Poll: What would you do with Garrosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Stop the bad novel retcon defense, finally.
    Your opinion on the novels is irrelevant. Whether it is a retcon or not is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that Blizzard calls the books canon. Doomhammer killing Lothar in 1-on-1 combat is now 100% FACT.

Edit: How did this thread turn into book canon discussion?

Wow are we arguing about Warcraft II canon? This is my kind of thread!

The truth is that the people who hold the copyright can call whatever they want canon, but at the end of the day everyone has their personal headcanon and that's what really matters. I mean, according Lucasarts the fucking HOLIDAY SPECIAL is canon.

I think you could interpret Lothar's death either way, the Horde WAS evil at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, there was none of this crap about the super secret staff the blue dragonflight gave to a random adventurer who witnessed kelec becoming the blue aspect. Twilight of the aspects shows it was Thrall who witnessed it, an actual lore character, not some f**king gnome called 'bubblepants' or 'Tinklewinkle'
    Hey, the true canon wielder of that legendary staff was Gotbeef the Tauren Shaman! Admit it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wow are we arguing about Warcraft II canon? This is my kind of thread!

The truth is that the people who hold the copyright can call whatever they want canon, but at the end of the day everyone has their personal headcanon and that's what really matters. I mean, according Lucasarts the fucking HOLIDAY SPECIAL is canon.

I think you could interpret Lothar's death either way, the Horde WAS evil at the time.

Hey, the true canon wielder of that legendary staff was Gotbeef the Tauren Shaman! Admit it!
    Pretty much this. The official story you will be presented with in game or in other media is what Blizzard sanctions.

Anything else is just fan/head fiction.

As for the in game character vs lore aspect. We are a part of the game but more of a cog in the machine. We're the faceless heroes who go around supporting the main characters. They get all the glory and we get to ready our selves for the next big bad to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And this ladies and gents is the generic response from posters who can't be bothered to read/can't read/can't afford the books to read, and so passes it off as obscure fiction, even when the developers state its not just canon, its how the lore actually happens.

but keep telling yourself otherwise. No, please do.
    And this laides and gents is the generic response from... well, Trassk. Who can't accept that many people who argue with him actually READ the novels and STILL perceive them as bad and lazy retcons. Who can't accept that players actually do their best to follow the obscure fiction, only to realise that one piece of lore can completly contradict another. And who nearly burned a library after a trauma of reading such classics as "Tides of War" or "Circle of Hatred".

but please, continue to offend other people, because they see things differently than you do. No, please do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    Exiled to Tirion's old shack in EPL.
    Rofl. A fate worse than death, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Blizzard said in a Q&A that he isn't corrupted mate.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I saw an article about Garrosh, questioning his being Corrupt. It had some pretty good arguments that sided against it. I'd post the link if it were allowed, though I'm not sure if I am so I won't. The way it is being built up seems to point towards corrupt though. What's your take on it?
    So many Warcraft villains are corrupt or possessed. Garrosh? He's just a bad apple. Everything is a weapon to him. Even the sha.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...5-2-and-Beyond
    Blizzard are well known to hide plot details to keep from spoiling a surprise, misinformation on a key plot point like that is not beyond them either.

Also that quote directly contradicts what they said when they previously first announced Garrosh as the villain for MOP, They specifically said in that early announcement he had "become corrupted" and is doing "dark things under Org".

Now whether they changed their minds due to fan pressure the "oh great the corruption plot device again" thing, I don't know.

Even if they spare him corruption directly it wouldn't surprise me if they simply had a dreadlord whispering in his ear stoking the war.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-05-21 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *pitchforks and torches*

kill kill kill kill kill!
    Yeah, i'd see him dead.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I don't care all that much, though maybe kill just to get a better response from Thrall if he's not killed during SoO, to make him see how big his mistake was of appointing him. And to have a chance at someone else leading the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    And this laides and gents is the generic response from... well, Trassk. Who can't accept that many people who argue with him actually READ the novels and STILL perceive them as bad and lazy retcons. Who can't accept that players actually do their best to follow the obscure fiction, only to realise that one piece of lore can completly contradict another. And who nearly burned a library after a trauma of reading such classics as "Tides of War" or "Circle of Hatred".

but please, continue to offend other people, because they see things differently than you do. No, please do.
    whats a laide?

