192. This poll is closed
  • Cats

104 54.17%
  • Dogs

88 45.83%

Thread: Cats Or dogs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cats: I don't have to walk them and I don't have to give them nearly as much attention.

Dogs. I like pets that would go through the same trouble for me as I would for them. I just don't see cats doing that because they're solitary animals.
    I think cats are prettier, though. And on the surface, they certainly look as if they've got more character... But they really don't. They have decidedly less character, and most cats care only about themselves. (They have less character because, simply put, they don't need it. They're individuals by nature, after all.) Of course there are a few cats who really are caring about the human(s) they live with, but I'm pretty sure that they're (often) more worried about the source of their food than they are for the well-being of the actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Dogs. I like pets that would go through the same trouble for me as I would for them. I just don't see cats doing that because they're solitary animals.
    I think cats are prettier, though. And on the surface, they certainly look as if they've got more character... But they really don't. They have decidedly less character, and most cats care only about themselves. (They have less character because, simply put, they don't need it. They're individuals by nature, after all.) Of course there are a few cats who really are caring about the human(s) they live with, but I'm pretty sure that they're (often) more worried about the source of their food than they are for the well-being of the actual person.
    Well; If you want a cat that cares, YOU need to bond with it. They wont come to you as most dogs will but, you can have a bond as strong as it is with some dogs, if you establish one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Well; If you want a cat that cares, YOU need to bond with it. They wont come to you as most dogs will but, you can have a bond as strong as it is with some dogs, if you establish one.
    I like independent dogs, to be honest. And with dogs, you really also need to bond... But the effort, at least, is mutual.

Dogs. because they are kind and honest. Cats are always irritating.

Cats.
    And lol I don't really need to justify it.

Deleted
    Just one word: cats.

I do not dislike dogs but I am definitely a cat person. I owe my life to one.

Deleted
    I've always had a cat so...
    But I've been thinking of getting a dog once I finish my studies & move out. A french bulldog to be exact.

Dogs, but i enjoy kittens only KITTENS!!!

Why exactly are cats better?

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love both but I'm gonna have to go with cats since you dont have to take them out for walks :P

But overall very even ^_^

EDIT: I used to be a cat-only person until my parents got themselves a dog after I moved out. Then I would just hang out with the dog ever since it was a wee puppy every now and then and we eventually became bros and I actually started to understand "how dogs work" so to speak :P
    Now we're best pals with him and he comes to visit for a few days every now and then whenever my parents go somewhere... We hang out, drink beer, eat pizza and talk about chicks and stuff.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-06-16 at 07:07 PM.

Dogs.

Dogs are amazing.

Cats are plushie substitutes that do little more than kill wildlife and spread disease. Get a teddybear instead.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Cats for the win, And when you own two of those balls of fur you can really see a difference personality. Yes they are solitary beings that prefer to snooze and eat, On the plus side you do not have to walk them they just shit in a designated litter box. And I give them food beside it so they can eat through the entire day, Yet each time I get home they walk up to me to greet me. They have as much personality as a dog, maybe even more since they have a will of their own.

SO cats all the way! Meow!

Deleted
    Dogs, definitely. And im indeed a pitbull person.
    I got 4 myself, they're all sweet hearts.
    Yes im only 20, and yes i study dogs behaviour, and the dogs dogs psychology.

My 2 dogs, and first picture, the brindle is a male, and name is Tyson. The white/brindle is a female called tequila.
    The second picture, is me and Flora, shes a shemale.
    The last is my blue male, called Hachi.

here we go:

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs because I can feel the love back. Cats come and go, I don't know where they've been all day. They pee on my clean clothes and annoy me while I eat. My dog is always at my side and seems happy to see me every time I look at her. Also, cats are terrible at learning their names. I've only had 1 cat that kind of new its name, it was more the way I said its name than the name itself.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Cats are plushie substitutes that do little more than kill wildlife and spread disease.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultura...ts#Middle_Ages
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-06-17 at 01:00 PM.

I've had cats since I was very little. I currently have a cat of the breed maine coon which is very kind, playful and social. I love her so much. She always follows me around, wants to take part in everything, she doesn't meow like normal cats, it's different, and she has a great personality.

I like cats cause they don't require me to go on walks with them, they are more independent which fits my life better.

But I would definitly like to have a dog sometime, just not sure which breed, but I do not want a tiny dog, more a cozy bear-looking dog who wants to take up half the bed

This is my dear Bonita
    Last edited by Syrco; 2013-06-24 at 06:35 AM.

Surprised by the majority being cats.
    But certainly a dog person myself.
    Nothing against cats, just preference and past experience.

Had two retrievers, resulting in puppies twice.
    Kept one from the second lot which made three of them.
    All died eventually, and went without dogs for some time.

After a while due to circumstances ended up with a staffy which we have at present.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-06-24 at 06:45 AM.

Like them all, prefer dogs

Deleted
    Dogs, allergic to Cats

But Rabbits >>> All