Thread: List of terms?

List of terms?

Is there any guide somewhere that can give me a list of terms? I keep hearing these getting tossed around and I have no idea what you're talking about half the time. I haven't played wow since wrath, so I've missed a bit and haven't a clue how paladins, mages, warlocks or pretty much half of all classes even work these days. Could I get a listing of common terms and what they mean?

I'm trying to level a DK, and right now I have no real issues apart from AV still being completely unfair (looks like nothing has changed sigh)

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 07:50 AM ----------

never mind about the list of terms. It doesn't matter now.

I tried to pvp and after getting globaled in full heirloom gear I just give up. Full entire heirloom DK and I'm getting globaled. The brackets are smaller but they still haven't averaged health and stats it seems.

I give up on all forms of multiplayer in this game. I'll do dungeons but I'll won't talk to a soul, turn chat off and need everything that is needable. Same goes for LFR.

PvP is just a complete disaster it's not even playable.

Deleted
    Don't get burned out after couple tries. Leveling pvp was never balanced, so don't expect equality there.

Get a trinket, try to counter those stuns, interrupt cc. Dks shouldn't be crushed so easily. But hell, i now level pvp with healer, so i may be wrong, ye?

Choosing to be a bitch in pve is the worst decision, maybe you shouldn't play a game you actually don't like, instead of ruining it for the ones you play with.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Low level PvP will never be balanced.

There is not really a list of terms, but there is a list of spells that you may find useful.

Ill just leave this here....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489780637

And in regards to the PvP thing, I saw one of your other locked threads about your stance, but your complaints fall on deaf ears, because 99.99999% of people sub'd to wow know that it is not balanced around low level. So crying out for changes and saying the game is shit yaddayaddaaya, because the low level pvp is not balanced is pointless.

PS: Full heirlooms is good and all, but by no means put you in god mode..specially for a DK that doesn't have all their spells/utility.

PSS: 5.3 is releasing next tues, with a lot of incoming balance changes, so level yout toon to 90, gear up, and you will be much happier.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-05-19 at 02:57 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    90 pvp is not much better then low level pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    Here is to hoping that 5.3 changes that. Just a few more days left ppl.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    gear scaling will fix it!

Deleted
    gear scaling will fix it!
    I don't think anyone from Blizzard said this, and also no member of community with right mind, only trollhead who try to be sarcastic do this. Ilvl cap is not the only change coming in 5.3, there are many more. Besides you are completely out of topic, and your post doesn't give anything to the original poster.

If you have trouble with dk pvp on low level, first of all you should go blood, and if you pvp at level like 75-79 you have to expect cata geared people who stomp people. Also warrior with shield slam is probably the most op classes right now, which is getting changed in 5.3, so check your logs when you get killed. Also low level pvp is much more bursty than 90, mostly because there is no base resilience, and also because people are very overgeared due to heirlooms, and also because of spells formulas. The equations for damage spells are vary very much from class to class, and from spell to spell, so it changes a lot as you level up, they should be much more homogenized, but it's too late for that so late into development of the game, so you will have to live with imbalance at low levels. It would very much benefit from base resilience, but a lot of people enjoy twinking, and low level pvp on some classes, so they probably don't want to change whole experience for them just yet, because that would cause more imbalance in some cases, like boomkin who can live with just rejuvenation would be complete live lord on <70 level.

If you have trouble understanding terms, try google, forums, twitch streams, you can ask in chat in there, or in game, you have to use many sources, because you can't really find it all at one place.

Despite its rather major flaws it's still quite significantly better...

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Yeah I definitely hope so, I'm just worried that certain burst specific classes will suffer from this. As a DK I probably won't mind the change becuase despite that fact that I've have some sort of burst every now and then with several death runes we're still based on consistency while classes like rogue and mages will be terrible should their burst suddenly be useless as their sustained damage won't really compensate for the burst reduction. However I definitely feel like some classes (possibly mine too?) have too big of a burst potential right now.