Oh I can accept when people have difference of opinion. Its just when its so blatantly wrong or misinformed that someone has to correct them.
    #boycottchina

Too bad that Hellscream's legacy ends with this corrupted, evil warmonger. That's the only reason that I hope for redemption. The way that Grom was purged by Thrall after drinking from that pool of demonic water.
    Mother pus bucket!

first he gets exiled to a far away land. while in exile, a strange group of hostiles capture and imprison him. he later escapes, but being weakened he perishes in the wild. an unknowing priest rezzes him and teaches him a better way to live. he then goes on a journey of redemption.

so all of the above

I wish he'll be redeemed.

Not because I want him to be, but because that seems like the outcome that would most irritate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Doomhammer killing Lothar in 1-on-1 combat is now 100% FACT.
    Don't you mean 100% FICTION?

lololol

If I had the money to spare, I'd buy the warcraft IP and do something like retcon the orcs to always have been little pink fairies living inside orc-like homonculi by the hundreds, and I'd turn the entire setting into a giant, extremely explicit erotic series of (mostly) gay adventures involving these tiny elves and their amazing exploits with the other races, only to see people defending my ludicrous changes to the setting as totally reasonable because I'd own the IP so that makes it fine.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2013-05-21 at 02:13 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I'd rather see him killed rather than imprisoned, exiled or redeemed. I'd be pretty annoyed if they spared someone like Garrosh after refusing to to do the same to the likes of Kael'thas, Fandral and Illidan.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed, Sylvanas for Warchief and then an all out attack on the alliance with a huge undead army. Next expansion will be alliance orientated with them recovering and fighting back then the expansion after will be the burning legion attacking Azeroth and destroying both the horde an the alliance, wow ends, done!

Exiled, so he can pull a Medivh at some point. Of course, he's probably going to mutate into some sort of monster mid-raid, so my preferred outcome is...a little unlikely.

It doesn't matter if we think a retcon is good or bad, well thought out or lazy, helpful or detrimental ot the lore overall. It. Is. A. Retcon. Our opinions don't matter. I HATE the draenei are eredar retcon a lot, but I don't argue against it because it's NOT my decision to make. There is nothing lore breaking about Doomhammer facing Lothar 1 on 1. The story in The Last Guardian, Tides of Darkness, and Beyond the Dark Portal is MUCH more interesting than the 'story' presented in WC 2 anyway. The quick blurbs of text followed by a battle. There's hardly even anything there to defend. And so much more is tied into the novels that they cannot simply be dismissed as 'just novels so their lore doesn't matter.' Like the novels or hate them, they're cannon. I don't like that Med'an is Garona and Medivh's son. I don't like the draenei retcon. But it's not my decision to make. These changes are canon regardless of my opinion. You like the old Doomhammer better before they made him into an actual character and canonized his duel with Lothar? Too bad, it's not your decision to make, no matter how much you hate it. Put your big boy pants on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    I'd rather see him killed rather than imprisoned, exiled or redeemed. I'd be pretty annoyed if they spared someone like Garrosh after refusing to to do the same to the likes of Kael'thas, Fandral and Illidan.
    agreed there. Illidan isn't just a favorite of people, he's almost iconic with the warcraft franchise.

When you kill off cool characters liked by so many, it just leaves a blank slate in your product.
    #boycottchina

The only way out for him is death. Even for such a despicable person such as himself, it would be the honorable way to be removed from power... Also, I'm pretty sure his seat of power would have to be taken from his "cold, dead hands."

I want to see him killed, just not in the way that has been done to villains of the past. I want to have him publicly executed to die the death of a criminal. I want to see him shamed and maybe realize what he did was wrong.

Killed with a prison while in exile.