1. #1

    Realm specific LFD/LFR

    hmm.. Just an idea but what if they changed LFR and LFD so that you would only group with people from your realm? You wouldnt have to walk to a dungeon, or spam trade for a group, but you would still play with people of the same server.

  2. #2
    would be nice, but they have to get rid of low pop realms I guess

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Would work on higher population realms but it could cripple the ability to do dungeons fully on low pop realms.

  4. #4
    Then you would have queues that lasted several hours.

  5. #5
    If you are looking to play with people from your own server, why wouldn't you either ask your guildies or /1?

    If you ask around, you will get people you might already know.

    If you just queue with whatever random people, well, you do realize that every server has the same percentage of jerks, right?

    Picking people randomly from your own server isn't going to create or improve the "community." If you want community then go out into the community.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,665
    Sounds like a good.... way for Blizz to make even more money from realm transfer fees.

  7. #7
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,381
    The system already prioritizes grouping you with people from your own realm, if it can.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The system already prioritizes grouping you with people from your own realm, if it can.
    This, and it has no real effect in the end. I don't get why people are so concerned with playing with only their server. It doesn't change the community and people who insist it does are wrong. Flat out wrong. I've met just as many trolls on my own server as I have through a cross-realm feature. And before you say "blacklist", that doesn't have much of an effect on the thousands of people who don't know the person.

    While you can eventually gain a reputation of some sort, the size of a high or full pop realm still means anonymity among most of your peers.



  9. #9
    Why add another way to make low populated realms even worse than they already are? Besides, what difference does it make? If you like a person you meet, add them to your list and cross server group with them. If you want to only play with people from your server for some reason anyway, then look for groups the old fashioned way. I assume that is the goal with this idea anyway, to make things more like the old days...

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    If you are looking to play with people from your own server, why wouldn't you either ask your guildies or /1?

    If you ask around, you will get people you might already know.

    If you just queue with whatever random people, well, you do realize that every server has the same percentage of jerks, right?

    Picking people randomly from your own server isn't going to create or improve the "community." If you want community then go out into the community.
    the problem is that theres no insentives fro it, you will only get valor for completing a dundeon using the lfg tool. tanks and healers will queue on their own when the bag is up ive noticed that. i got a tank and healer from my own realms mostly when bag is up

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    hmm.. Just an idea but what if they changed LFR and LFD so that you would only group with people from your realm? You wouldnt have to walk to a dungeon, or spam trade for a group, but you would still play with people of the same server.
    I doubt they will do that, because that will decrease the number of players in LFD/LFR pools which means longer queue times. They clearly care more about keeping LFD/LFR more convenient than helping the social woes of the community, so unlikely to happen.
    They know how to milk the cow.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Then you would have queues that lasted several hours.
    Pretty much this. Remember how back in the day you used to have to spam for a long time to find a healer or tank? It would be pretty much like that, even high pop realms would have a massive wait.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Ashardis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    360
    I can see this working brilliantly on dead servers, really

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This, and it has no real effect in the end. I don't get why people are so concerned with playing with only their server. It doesn't change the community and people who insist it does are wrong. Flat out wrong. I've met just as many trolls on my own server as I have through a cross-realm feature. And before you say "blacklist", that doesn't have much of an effect on the thousands of people who don't know the person.

    While you can eventually gain a reputation of some sort, the size of a high or full pop realm still means anonymity among most of your peers.
    You will currently find people acting like cocks because there is no reason not to. As soon as you get server only grouping, reputation becomes important. To suggest that LRD does not have an effect on how people act is wrong.

  15. #15
    For many servers (specifically dying ones) it would mean much longer queue times than they are now. 15 hours' queue for 1 LFR on wednesday (forget other days)? No, thanks.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    hmm.. Just an idea but what if they changed LFR and LFD so that you would only group with people from your realm? You wouldnt have to walk to a dungeon, or spam trade for a group, but you would still play with people of the same server.
    It would work only for the few high pop realms and not for >100 low pop realms.

    If they merged the low pop realms first, then having same-realm LFD/LFR would be fantastic.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    If they merged the low pop realms first, then having same-realm LFD/LFR would be fantastic.
    I can only see negatives...

    for the people that queue for samerealm LFD/LFR, you're getting the same as you would before, but with a slower queue.

    for the people that queue for crossrealm LFD/LFR, you now have a higher percentage of social pariahs and ungeared newbies then you did before.

    Blizzard needs to open the gates. Either remove the transfer fees or open up guilds to crossrealm. Suddenly *all* LFDs and LFRs are 'same server'. This would add the incentive to socialize and perform in a positive and meaningful manner without the negative side effects separation would cause.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    hmm.. Just an idea but what if they changed LFR and LFD so that you would only group with people from your realm? You wouldnt have to walk to a dungeon, or spam trade for a group, but you would still play with people of the same server.
    Would this work for dying servers, where no one plays? How long would someone have to wait in queue? Cross-realm is better interaction at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •