Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    My guess is next Expansion is March 2014. If 5.4 comes in September, that gives 6 months... a reasonable amount of time.
    That'd be the quickest gap between the end of an expansion and the beginning of the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Sure, anyone having an opinion that doesn't match yours is clearly "throwing a hissy fit." Because there aren't a million reasons CRZ is awful, right?
    there isnt, nodes are not harder to find, leveling is not harder, the only difference is that occasionaly you will see more people.

there were 2 problems when crz came out, super rare things had more competition and the fishing tournament was broken, both of those have been fixed.

each realm now has their own 3 winners so the fishing tournament is now INSANELY easier with crz. and the rare mobs and pets and whatnot had their spawn rates increased.

so yes everyone is throwing a hissy fit there is nothing wrong with crz it does nothing but let you see more people in a zone and meet more people ive made more friends when crz was released then i ever did before.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Crossrealm Arena Teams
    Crossrealm Guilds

Wonder if this will get implemented, it will affect every player and will drastically change(improve imo) the game.
    Well Blizzard has already said cross realm arena teams are coming "soon" which I take to mean 5.4 since that would be when the new pvp season starts. I do believe cross realm guilds are coming though but I would be shocked if we got them in 5.4.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 05:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I agree but there are those who would prefer the raids to be out for a lot longer than that like ICC and DS were. Personally I can't understand that.
    And? So? They are free to do those raids whenever they want. No one is making them do the new ones when they come out. I'm sorry but after a year of ICC and a nearly a year of DS it is mind boggling to see people say they want that again for tier 15 especially given the endless bitching about lack of new content.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, all was as expected there. I wonder why it'd be on the PTR so fast.... is this new feature something requiring a lot of testing?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    That'd be the quickest gap between the end of an expansion and the beginning of the next.
    Also between Blizzcon and the release. 4 months.

While possible, I'd lean more toward 5-6 months. Or April/May.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't expect too much with the recent sub losses if it was a major feature that is going to be really popular they would not be keeping quiet about what it is.
    Because a new feature that won't be out for months and months is sure to stop the sub loss! Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Even if you did scale down your stats, you wouldn't still be doing the raids the intended way, as base stats/talents/glyphs/spells scaling and whatever have changed so much.
    Yeah, they would probably end up being about as difficult as LFR.. but you couldn´t ignore mechanisms like you can now if you take a lvl 90 into Molten Core. It would still be reasonable difficult and allow you to see fights basically the way they were meant to be done..

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.
    Especially that it wasn't even announced yet.. :? half year release after (possible) announcement? Hardly think so :?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Well Blizzard has already said cross realm arena teams are coming "soon" which I take to mean 5.4 since that would be when the new pvp season starts. I do believe cross realm guilds are coming though but I would be shocked if we got them in 5.4.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 05:05 PM ----------

And? So? They are free to do those raids whenever they want. No one is making them do the new ones when they come out. I'm sorry but after a year of ICC and a nearly a year of DS it is mind boggling to see people say they want that again for tier 15 especially given the endless bitching about lack of new content.
    People need to stop saying it was a year or anything near a year. It was 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    All the people saying "The 5.4 PTR is comming 2 weeks after 5.3 comes out" are insane... Blizzard will take it's time to make a better patch, they will not rush for creating content. 5.4 will be a badass patch IMO and it will not be the last raiding tier, they just can't forget about live servers and only focus on the new expansion beta as what happened with Cataclysm and almost 8 months without content (was it almost 8 months? oh well...)
    They aren't rushing. They started development on these patches months ago months before they normally would. Development for 5.4 is more or less done at this point and now it is all about fine tuning and seeing what players think about it. 5.4 PTR will go up within two weeks of 5.3 going live no ifs ands or buts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    Keep in mind stats like mastery didn't exist until cata. And mastery is the reason level 80s were able to solo level 80 and level 90 content. Also, hunters don't use mana anymore and armor pen is gone as well as a massive list of other buffs and debuffs. And I don't think it would be simple to remove mastery on all pre-85 raids as specs that stack mastery, like arcane mages, would be completely useless.

If this is the new feature they plan to release I think it will be pointless because the old raids with the current class mechanics will never give the feeling that the game had in previous iterations. And at that point you might as well just solo it at 90.

