Poll: What would you do with Garrosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Well, think about it. If the poison's strong enough to stop a troll's regeneration, something that may be gifted by the Loa, who bless their shadow hunters moreso than any other troll, Cairne wouldn't have fared much better.
    Maaaaaaybe I'd like to think Cairne would have trucked on no matter what, because he's just that tough.. i still don't like Vol'Jin and feel he's one of the most useless leaders in the game outside of Mechatorque.

I disliked him in WC3 too, (keep in mind I like trolls and I loved Zul'Jin.)

Him getting Warchief will be the Deathknell for the Horde for me that Evil Garrosh started.
    Last edited by Ironscroll; 2013-05-19 at 08:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Icecrown was taken by the Argent Crusade and the Ebon Blade.
    alongside Horde/Alliance troops and heroes

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niuzhu View Post
    Maaaaaaybe I'd like to think Cairne would have trucked on no matter what, because he's just that tough...
    Cairne couldnt even defend himself from the death blow
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    alongside Horde/Alliance troops and heroes
    On the assault, not on the rest of the Icecrown.

It's time for him to get his pink slip. I would much prefer it be drenched in red after he receives it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Off with his head!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Maaaaaaybe I'd like to think Cairne would have trucked on no matter what, because he's just that tough.. i still don't like Vol'Jin and feel he's one of the most useless leaders in the game outside of Mechatorque.

I disliked in in WC3 too, (keep in mind I like trolls and I loved Zul'Jin.)

Him getting Warchief will be the Deathknell for the Horde for me that Evil Garrosh started.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I just like to note that there's lore showing he's a tough son of a bitch. Probably very few other mortals could have withstood that poison, and most of them would be other trolls.

While I'd love to just have Garrosh die at the end of the raid, I feel that just isn't enough for someone like him. He's done horrible things, both to the Alliance and Horde, and I can't help but feel death would be the easy way out.

In my mind, the perfect punishment for him is similar to what happened to Firelord Ozai in Avatar. Instead of killing Garrosh, sever both his hands so he can no longer lift a weapon, than destroy Gorehowl in front of him, shattering what little remains of his moral, honor, and dignity. Finally, imprison him within Ragefire Chasms, or somewhere where he can do no harm to anyone else, and simply let him live out the rest of his days in shame and dishonor before his peers in the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    There's no real mention of preventing future threats in those quotes. There is a lot of "We'll destroy the Alliance!" though.
    This is the Hellscream logic :

-My people starves in the desert, i need resources and a new land;
    -My enemies have these lands and resources, so i need to kick them from there;
    -But while i have to kick them, is clear that they will reorganize and counter-attack, trying to undermine my work and kill my people in attempt of get the lands back;
    -So i need not just to kick them out, but crush them, break their spirit, their will, so that they don't even dare to try anything. In this way they will give up and my people will not have to fear any reprisal.

He wants to "destroy" the Alliance until they will not simply give up and submit, because an Alliance submitted and crushed is no harm to no one.

The problem is that the Alliance don't give up, they don't let their spirits to be broken by violent events like Theramore; and if they are persistent in their defiance, then he have to wipe them out from the planet.

No I'm pretty sure it's just that Vol'Jin is lame and always has been, and for some unknown reason Blizzard is pushing him instead of bringing back Rexxar, or Saurfang. Plus I'd like to see a source for all that mumbo Jumbo you just spewed cause i'm pretty sure that's your imagination making that up. Give me proof and I'll be like wow i was wrong, won't change my opinion mind you but I'll admit i was wrong about that.

If you want a REAL Troll Leader they should resurrect Zul'Jin. Now he was a troll worthy of Warchief.
    Imagination? HAH. Clearly you just played the Scenario without doing the Dominance Offensive quests.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Regeneration_Takes_Time

Not even our dear Zul'jin couldn't have been able to do anything against it without someone saving his Amani ass.

Rexxar is cool but, seriously? He doesn't have that much influence in the Horde, he's just an "occasional badass champion", not someone involved directly in Horde politics. I bet we'll see Saurfang soon but, still, he haven't had any kind of relationship with Garrosh after Northrend, while Vol'jin has been forced to endure all the Garrosh's reign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

-But while i have to kick them, is clear that they will reorganize and counter-attack, trying to undermine my work and kill my people in attempt of get the lands back;
    -So i need not just to kick them out, but crush them, break their spirit, their will, so that they don't even dare to try anything. In this way they will give up and my people will not have to fear any reprisal.

He wants to "destroy" the Alliance until they will not simply give up and submit, because an Alliance submitted and crushed is no harm to no one.

The problem is that the Alliance don't give up, they don't let their spirits to be broken by violent events like Theramore; and if they are persistent in their defiance, then he have to wipe them out from the planet.

Imagination? HAH. Clearly you just played the Scenario without doing the Dominance Offensive quests.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Regeneration_Takes_Time

Not even our dear Zul'jin couldn't have been able to do anything against it without someone saving his Amani ass.

