Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would a zombie remember your lifes skills?

Well, I was thinking. If zombies are reanimated bodies that have the brains functions, would that mean that it would remember your lifes skills? For example, they say you never forget how to ride a bike once you've learned. Its all basic muscle memory. So if you knew how to do parkour very well while alive, wouldn't that mean your zombie form would also know how to do such activities? Even if it is going off of muscle memory. If you were a leader, maybe your zombie self would organize the lesser zombies to do your bidding. That sort of deal. That certainly would make for an interesting zombie film to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Muscle memory" is still brain memory. It's just not conscious thought, so you're not aware of muscle movements that you have memorized.

Ultimately it depends on how badly brain damaged the zombie is.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the general concept is that zombies are rotting, because their flesh is effectively dead. at least originally, there are of course many versions where a zombie is simply a feral human who's lost all higher intelligence, usually due to some virus.
    therefore, in the case of the necrophatic zombies, their body's function are severely hindered due to malfunction of organs.

most zombies aren't unable to run or climb because they don't know how to do it, but because many of their bones, muscles, nerves, etc aren't functioning properly, or at all, anymore. that's often additionally depicted by missing body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    For example, they say you never forget how to ride a bike once you've learned. Its all basic muscle memory.
    riding a bike is nonetheless a complex process that we are not able to do from instinct alone and that (i guess) most animals wouldn't be able to do, even if there was a way to properly teach them. if the brain is deteriorated enough to lose the ability to communicate (in basic ways, like animals) or plan ahead or act as a group (again in basic ways, like some animals) along with any human emotion, then a learned process like riding a bike may also very well be damaged or prove too difficult/complex to do.

additionally, zombies seem to lose all memory of their human lives (like people being close to them. feral or not, most animals would show some signs of rememberances when faced with someone who was good to them for most of their life) so anything that they learned may be lost alltogether.
    then again, they are able to walk, which has to be learned to some degree, but often can't climb, which is actually something that humans learn almost as easily as walking, due to our evolutionary history. so i guess it depends a lot on the personal interpretation of whoever created that specific zombie story
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-05-18 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    You better pray they have no such skills, a zombie that can use firearms, drive and is an expert in camouflage? Fucking scary.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-05-18 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You better prey they have no such skills, a zombie that can use firearms, drive and is an expert in camouflage? Fucking scary.
    better kill and burn you now, while we still have the chance, then! *grabs pitchfork*

Well obviously, walking is a form of muscle memory as well and all the zombies can walk/run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    better kill and burn you now, while we still have the chance, then! *grabs pitchfork*
    Or better yet, let me crack on with it. I am a registered zombie hunter!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Well obviously, walking is a form of muscle memory as well and all the zombies can walk/run.
    running and walking (and climbing, swimming, etc) are things that are part of our instinct though, to a degree. a toddler growing up alone would at some point still figure out how to walk (they'd die first of course, but you get the point). not so much when it comes to riding a bike.

Or better yet, let me crack on with it. I am a registered zombie hunter!
    works for me!

You better pray they have no such skills, a zombie that can use firearms, drive and is an expert in camouflage? Fucking scary.
    Would a zombie doctor be like a really good butcher?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Would a zombie doctor be like a really good butcher?
    Get past your first year of medical school and maybe you could find out.

Get past your first year of medical school and maybe you could find out.
    Oh im actually pretty adept at cutting. My friends asked me for help when they couldnt separate the femure from the hip. Turns out he had an artificial one. Ended up pulling it out of the femur and the other part out of the hip joint. Good times.

Deleted
    Oh im actually pretty adept at cutting. My friends asked me for help when they couldnt separate the femure from the hip. Turns out he had an artificial one. Ended up pulling it out of the femur and the other part out of the hip joint. Good times.
    You have a long time until you can call yourself a Doctor young Padawan.

Deleted
    "Hmmm, sir we will have to ampute your leg."
    "I ONLY HAVE A RUNNY NOSE!"
    "I know, i just like cutting things off, it's my specialty you know."

You have a long time until you can call yourself a Doctor young Padawan.
    Hence when somebody asks me if im a doctor i answer "almost definitely"

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies aren't scary! Can't remember where I heard this, but zombies as a predator are a HORRIBLE idea.
    Their only food source and form of reproduction is also their biggest predator, this is like you have to fight a lion anytime you wanted to f*ck or make a sandwich

10+ Year Old Account
    It would remember that zombies aren't real and die.

If the virus that killed the person, and zombified them also provided an immune system for the body then it's possible.

It would also have to pause further rot to make use of the victim's abilities for zombie procreation.

That raises another question, would the person just wake up with zombie motivations, or would they just wake up with a different immune system, and a body that didn't self repair?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    That raises another question, would the person just wake up with zombie motivations, or would they just wake up with a different immune system, and a body that didn't self repair?
    i think in most cases they'd need to have some kind of improved immune system and self repair. otherwise a missing limb (which seems to be almost standard ) would cause complete malfunction through either bleeding or infection.
    although maybe it's more accurate to say their bodies work in a different way and are immune to these things by default, without systems to actively prevent them.

in the end, necrophatic zombies just don't really make a lot of sense without magic, i guess =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i think the general concept is that zombies are rotting, because their flesh is effectively dead. at least originally, there are of course many versions where a zombie is simply a feral human who's lost all higher intelligence, usually due to some virus.
    therefore, in the case of the necrophatic zombies, their body's function are severely hindered due to malfunction of organs.
    Depends. Most of the more recent fiction uses a virus that repels bacteria, thus preventing decay beyond that which is caused by exposure to the elements.

A zombie that can do mathematics and tell shitty jokes would be a pretty interesting zombie I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?