Poll: Is it wrong that I never tip?

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopedia Dramatica View Post
    If the world has a shortage of ranch, it's the server's fault. If Springs1 has a heart attack due to eating too much ranch, it's the server's fault. Get the idea?
    This.is.the.best.thing.ever. Springs... I love you. Can we go out to dinner some time?
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Speaker View Post
    This.is.the.best.thing.ever. Springs... I love you. Can we go out to dinner some time?
    If you do, I hope you apologize to the server up front. Don't tell them why, just say "I am sorry".

PS: I was kidding about that circulating thing in your city, but if you have a dramatic entry then that isn't too far off from reality. Which is frightening to me.

I need to stop posting and go to bed. But this is just golden. http://wheresmyranchdressingbitch.blogspot.com/... Still think its a troll though.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Speaker View Post
    I need to stop posting and go to bed. But this is just golden. http://wheresmyranchdressingbitch.blogspot.com/... Still think its a troll though.
    Google Springs1 ranch dressing. It's an education.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Oh wow, she has a Dramatic entry and everything!

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Springs1
    That is some dedication to... whatever you want to call this. I think this post wraps all this up. Although all it does is restate the obvious, that he/she/it should be ignored, this is the final confirmation and the ultimate joke of the thread in my opinion. It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by gpherder View Post
    Google Springs1 ranch dressing. It's an education.
    yea I found springs1's Live Journal. I am now inspired to give my servers very large tips regardless of service.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    In this country servers are paid a fair wage, no need to rely on charity.
    This made my day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

If service is not what i expect i will not tip. If they expect to be paid, they should do their job properly.

Yeah, you're wrong. You're also a pretty big jerk. Waiters and waitresses depend on those tips, often making below minimum wage because buisnesses depend on tips to make up for the rest of it. While on the one hand you could say it's the buisnesses perogative to pay their own employee's ((Which I will absolutely agree with)) on the other that doesn't make you any less of a jerk for not tipping the person who just waited on you hand and foot.

Course going off of this I could go into the whole "Waiters and waitresses making less then minimum wage is bull!@#$" rant of mine but eh, I'll leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSavior View Post
    If service is not what i expect i will not tip. If they expect to be paid, they should do their job properly.
    People have bad days or demanding tables. If you see them around and working hard, at least tip them something because they are trying, and serving really isnt as easy as it sounds... especially in places that have lots of free refills. Last weekend I had a table of 4, and they had 4 bowls of salad for the table and one guy had around 10 soup refills, not counting breadsticks/drinks/entrees for the rest of the table... then I had 2 other tables to keep happy as well.

PS: I am scared of Springs1 visiting my restaurant. It sounds like she lives in an area close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    PS: I am scared of Springs1 visiting my restaurant. It sounds like she lives in an area close to me.
    SPRINGS! LETS GO DINE THERE! I'm serious about this. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    I have never tipped a dime in my life. Why do people feel obligated to get money as if i'm already going to give it to them?

Usually the task they're doing requires no brain work at all, so why should I reward you?

I just frustrates me. Am I wrong to thing this?
    Sorry OP, but that is bullshit. It is rewarded by doing a good job. Nothing more to it.

It like in the theatre, was the play is good, the audience call for bis or whatever it is called in english.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Sorry OP, but that is bullshit. It is rewarded by doing a good job. Nothing more to it.

It like in the theatre, was the play is good, the audience call for bis or whatever it is called in english.
    Encore in english :P

I just learned that encore which is supposedly french isnt used at all in france. Thanks QI!

Thank god, I got out of the customer service industry, I hate dealing with a person's bullshit. I never worked as a waiter, but it's the same go around with all situations where you have to deal with customers. They expect the world but are completely ignorant to what it takes to do that job. I might've hated my job in the customer service industry but I always would try to make sure the customer was happy, but some people are inclined to be dicks. There are definitely people out there that want to nickel and dime as much as possible, my advice, stay home. No one wants to deal with your bullshit when you come walking into the store.

Quote Originally Posted by golds View Post
    I have never tipped a dime in my life. Why do people feel obligated to get money as if i'm already going to give it to them?

Usually the task they're doing requires no brain work at all, so why should I reward you?

I just frustrates me. Am I wrong to thing this?
    Way back in the day when I worked as a waitress, I only made 2.15 an hour (back when minimum wage was around 4.25 or so). Most of my income was from tips. Those people have a family to support and bills themselves. There could be a very valid reason he/she accepted a job that doesn't pay full minimum wage (especially with the way the job market is).

The only time you shouldn't be tipping is if the service was frankly horrible.