Also, saying this will be just as good as legacy realms is like saying megablocks are just as good as lego. No it fucking isn't.
    Your characters and rotations certainly wouldn´t be the same as they were back in Vanilla, but if your character and gear scaled down to an appropriate level, the raids would still be interesting. You wouldn´t be able to simply ignore mechanisms. You don´t need to guess about it.. you take level 60s right now into MC and they would not completely faceroll it because they have new class mechanisms. While it certainly won´t be pinpoint accurate to how it was back then, you would see the mechanisms of the fight the way they were... stuff that wiped you then will still wipe you. Adds would have to be dealt with etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I too think things are going too quickly, and don't mind the year wait between the last patch to the new new expansion. Of course my attention span is more than a gnat and can always find something to do in the game.
    6 months for a raid tier is too fast? During Cata most people were saying that was too long. I love how no matter what Blizzard does it is always wrong.

Why do you play this game? Seriously? You seem to only stick around to bitch about everything.
    Even though he exaggerated, his concern is quite valid, as people don't want to lose ability to solo old content. In group, you know, you can't go at your own pace, watch pictures on wall, etc.

Btw, is it true that Xanzul is GC in disguise? Funny rumor flying around ))

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Your characters and rotations certainly wouldn´t be the same as they were back in Vanilla, but if your character and gear scaled down to an appropriate level, the raids would still be interesting. You wouldn´t be able to simply ignore mechanisms. You don´t need to guess about it.. you take level 60s right now into MC and they would not completely faceroll it because they have new class mechanisms. While it certainly won´t be pinpoint accurate to how it was back then, you would see the mechanisms of the fight the way they were... stuff that wiped you then will still wipe you. Adds would have to be dealt with etc.
    40 level 60s in MC now would absolutely faceroll it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    People need to stop saying it was a year or anything near a year. It was 8 months.
    I think that nails the problem with DS, and what SoO risks falling into.

There's a point where 8 months starts feeling like a year because you've done it 1000 times.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Sure, anyone having an opinion that doesn't match yours is clearly "throwing a hissy fit." Because there aren't a million reasons CRZ is awful, right?
    People in your mmo isn't a legitimate complaint. People taking "your" node isn't a legitimate complaint. People taking your "rare" isn't a legitimate complaint. Getting disconnected while on a 2 person mount while crossing into a CRZ is a legitimate complaint and thankfully that is being fixed as of 5.3. I'm sorry but the cross realm zone hate brigade is expert at throwing hissy fits about everything and tend to be more interested in having something to bitch about than actually getting anything resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Btw, is it true that Xanzul is GC in disguise? Funny rumor flying around ))
    He does sound like an angry dev or CM that would get fired for talking to people like that on the official forums so he does it here instead. He's got a lot of pent up rage from something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Looking on Blizzard's track record for this expansion, the big unannounced feature is extremely likely to have to do something either with Pokemon ("pets") or (Kung-Fu) Pandas or in any case something else Asian & anime or manga (e.g. Yu-Gi-Oh).

Pokemon dance studio? Pokemon party battles? Pokemon raids? New customization for Pandas?

Either way, it will probably be something completely uninteresting to someone like me who has unsubbed and is playing other games atm. I would only re-sub for Legacy (Vanilla, TBC or WOTLK) servers.
    So basically you are here to bitch and whine about a game you don't even play and probably don't have have the first clue about what it is actually like post Mop.

6 months for a raid tier is too fast? During Cata most people were saying that was too long. I love how no matter what Blizzard does it is always wrong.
    I don't think it's wrong. I don't think anything Blizzard does is necessarily "wrong". It's their game, they can do what they want with it. I don't mind the quickness of the patches thus far, because all I do during the expansion is level my 10 alts. I prefer the long wait between the last raid and the new expansion because it gives me time to finish the current tier with the nerfs (super casual guild) and finally gear up those alts I've been leveling the whole expac.

However I understand that most people are probably not like this, and want new content now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the pace, keep it up blizz .) anyway though, they said that the Siege of Orgrimmar will be the last raid in this expansion, they never inclined it is going to be the last patch. I can imagine them releasing 5.5 few months before the next xpac with maybe some scenarios preparing us for what's next, or even dungeons (god I wish it was new dungeons). If they announce new xpac on Blizzcon and start the beta in the span of 4 weeks from then, than they should be able to release it before the next summer and I can see 5.4 being released in early September - creating another smaller patch (5.5) in lets say - March - would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Eh, all was as expected there. I wonder why it'd be on the PTR so fast.... is this new feature something requiring a lot of testing?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 04:06 PM ----------

Also between Blizzcon and the release. 4 months.

While possible, I'd lean more toward 5-6 months. Or April/May.
    It would be on the PTR "so fast" because this is the new pace Blizzard has on patches. Come on folks this isn't news at this point. Blizzard told us from the get go before Mop even launched that patches would move quickly and we are halfway through the expansion. The surprise at new content is getting a bit old at this point.