Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will this be popping up on iTunes at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Nice podcast, though a tad depressing for us holys....

Deleted
    So.... Next episode four guys are talking about healing priests while pretending to be girls?

this gonna be good!

Quote Originally Posted by Blachshma View Post
    Nice podcast, though a tad depressing for us holys....
    Much like the game itself, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Boerner View Post
    So.... Next episode four guys are talking about healing priests while pretending to be girls?

this gonna be good!
    No stealing my ideas plx!
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post

No stealing my ideas plx!

Don´t worry. I liked your post. it´s hilarious. All hail to Veiled!

Deleted
    Thank you for the mp3 link

Thank you all for all the feedback, its greatly appreciated. The recorded shows can be found here http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3847 available for download as mp3 or you can view it on youtube.

Deleted
    Enjoyed the podcast. Looking forward to the next episode.

Deleted
    Nice podcast good idee.
    Here my constructive feedback.
    -At the start of the podcast give a little overview about what you are going to talk about
    -Dont try to to have moments of silence. *this is harder then it sounds* so cant blame you guys for it.
    -This Podcast you had 5 people at once. might be a bit overkill might just be me. my suggestion would be t have a few people that come around all the time with some geust.
    -Im realy curious how you ar going to keep it intresting with information
    -Try to plan a few shows forward. with content to talk about. outside of the general talk you would do every podcast.
    -Have topics like simcraft , raids, strategy's, tips for priest, addons, Arena, Battlegrounds, etc. etc. and have podcasters/geust in the show that ar known with the choosen topic.
    -Outside of letting healing a bit left out

See for yourself what you do with it

gl

Don't forget, if you have any questions you want answered on the show, to email powerwordpodcast@gmail.com or PM one of us!

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Power Word: Podcast Episode 02 - Monday May 27th 6 PM EDT 3 PM PDT 12 AM(Midnight) CEST twitch.tv/valiane

Deleted
    Is there some way you could get this stream up on Arena Junkies stream page aswell. Tiwtch is blocked at work but AJ isnt and I want to listen

15+ Year Old Account
    Tune in for the 2nd episode of Power Word: Podcast..broadcasting LIVE now @ www.twitch.tv/Valiane

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    Nice podcast good idee.
    Here my constructive feedback.
    -At the start of the podcast give a little overview about what you are going to talk about
    -Dont try to to have moments of silence. *this is harder then it sounds* so cant blame you guys for it.
    -This Podcast you had 5 people at once. might be a bit overkill might just be me. my suggestion would be t have a few people that come around all the time with some geust.
    -Im realy curious how you ar going to keep it intresting with information
    -Try to plan a few shows forward. with content to talk about. outside of the general talk you would do every podcast.
    -Have topics like simcraft , raids, strategy's, tips for priest, addons, Arena, Battlegrounds, etc. etc. and have podcasters/geust in the show that ar known with the choosen topic.
    -Outside of letting healing a bit left out

See for yourself what you do with it

gl
    All of this. I listen to many PODcasts, and while I will say they all more or less started cluncky like you guys have, there is a lot to learn from listening to them after they have a good amount under their belt. More structure and a lot more preproduction work will go a long way. I liked the spur of the moment conversations, but sometimes it can lead to a lot of silence aseople gather their thoughts. So a bit more preproduction of going over topics and semi preparing thoughts will help.
    Also the less is more will help too. Having so many on is good, ut not all at once. Figure out topics that 2-3 can discuss and then swap hosts and begin new topics. Will help more fleshed out ideas come across and less toe stepping.
    And lastly i will just say investing in better Mics will go a long way too. Some sounded great, while some had what is most likely cheaper headsets. People will be tunredoff fast if the sound quality is subpar.

I did like the show, and look forward to many more. Just some advise from a long time PODcast fan. look forward to seeing you guys evolve and grow. Just putting in a bit more work will make this show amazing. Hell someone has to fill the void that is left by Lore going to work for Blizz :P

Deleted
    Where can I listen to the second one from ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to say "very enjoyable" cause it was idd entertaining and interesting to hear your oppinions on Priests, and I agreed with most things said on the healing aspect (unfortunatly though, being one of those "stubborn non-discs" as much as I can). I was doing the /nod & /smile irl when you were talking about Chakras for example

If I may say; Perhaps set subjects for each cast, may it be set bonuses, talents for each boss, disc vs holy, shadow vs other dips, as it was now it was a lil all over the place. Try to gather up the questions and topics before the cast and plan how to answer them so it will be easier to take in. Put the mixed topics at the end to finish off with.

