99 11.26%
  • Killed

496 56.43%
  • Other (or combination)

58 6.60%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Exile him to Outland, and block up the dark portal with a hundred feet of stone.
    Even better exile him to oshugan crystal temple w/e thing in nagrand.

I am Murloc!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Because Garrosh was a higher rank and the dude respects the chain of command. It wasn't his place, nor is he the person to try and claim glory. His knowledge that he helped the Horde is enough.
    Yet had no qualms about threatning his superior?

I really dont agree when people say that idea. There was one quest where Saurfang under-handedly helps you kill a Necromancer but thats it. And for something like that you would expect it to be mentioned somewhere eh?
    Yet - "Garrosh has since embraced his potential as a strong leader, most notably in Northrend, where he directed the Horde advance through the Borean Tundra and won the hearts of his people."
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Do you mean Ulysses? 'Cause Oedipus was the dude who killed the king and married the queen without realizing the king was his pop and the lady he was banging was dear ol' mom. Hence why Oedipus Complex is used to describe when a male harbors a, erm, unconventional level of affection for his mother (the opposite is Electra Complex, for females and fathers).
    Nah, I was thinking of Sophocles' play, Oedipus at Colonus, in which Oedipus goes into exile after realizing his guilt. He claims he was innocent for his behaviour because he was blind and ignorant, but he remains humbled and muses a lot. I'm sure Garrosh would remain fairly stubborn after the event as well...

Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Nah, I was thinking of Sophocles' play, Oedipus at Colonus, in which Oedipus goes into exile after realizing his guilt. He claims he was innocent for his behaviour because he was blind and ignorant, but he remains humbled and muses a lot. I'm sure Garrosh would remain fairly stubborn after the event as well...
    Oh yeah. Forgot about that play.

Well, if Garrosh does survive and gets exiled, odds are either he'll go even further down the slippery slope and show up as a villain in the future, or he'll seriously re-evaluate everything he believed in and show up later as a surprise ally, spending the rest of his life trying to atone for the atrocities he committed as Warchief (and while he might redeem himself in the player character's eyes, odds are publically he'll still be considered a monster like Gul'dan and Blackhand).

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yet had no qualms about threatning his superior?

I really dont agree when people say that idea. There was one quest where Saurfang under-handedly helps you kill a Necromancer but thats it. And for something like that you would expect it to be mentioned somewhere eh?
    Yet - "Garrosh has since embraced his potential as a strong leader, most notably in Northrend, where he directed the Horde advance through the Borean Tundra and won the hearts of his people."
    Because he was there as a teacher, not just an adviser.

EDIT: actually looking back, Saurfang is technically Garrosh's superior... just not in that specific offensive.

Plus, considering the dialogue that they have, Garrosh would have been lost without Saurfang propping him up. He ignores vital information and simply has a bravado about him that does little to benefit his cause.

Dialogue with Garrosh in Warsong Hold

Saurfang scolds Garrosh Hellscream's impatience and lust for killing, reminding him of their race's history during a strategy conference in Warsong Hold:

Varok Saurfang turns around to speak with Garrosh.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: We are surrounded... Our enemies press in from all sides, young Hellscream.
    Saurfang walks to the central and Borean Tundra portions of the hide map of Northrend on the floor, kneeling to point them out, then walks off the map to stand before Garrosh.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The Scourge descends like locust from the north.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The Alliance holds the only secure shipping lane in this region, and even that is at risk of being lost to those dreaded mists.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our only viable port for resupply is held by the Forsaken on the other side of this blasted continent!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Anything our zeppelins cannot haul must be brought in by ship and travel the length of Northrend to reach us.
    Saurfang walks back to his usual spot.
    Garrosh Hellscream grunts.
    Garrosh walks up to the map and kneels.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Shipping lanes... supplies... You bore me to death! We need nothing more than the warrior spirit of the Horde, Saurfang! Now that we are firmly entrenched in this frozen wasteland, nothing shall stop us!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Siege engines, ammunition, heavy armor... How do you propose to shatter the walls of Icecrown without those?
    Garrosh stands.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Propose? I will show you what I propose!
    Garrosh crushes the figures and flag indicating Valiance Keep on the map.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: There... Now we now have a shipping lane.
    Garrosh crushes the figures and flags indicating Valgarde and Westguard Keep.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: And just for good measure...
    Garrosh walks back to his usual spot.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-05-19 at 04:38 PM.

