Poll: What would you do with Garrosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Proof that it was retconned? Retconned ingame?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Tides_of_Darkness

It's all in a novel that retold the story of Warcraft II.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Thrall was only well known as a gladiator to humans. The orcs didn't know about it at the time.

Garrosh earned his place as overlord during the Northrend campaign, argue what you saw in quests all you want. Various books and that have said he is a very skilled warrior and tactician so that's the way it is.
    *lol* Are the happenings in the actual game canon, or the books written bei random authors? Are the books based on the games or are the games basedon the books? So the question really is, what is canon and what not. And i go with the games, cause the books are based on them not the other way around.

*lol* Are the happenings in the actual game canon, or the books written bei random authors? Are the books based on the games or are the games basedon the books? So the question really is, what is canon and what not. And i go with the games, cause the books are based on them not the other way around.
    The books are are commissioned by Blizzard and written to Blizzard's specifications. They're just as canon as the games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Tides_of_Darkness

It's all in a novel that retold the story of Warcraft II.
    Sure, but its just a book of Aaron S. Rosenberg, its not canon. These books of random authors(they are not even by metzen story mastermind of the games!!!!) are based on the game. The games are not based on the books, its just a story. I do not view them as canon and no one should. If they make a Cavers of Time story with Doomhammer i will accept it.

Sure, but its just a book of Aaron S. Rosenberg, its not canon. These books of random authors(they are not even by metzen story mastermind of the games!!!!) are based on the game. The games are not based on the books, its just a story. I do not view them as canon and no one should. If they make a Cavers of Time story with Doomhammer i will accept it.
    Chris Metzen has stated that the books are considered canon. That's Blizzard's official policy.

The books are are commissioned by Blizzard and written to Blizzard's specifications. They're just as canon as the games.
    Common knowledge but i do not accept it. Can't handle a story to strangers and call it canon. No wonder people do care less about wow's story. So its save to say wow's lore is pretty messed up by co story writers outside of blizzards games design and a ton of unecessary retcons.

I think exile could lead to possible future character development so that's my choice. I can imagine Garrosh reappearing in the future Legion expansion as the leader of a band that hunts down demons but is also unfriendly with the Horde/Alliance.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Common knowledge but i do not accept it. Can't handle a story to strangers and call it canon. No wonder people do care less about wow's story. So its save to say wow's lore is pretty messed up by co story writers outside of blizzards games design and a ton of unecessary retcons.
    They don't hand the story off to a stranger. Again, they're commissioned by Blizzard and work VERY closely with CDev to ensure that the book is EXACTLY right. You can't just write a book and slap on the Warcraft logo and publish it.

And if it's common knowledge and there's quotes from a major player in Blizzard's CDev then I'm afraid you're simply deluding yourself on this matter. You can believe the sky's green but that doesn't make it so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying you don't accept it doesn't effect whether or not it's canon.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is your evidence that despite Garrosh's hate of the Alliance, which has only grown since Wrath and despite his personality, which has degraded since wrath, that he would be willing to have peace with the Alliance if they wouldn't bother him? That he wouldn't want to simply kill them all?
    if the Alliance werent a threat to the Horde in any form at all then why would he hate them?

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 03:55 AM ----------

books and written material give a much greater insight into the lore characters than the game can too

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 04:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The sad thing of this is seeing a whole generation of orcs being killed.
    No matter who wins in this civil war, the Horde becomes weaker as a result. Kor'kron or rebel, they are all Horde an any casualties any side suffers is what the Horde suffers.

The Dev questions dsnt paint a brighter picture either. Sayin somethin along the lines that the Horde is just gonna be gutted from this war and will be just scambeling to get back on their feet, while the "victorious juggernaught" that is the Alliance will take the lead in future conflicts
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Like Madgod and Zoma said, the novels are canon. The Tides of Darkness is a novelization of WC2 written by Blizzard (the author doesn't matter, they are contracted by Blizzard to write them).

If you accept or not, it's not our problem or Blizzard's.