Rexxar is cool but, seriously? He doesn't have that much influence in the Horde, he's just an "occasional badass champion", not someone involved directly in Horde politics. I bet we'll see Saurfang soon but, still, he haven't had any kind of relationship with Garrosh after Northrend, while Vol'jin has been forced to endure all the Garrosh's reign.
    Still I'd Rather have Chen somehow magically become Warchief (actually that would be freaking awesome.) than Vol'Jin.. I really just hate him, always have.

and madgod pointed the quest out for me, and i stated I was wrong. No I have not done my Dominance Offensive quest.. TBH for a player coming back for 5.2 not playing since the opening of Cata the daily quest rep grind is a bit over whelming and I havn't made it to those yet.

But that said Garrosh's actions this expansion already have me wanting a 3rd faction (because I don't want to be Alliance.) so i don't have to be Horde anymore.. but man Vol'Jin get's Warchief.. I'd rather be Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

I disliked him in WC3 too, (keep in mind I like trolls and I loved Zul'Jin.)

I don't think myself too that Vol'jin is the right choice as Warchief, but the problem is that your opinion is not objective at all, you just don't like him because...you have the random feeling that he sucks. The End.

And how can you have disliked him in...WC3? He merely was a presence in that game.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Carine got scratched. Vol'jin got stabbed through the neck...
    Indeed. The whole goal of the poison was to stop the regenaration of an almost-mortal wound.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-19 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

He talks of genocide in one of his quotes, far before the offensive on Theramore even begins. He wants nothing left of the night elves but a "bad memory." He's not about "destroying" the alliance. He's about destroying the alliance.

His speech to the other Horde leaders doesn't focus on the need for resources, nor land. All of those quotes have one thing in common: defeating the Alliance. Again, Horde domination through the destruction of the Alliance is his primary goal.

I'd like you to point to where in those quotes it says that he is PRIMARILY focused on gaining more land as a resource rather than gaining more land as spoils of conquest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    He didn't "civilize"them, he redeemed the broken spirit of his people and re-introduced them to Shamansim after they got hooked on Felblood.
    No he didnt. He civilized them ! Orcs were savages! Who believed in Power and smashing only like Garrosh !! But Thrall showed them another way among Trolls and Tauren ! Thrall is a great Leader any do not appreciate !
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like you to point to where in those quotes it says that he is PRIMARILY focused on gaining more land as opposed to primarily being about destroying the Alliance and getting the land is secondary to that.
    Well you cant conquer new lands without first removing the previous inhabitants
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Hung Drawn and Quartered, But that would be too graphic for wow sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Not stable? If it wasn't for Gul'dan's betrayal Azeroth would be 100% Horde right now. People are quick to dismiss the Old Horde as savages and idiots, but they actually got very close to the total annihilation of the Alliance. Something the new Horde can't begin to imagine.

When you put it like that, the new Horde is quite incompetent.
    No one knows How would situation go if Guldan would side with Horde and not betray them ! Alliance was strong Force, if they (orcs) had taken Alliance by force they wouldnt handle Night Elves by Force as they were too might by then. They have made Burning Legion to retreat. But personally I think Gul'dan Wouldnt help the battle much ! Alliance had Lot of Force in reserve ! like High Elves and Many Many dwaves . It is known That humans fought Orcs against ORcs in many numbers but High Elves didint. High elves had Lands whcih orcs couldnt destroy .
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Well you cant conquer new lands without first removing the previous inhabitants
    The question is whether he's conquering those lands for the land's sake, or he's conquering those lands to destroy the Alliance.

There's very little evidence to the former in those quotes I posted, while there's a lot more to the latter. There's an emphasis on destroying the Alliance in that passage from the book, not an emphasis of needing the land. The way he talks about it, it's just spoils of conquest, rather than the end goal.

IMO, send him back to nagrand with promises to end his life should he ever return. let him live with the shame of what he has done in azeroth as well as what his father had done.

Then expect to see him as a villain some point in the future again.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question is whether he's conquering those lands for the land's sake, or he's conquering those lands to destroy the Alliance.
    Why cant it be both?

10+ Year Old Account
    He talks of genocide in one of his quotes, far before the offensive on Theramore even begins. He wants nothing left of the night elves but a "bad memory." He's not about "destroying" the alliance. He's about destroying the alliance.

His speech to the other Horde leaders doesn't focus on the need for resources, nor land. All of those quotes have one thing in common: defeating the Alliance. Again, Horde domination through the destruction of the Alliance is his primary goal.

I'd like you to point to where in those quotes it says that he is PRIMARILY focused on gaining more land as a resource rather than gaining more land as spoils of conquest.
    I say "destroy" because destruction is just a generic word. His first focus is destroying their will and their spirit; if the Alliance would remains all quite in the Eastern Kingdoms with the night elves escaped there, he wouldn't give a thought anymore to the Alliance, because would be the prove of their submission. But now that Pandaria has been discovered, that continent is the new goal:

"Just look at this place, Malkorok. THIS is the prosperity that our people deserve!"

"If our enemies should choose to push us, we will drive them into the ground!"

"Doubt is for the weak! Do not question your strength, Ishi. We will survive because we must! The Horde will prevail!"

"Our suffering is at an end. When this war is won, our people will see prosperity at last."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget the little rant to Vol'jin
    "I wont let my people starve to death in the desert, I will stop at nothing! Nothing! To ensure a proud and glorious future for the Orcs and anyone who has the courge to stand with us"