I am Murloc!
    (and while he might redeem himself in the player character's eyes, odds are publically he'll still be considered a monster like Gul'dan and Blackhand).
    Garrosh and Doomhammer are quite similar, yet Ogrim has a city named after him

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 04:40 PM ----------

Because he was there as a teacher, not just an adviser..
    And yet Garrosh was still the overall leader of the Horde's armies.
    They established fortified hubs throughout Northrend and where pressing ever closer to Icecrown, all under his command
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The only commonality between Garrosh and Doomhammer is that they waged war against the Alliance... Orgrim however prized honor and did not like what the Horde had become. He wanted peace for his people and that meant taking over the entirety of the Eastern Kingdoms.

There's also the little fact that Orgrim attempted to honestly rectify his sins and mistakes. That would be extremely out of character for Garrosh.

And yet Garrosh was still the overall leader of the Horde's armies.
    They established fortified hubs throughout Northrend and where pressing ever closer to Icecrown, all under his command
    Because he was being taught by someone who actually knew combat and how to wage war. Garrosh's tactics by themselves would have seen the Horde falter and die in Northrend.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that play.

Well, if Garrosh does survive and gets exiled, odds are either he'll go even further down the slippery slope and show up as a villain in the future, or he'll seriously re-evaluate everything he believed in and show up later as a surprise ally, spending the rest of his life trying to atone for the atrocities he committed as Warchief (and while he might redeem himself in the player character's eyes, odds are publically he'll still be considered a monster like Gul'dan and Blackhand).
    Most people forget that play. I think having him as a musing penitent would be pretty unlikely really, and the scenarios where he changes tune or remains a villain and makes a reappearance later seems more likely given the setting. But Garrosh does seem a bit schizophrenic at times, I still remember the Stonetalon cata questline where he displays horror and even talks about the value of honour after witnessing Overlord Krom'gar bombing the Druid settlement. Garrosh seems to exist in two mindsets, the bloody minded "doing anything absolutely necessary to win" other times trying to prove himself to be the pupil of Saurfang or Thrall. It lends him some tragedy, but I would be happy enough if he died as well.

I am Murloc!
    He wanted peace for his people and that meant taking over the entirety of the Eastern Kingdoms..
    How is that little different from Garrosh's desire to take over Kalimdor?

Plus Ogrim didnt shy away from using ruthless methods such as Death Knights, or enslaving dragons

How is that little different from Garrosh's desire to take over Kalimdor?

Plus Ogrim didnt shy away from using ruthless methods such as Death Knights, or enslaving dragons
    It's different because the motive is different... for both of your points.

Garrosh wanted Kalimdor to show the Horde is dominant. Orgrim just wanted security.

Garrosh gladly uses terrible, ruthless methods. Orgrim did it to try and ensure Horde victory but he sure as hell didn't like it.

Doomhammer had the benefit of being a pretty chill dude when he visited the Frostwolves and started mentoring Thrall, and it looks like dying in an act of redemption in orcish culture is enough to whitewash some of your less-groovy acts. See: Orgrim's death liberating orcs from an internment camp, Grom dying while slaying Mannoroth, and Kilrogg and Kargath still being generally-revered among the orcs. On the other hand, unrepentant rat bastards like Blackhand, Rend, and Gul'dan really get the stink-eye culturally because for orcs, actions speak louder than words and their actions said 'I don't even give a fuck yo.'

Garrosh's "success" on Northrend is built upon Saurfang Senior and Junior work there. And of the Argent Crusade.

