in? 5.4 won't be until September at the EARLIEST which puts the expansion in spring of 2014. I honest to god don't get the problem in that. Are players going to actually start whining that we aren't getting a year of no content?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    yeah right - 3 difficulties for the same raid is not enough gives us more epennis!

ask that again when you wait for a year after 5.4 for the next exp

I too think things are going too quickly, and don't mind the year wait between the last patch to the new new expansion. Of course my attention span is more than a gnat and can always find something to do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Hope not, I don't see many people using this feature at all. I know I wouldn't. How do you think it would improve the gaming experience?
    If Blizzard were to implement something like that I would assume they would give players a reason to do it such as transmog items or pets or other vanity things.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Patch 5.5 and 5.6? If i remember correctly, no one said that MoP will have only 3 raid tiers.
    This is borderline trolling. Blizzard flat out said Siege of Org was the last raid of Mop. Please stop with the 5.6+ patch nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are thinking about this all the wrong way. If it is level scaling, then it wont be just for raids. It could be used to go to a zone where your friend is say a level 25 zone, and level with him while getting decent xp. Also it would allow people to do stuff like the scenarios from MoP, and dragonsoul lfr next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    While I feel like I'm already mostly done with 5.2, (PvE-wise anyway) I do feel releasing 5.4 before Q4 (or very late Q3) would be too early.

Sure the huge gaps in the past (looking at ICC and DS mostly) have been a bit too long for comfort, but at this rate I'm starting to think it may be a slightly too fast.
    Why is it too early? Are you joking? You want tier 14 to go on for nearly a year? Really? Why? I'm probably rather jaded but I wouldn't be surprised if I dug around in your post history to find you bitching Blizzard out for having raid patches last longer than 6 months. It's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    hahah you're not the only one who is very curious what the feature is, considering they said it will rival raid finder, it must be something big.
    Im almost positive they never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Keep in mind stats like mastery didn't exist until cata. And mastery is the reason level 80s were able to solo level 80 and level 90 content. Also, hunters don't use mana anymore and armor pen is gone as well as a massive list of other buffs and debuffs. And I don't think it would be simple to remove mastery on all pre-85 raids as specs that stack mastery, like arcane mages, would be completely useless.

If this is the new feature they plan to release I think it will be pointless because the old raids with the current class mechanics will never give the feeling that the game had in previous iterations. And at that point you might as well just solo it at 90.

Also, saying this will be just as good as legacy realms is like saying megablocks are just as good as lego. No it fucking isn't.
    Because if Blizzard were to implement this they would start and stop with character scaling and call it a day. Right. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I'm glad to hear they're staying on schedule with the fast raids. The key will be whether they can release the next expansion in a timely manner now. 6-7 Months after the release of 5.4 at most to keep people interested. Preferably more in the 5-6 months mark.
    Exactly my thoughts. In my opinion, the problem WOW had was never the time between patches, it was always the time after the last patch until the new expansion.

For the unannounced feature, my money is on some sort of scaling. Optional scaling for lower level instances.

They've used low level battlegrounds and challenge modes as a test bed (for the function itself rather than peoples interests) and they think it'll give people more things to do. I... can't see it being useful at all though. So will be disappointed.

Glad to see patches coming faster, but it's a little too fast for my guild :P

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    New feature will be 1 huge daily hub, where you can (if you want) pick up every daily quest available in the game (old and new) and there will be portals to every continent where the daily quests are, there and back
    Just stop. We haven't gotten a new daily since 5.2 and 5.3 has none. Just shut up already. You won. No more dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anyone complaining about crz is just throwing a hissy fit over someone taking "their" timelost protodrake or "insert other rare thing here"
    Sure, anyone having an opinion that doesn't match yours is clearly "throwing a hissy fit." Because there aren't a million reasons CRZ is awful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    New Feature:

I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.

However, it is a option that can be toggled on your Portrait Menu, so that those interested in Mount Farming / Pet Farming / Solo Raiding can still do that, but those wishing to go back and experience to a degree what The Black Temple was like at level 70, then they can! No need for Legacy Servers, as we'll be able to go do the old raids as they were designed then, at the appropriate level and ilevel.
    This is definitely what the new feature is. I would bet all my gold on it. The only question is if we will be able to queue for it using an LFR type system, or if it will be only for premade groups like challange mode heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because if Blizzard were to implement this they would start and stop with character scaling and call it a day. Right. Whatever.
    It's called power creep. A level 60 today is significantly more powerful than a level 60 from vanilla wearing the exact same gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    I hope for Blizzard's sake the big unannounced Feature isnt a steaming pile of dung like CRZ is, otherwise I foresee another million subs vanishing and Ghostcrawler's resignation being demanded by more players than the 173 page thread already up.
    CRZ is fine. Get the fuck over it already. Oh and the only major outstanding bug with the feature will be fixed completely as of 5.3. I will be waiting with baited breath to find out what the new burning issue with CRZ will be when the last legitimate complaint is finally stamped out for good. The only thing left is the only thing Blizzard has flat out said they don't care about which is people in your mmo isn't a bug it isn't unintended and if it bothers you then you are playing the wrong game.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2013-05-18 at 08:57 PM.

Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.
    My guess is next Expansion is March 2014. If 5.4 comes in September, that gives 6 months... a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oWUqfAZH2J8

Here's some bullet points from the interview:

-There will probably be less new pets in 5.4 compared to other MoP patches.
    -The "Big Unannounced Feature" is releasing with 5.4.
    Looking on Blizzard's track record for this expansion, the big unannounced feature is extremely likely to have to do something either with Pokemon ("pets") or (Kung-Fu) Pandas or in any case something else Asian & anime or manga (e.g. Yu-Gi-Oh).

Pokemon dance studio? Pokemon party battles? Pokemon raids? New customization for Pandas?

Either way, it will probably be something completely uninteresting to someone like me who has unsubbed and is playing other games atm. I would only re-sub for Legacy (Vanilla, TBC or WOTLK) servers.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

I think the new feature is cross realm BoA's.

They've significantly hinted there'll be a 5.5 to completely wrap up the expansion and lead into the next expansion.

Honestly 5.4 will probably be out at the end of July/beginning of August. When Blizzcon comes around, we'll be 2 months into the new raid and they'll show off the next expansion.

They even stated that they're working on a way to bridge the lack of content between one expansion to the next so I wouldn't be surprised if the next expansion was out next March/April.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Hope not, I don't see many people using this feature at all. I know I wouldn't. How do you think it would improve the gaming experience?
    Your response is exactly why I think it is the feature. The devs stated that a lot of players would say ´meh´ when they heard what the new feature is. I don´t think it is a huge new feature as much as it is a feature that was easy for them to add. they already do item scaling with challenge modes, and they do character scaling with low level pvp battlegrounds. So they are just combining two techs they already have. Also, depending on when you started and how hardcore you are, a LOT of people have never seen those early raids, especially the late BC ones.. and running through them with a lvl 90 is completely different.. they aren´t even raids when you do that. I will probably run at least each of the Vanilla and BC raids once to get a feel for the encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    ..Lol. Oh man, the smell of rotten fish is going to be heavy in the air if people cant solo the older raids for fun. People are going to want his blood and removal from the game, on levels he's never seen before if this is non-opt-out. This instead of new character models? He must just want WoW to die a horrible death. People use Old Raids for Tmog runs. Remove the inability to raid it solo and people will NOT raid them. But I suppose he wants all the classic stuff to be trashed before he's trashed for turning a multi-million dollar game into a sub-par Shrimp-Boat.
    Why do you play this game? Seriously? You seem to only stick around to bitch about everything.