Looking forward to your next broadcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Turn computer sounds off. Skype. Lookin' at you.

1a. Try not to type or click. I understand that there's a lot of people on these podcasts (personal opinion: too many people) and not everyone is in the same room or even country, so people are probably busy with other things. It's distracting and annoying, but at the same time it's understandable given the situation.

1b. I still think that some form of quiet background music would help cut into the static hum and would help to make the long pauses less glaring.

2. The delta in audio quality is still pretty off, Woaden in particular is really quiet/staticy compared to everyone else. I'm not sure if it's a microphone thing or a recording thing, I'm fairly sure it's a microphone issue and that's not something that can be easily resolved (on a large scale).

3. The long pauses and the "Um..."s are also quite glaring. This isn't something that you guys can really fix, nor would I expect you (or anyone) to magically change this or not do it. It's going to take time. My question would be do you guys have show notes and does everyone have them ahead of time? The structure of the show could be tweaked or organized differently to keep topics 'on track' and keep the train of thought chugging along.

4. I'm going to call this "The Wixie Paradox" and it basically deals directly with who you are as priests and players. I understand this is a H2P podcast and not a general overarching priest podcast. But I think it would nice to get a little bit of a history lesson from the people on the show. Who are you? Why should we care about what you say? As far as I'm concerned you're all just some talking heads. This would have been more fitting for an introductory episode, but it would really fit anywhere. I'm not asking for or suggesting you give us your life story, just something like:

"Today we have Iapetus on for some reason."
    "Hi, I'm Iapetus from Angelus Lapsus - Stormreaver. I started playing way back when in Vanilla where I mained a paladin. My guild fell apart and I quit, came back for Wrath and then joined Angelus Lapsus during Cataclysm. My main is a priest but I also play a death knight. I don't raid at all so any information from me is basically worthless, all I do is scream in guild chat, scream on the official forums and scream at Woaden on Twitter."

Obviously you don't need to say this for every episode, a one time introduction is all that's needed, after that you can just go something like:

"Iapetus is on again. Jeez this podcast went downhill fast."
    "Hello!"

Basically I don't think you should assume people know who you are or assume people know why they should listen to you and take your advice. People also like knowing a bit about who they're listening to. At this point we've listened to you guys talk for two hours. It would be nice to know a little but about you.

I have more to say about this but I don't want to start playing "show director Iapetus" since all my other suggestions or thought would start to change the layout of the show and that's not something I want to do.

5. This is more of a thought/curiosity and not a suggestion or anything. But the podcast is reeeaaally technical and mechanic based. I want to see how you guys keep it fresh and interesting. Honestly after 2 episodes now you've covered everything I can imagine you guys can cover and I have no idea what will be in the next one.

6. Listen to the last 10 minutes. That strange "Oops we're still recording" thing. You all are talking, you all have something to say. You're talking about both technical things and about non-technical things. There's emotion and playful jabbing and an honest sort of humanity about it all. The last accidental 10 minutes is probably the best part of episode 2 from a non-technical or entertainment standpoint.

7. No Angelus Lapsus logo. y u h8 ashley???

Posting this here instead of the official forums so whoever is monitoring this thread can see it + I'm not bugging Woaden to go look at the PW:T.
    Last edited by Iapetus; 2013-05-29 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Banana

15+ Year Old Account
    Iapetus thanks for the input.. I know there's a lot of "fine tuning" to be done and they'll be working on it over the next few episodes.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all your posts. Look at them. 700+? My word. Where did you get that avatar, dollface? It's beautiful.

Anchoring to snap to key points would be a good feature for the YouTube version of the podcast. Personally I think the show needs to be refined and structured a bit better so topics stay in sections that make sense and are easy to follow. I'm not going to listen to the episode again, but if memory serves there was a bit of leapfrogging from one topic to another and then back to the first one.