10+ Year Old Account

5.3 Coming Tuesday. Hearthstone Beta to follow?

Hearthstone Beta will have a reward for WoW players who get in (The Hearthsteed). It is also expected to start by / in summer.

WoW 5.3 will launch on 21/05/2013 and will include the Hearthsteed mount. The first technical day of Summer will happen exactly 1 month later (June 21st)

And with the game at least appearing to be in a totally functioning state... Well, do we think Beta is getting very near?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Sure hope it's close; I'd like that mount
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

probably not right away but im certain it wont be long before we see it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Different dev team, starting dates of things happening in either game is probably going to be completely unrelated. The fact that they put an item/mount into the gamefiles doesn't mean they immediately make it available either, an example of which was the Annual Pass mount.

So, no, probably not.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    The hearthsteed is a reward for an unknown Hearthstone promotion.

Purchasing a couple of decks while in beta will give you a reward for saying thanks.

No where does it say that the reward for participating in beta will be the hearthsteed, people are just assuming it is so because of the above 2 facts.

A lot of people want the mount, I'd imagine Blizzard would capitalize on it, because restricting it to a beta access would piss off a lot of people, and lose Blizzard a lot of money in the form of offering the mount through a real promotion (such as an annual pass)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Sure hope it's close; I'd like that mount
    'Your gods are not your gods'

Did you take that from the Klaxxi exalted quest? If so, you know that's a typo right? It's supposed to be 'your gods are not our gods'

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

Did you take that from the Klaxxi exalted quest? If so, you know that's a typo right? It's supposed to be 'your gods are not our gods'
    I got informed of this a couple weeks ago, and I've kept it because I prefer the typo version : /

Guess I should change it so I don't get this every couple weeks, haha.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

I prefer the original dialogue as it implies the Old Gods MIGHT be the good guys and we the bad guys. That'd be a fun role reversal.

It's pretty normal for Blizzard to put these things in WoW well before the are obtainable. Ex. Every store mount/pet, collectors's pets, and Blizzcon pets.

The Hearthstone beta hasn't reached the friends and family phase yet, so I don't expect the general public will be seeing it in the immediate future. Friends and family will be very soon though, with closed beta shortly afterwards.

The people who are doing Hearthstone aren't tied to the WoW team's progress. The Hearthsteed needs to be patched in, yes, but its presence means nothing as far as when beta will happen. It could get patched in now and have beta happen next summer, and it wouldn't impact the WoW side at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't read a ton into it, since the Direhorn pet was put into the game files for 5.2 but wasn't made live until 5.3. Sometimes they just put things in there a little early because they have some free time. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present