"Ya, the novels are pretty much considered canon, um, the funny thing is some things are less canon, we shoot for canon... typically the characters in novels are canon..." - Chris Metzen

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    books and written material give a much greater insight into the lore characters than the game can too
    Exactly. That's the main reason why they novelized the old games, because before Warcraft III, the engines weren't really the master piece of storytelling.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-05-20 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Have you any prove of a personal interest of him about the Eastern Kingdoms? The only thing is Gilneas, and he have pretty different interests there, not conquer the land for his people, the last thing in the world he want to have are the Forsaken on their very footsteps. You presume a lot with little back up.

Presently, he fights with the Alliance in Pandaria because they arrived there FIRST, and this is the reason for which he was so angered with Nazgrim, because suddenly appeared a new continent and the Alliance arrived there before them. Then, the Alliance go to full war in Pandaria because they think that Garrosh will do something nasty on Pandaria, and so they CONTINUE to oppose him. And so the war goes on. Even there.

Plus, you seems to forget that Kalimdor is not conquered as he wished. Just Theramore has been destroyed, Northwatch has been retaken and the night elves are perfectly at their place.

The Alliance are NOT just keeping their freaking Eastern Kingdoms, they continue to oppose Garrosh for all their understandble reasons.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 11:18 PM ----------

Not that Great Soldier. Experienced maybe, but he was a weak-willed drank worm.

You may know how they got corrupted, but clearly know little of what they were before that, what the orc society was before Gul'dan completely transformed it.
    Old Horde was already corrupted in both invasions so thats what I meant.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

I find myself enjoying the idea of redemption with the possibility that his actions may not be his own through corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    if the Alliance werent a threat to the Horde in any form at all then why would he hate them?
    Because they used to be and he isn't really one to forgive.

i would like to see something funny happen like for the raid.. final boss garrosh or w/e the whole raid appears..attacks him and kills him down to 20% hp.. then the sha embodiment starts to empower garrosh... he gains new abilities and recovers 70% of his hp.. also chains up the hero's.. so Sylvanas, Lorthermar, Cairne, and Voljin show up to help giving the raiders new abilities and breaking their bonds... afterwards garrosh gets killed down to like 1%.. traps the raid again, and knocks out the horde leaders.. turning back to the raid hes about to kill, thrall shows up and tries to reason with him, being too far corrupted garrosh doesnt listen.. but all of a sudden Gallywix appears and smacks garrosh in the head with a baseball bat, mob style lol. he hits him a few more times and Garrosh goes down.. finally dead... then Gallywix says "thats for not paying me!" he loots Garrosh and then leaves.

lol

but overall he should get killed or imprisoned. exiled doesnt make sense, what would stop him from coming back when u leave him unchecked? not like its hard for him to get around. i dont think he can be redeemed anyway. we hated him since nagrand so.. lol.

Deleted
    Personally, I think he deserves to die. Maybe he will come to regret his mistakes before the end and slay the force he unleashes like his old dad? The other option is he will die defiant to the last.

I cannot see him surviving as far too many people are baying for his blood now, besides the Alliance QQ backlash would be furious if he lived after everything that happened to Theramore.

I've seen people say that "thrall" would spare Garrys life. Nope is not going to happen. Thrall would kill _ANYNONE_ who threatens the hordes safety. He killed Jainas dad, and others who deserved it.

Garry and the way he is going Thrall would end his life with Doom hammer ready to do so (if it was up to him to decide) At the very least I could see him being exiled but to where?

For me personally after all the shit he has pulled and the horrible trian wreck of a character he is. I want his head in my bag ready to present to Thrall. Nothing less than this will appease me hatred of Garry.

Exile is too good. Then again, he would be fair game for anyone to find and execute as they wish.

Imprisonment is on one hand too lenient, on the other a definitive blow to his ego. I'm not sure if I want Garrosh to feel punished or tormented for the rest of his days, or just have him out of the way.

... so, yes, I think killing him is the best choice. It removes the chance for him to return at a later date -- the writers won't have a chance to redeem Garrosh if they so chose, and he won't have the opportunity to raise a rebel army of his own.

It may just be that I'm hoping for too much but I've been thinking alot in the last couple of days that we might be fooled into thinking that Garrosh is the last boss when it's quite possible we're in for a surprise...

Killing him off would prove Blizzard handled his character development VERY poorly. For once I want a character to be redeemed. He should do his father proud (after making similar mistakes).