Honestly, the reason why Garrosh gets all the credit is because he is the only top ranked Horde leader to come back from Northrend, because he barely done anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 05:54 PM ----------

Garrosh and Doomhammer are quite similar, yet Ogrim has a city named after him[COLOR="red"]
    Not even close. Doomhammer respected his allies and enemies, Garrosh does not.

In the cases of being exiled and imprisoned, he would have to kill himself if he truly believes in "Lok'tar ogar, victory, or death!"

When it comes to being redeemed, I doubt that can ever happen after all that he has done, and is about to do. Vol'jin would never let him stay in the Horde with his life intact.

At the same time I feel it's a waste to just kill him as well, so much work has gone into him as a character that it would be sad to just kill him. But I don't really see any other way out of it either.

nahhhhhh.......execution or not, i don't care, i would rather see a dark horde after him, but sadly that won't happen.........why must the horde be so hippi? it was cool in wc1+2. After doomhammer the horde is really a collection of pussies. :-/

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Doomhammer slaughtered Lothar by ambushing him with superior numbers, while Lothar was on a diplomatic mission, guess you never played that scenario. That was not a fight, but an execution. Today you see a big Statue of Lothar, who is the guy to honor as he fought to the death in that doomhamer ambush, in the burning steppes. Didn't see much Statues of Doomhammer, maybe point me to one.

After the battle of Crestfall, the remnants of the routed Orcish fleet went south to Azeroth. With the war being all but finished, Lothar's intent during the parley was to accept the unconditional surrender of the Orcish Hordes.[3] Unfortunately, Doomhammer wanted to fight till the end. When Lothar and his troops arrived near Blackrock Spire, they were ambushed by a huge group of orcs and ogres. Lothar fought with courage, but his forces were outnumbered. He was slain by Doomhammer, and only a handful soldiers survived the battle, including the paladin Turalyon, who would since be haunted by survivor's guilt.
    source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Assault_on_Blackrock_Spire

Doomhammer wasn't good or evil... he was brutal. You should have played that game, he wasn't thrall's father or something or anything like Thrall, more like Grom Hellscream, just without the demonic influence, he was against demons and locks, but that does not make him a nice guy.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-19 at 05:16 PM.

kill him, chop of his head and use it as a bowling ball in a new Darkmoon Faire mini game
    A wise man once said: "Does it matter what religion you are?
    we are here to connect each other people in the world ... through MUSIC"

I am Murloc!
    because he barely done anything.
    Being the Overlord that led the Warsong Offesnive hardly counts as doing nothing

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 05:15 PM ----------

They both waged wars of conquest against the Alliance and they both used ruthless tactics, seems similar to me

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Doomhammer slaughtered Lothar by ambushing him with superior numbers, while Lothar was on a diplomatic mission, guess you never played that scenario. That was not a fight, but an execution.
    Retconned in the Tides of Darkness novel. Doomhammer took Lothar on in a duel during the battle, and both their troops kept out of it. Doomhammer killed Lothar, then Turalyon kicked the tar out of Doomhammer with Lothar's broken sword after coming into his own as a paladin (before then he'd been having a minor crisis of faith that limited his effectiveness as a paladin).

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    I want to be able to KILL the endboss for once. JUST THIS ONCE!!

I think he will die but I would like very much like his father against Mannoroth.

Something like this:

After being defeated, the Sha of Pride who was "inside" him shows itself and take down every characters around it (players like heroes).
    Garrosh see this scene, confused and powerless, and the Sha say to him what his pride has made and what he's going to do with his people.
    Realising what all he has done and the threat he has made, Garrosh charges the Sha and, in a hopeless attack, kills the Sha but deadly injured by it.

After that, Thrall gets close of dying Garrosh.
    "Thrall...I...just...want...to...be...like...my...father....."
    "You're exactly like him, Garrosh. Living like a tyrant, dying like a hero."

PS: Sorry for the bad english

I don't care at all which will be his end. Whenever will be, i'll just see how will be portrayed. But i don't have any kind of burning desire to see him end in a way or another.