Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Anyone who would try to stop their wife from doing so isn't worthy of being a husband. Either trust your spouse, or don't get married.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Maybe 'Partner' instead of GF/wife would have been a better approach. You have now incurred the wrath of all the white knights of the internet, seeing as feminism is a *thing these days.

To answer your question, if she works with them, they are likely on the kind of terms that they would look out for her if she was getting unwanted attention or trouble. I would for anyone I worked with and was out with. Plus you know, trusting my partner (see such a less offensive word, feminists aint got nothing on me now ) from the bottom of my heart helps too.

*Edit: By thing, I meant it is like a new fad, all the cool guys wana be that white knight that helps the poor wee women of the internet.
    Last edited by mmocbee66edd6f; 2013-05-19 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i wouldn't trust her, chances are she wouldn't be my girlfriend, certainly not my wife.

You shouldn't be in a relationship if you couldn't trust the person. Know this says girlfriend/wife but if I had a boyfriend or husband I'd be fine with him going out with friends/co-workers for a little relax.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Yeah I'd be fine with it, I'd be fine with her hanging out with one guy. Just like I'd expect her to be okay with me hanging out with girls or female friends of mine. There's no reason that I should have a problem with it, if I didn't trust her enough to hang out with her friends I wouldn't be dating her to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats up with this dude and the threads he keeps making? Like whats his motive?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Let her?

If I didn't know them I would be skeptical as to whether or not I could trust them with the safety/wellbeing of my wife.

In the end it isn't my choice though.

It was a sexist question, I calls ' em like I sees 'em.
    No, it's not a sexist question at all. Imagine the situation was reversed and it was a girl whose boyfriend was going out for drinks or whatever with a bunch of girls. Just because the topic of conversation involves a female doesn't mean that it's sexist. It's a relationship question in general. Jesus, eggshells.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine View Post
    no, i've let my ex girlfriend(s) to go out with their ''friends'' and i've gotten royally fucked coz of it, like let's say my last ex cheated on me when i was in the army and got to know about it 1 year after i got out of army that she had cheated me with my friend(and he was her friend too) while i was in the army (now im a bloody mess coz of that), i've trusted them like 120% (1 woman demolishing ur trust no problem, but 6 wth?).
    so no when (if) i get a chance to meet a new woman im intrested i will be very cautious.
    women are evil creatures from hell i tell you, lying, scheming and only caring about them selves

well that's the picture all of the most of the women i've met, so please don't judge me as sexist ahole
    What exactly do you intend to achieve by keeping her at home not letting her socializing with any man ever? Are you going to keep her in a dungeon lest she lay eyes on another man and find him more attractive and eventually leave you?

If someone cheats on you and fucks you over they're obviously wrong for you. Trying to keep a woman socially isolated from the opposite sex is not going to make them right for you.

Deleted
    Group consisting only of dudes? Might make me slightly worried (mainly for her own safety, in general I don't like the idea of my girl being out late alone), depending on the dudes ofc. Group of workmates including dudes? No problem. My mother is a music academy teacher and often dines in a restaurant near her workplace either alone or with whoever co-workers happen to come along. We had a laugh when one day she went there three times, each time accompanied by a different man... each being 10 years older than the previous one, like 30-40-50... and laughed thinking about what an outside observer might think of it...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Also the whole "let" thing is not necessarily sexist. The obvious meaning of the word is "not be emotionally affected by".

But "let" is a more efficient and colloquial way of saying that.

"Would you not be emotionally affected by your wife going out drinking with a bunch of guys after work?"

Kind of like how you could ask: Does your wife let you spend money on online poker? Is that sexist? No. Because she's not actually going to physically stop you. The question is whether or not she'll allow that to affect her emotional relationship with you.

To say that the OP question is sexist and implies slavery is reaching for straws at its finest.
    It's a Golds thread, implying sexism and slavery is a reasonable assumption all things considered.

Really though, I A) Trust my partner to not cheat on me. B) Trust my partner to not get so drunk as to lose control (I'm not married to a teenager for goodness sakes). and C) Am not so paranoid as to believe that every human being on earth is a rapist just looking for a target.

So unless there is some specific reason to be concerned, I wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Also the whole "let" thing is not necessarily sexist. The obvious meaning of the word is "not be emotionally affected by".

But "let" is a more efficient and colloquial way of saying that.

"Would you not be emotionally affected by your wife going out drinking with a bunch of guys after work?"

Kind of like how you could ask: Does your wife let you spend money on online poker? Is that sexist? No. Because she's not actually going to physically stop you. The question is whether or not she'll allow that to affect her emotional relationship with you.

To say that the OP question is sexist and implies slavery is reaching for straws at its finest.

EDIT: Dear OP, never use unclear colloquial English on the internet. You must always communicate your point clearly in formal language when talking on the internet otherwise people will take it out of context and completely ignore the actual question.

Sincerely, Gheld.
    No, actually, it says exactly what it says. When you tell me your wife does not let you gamble, I will take it that she is going to every means possible to physically or otherwise STOP YOU from gambling: take your wallets, car keys, whatever it takes, and if you do it anyway, that all hell breaks loose. That's what it means.

I don't see what's so hard with "would you be okay if your gf/wife...".

That said, I'd be okay with it. I'd be less okay if it's only 1 girl (in my case) that he'd be going out with though.

20+% of people admit to cheating on a spouse. (So who knows how many actually do.) but even educated fleas do it. Some studies suggest the percentage is even higher.

You should never trust other people. Trust is a dumb concept. Instead of trusting your partner, you should IFCI (If See) her. "Intelligently Forgo Conspicuous Investigation(or action)". If you see that she is acting unusually, then something unusual has happened, because that's just how people are. It's the most cliche line in divorce ever. "The signs were all there, but I ignored them."

If she's normally open about what she is doing after work, and she is equally open about saying "Hey I'm going to the bar with some guys from work for some drinks tonight, hope you're not jealous, lol" then you can see that you have no reason to behave in a distrusting manner. No trust necessary.

Most of the people in this thread are ridiculous.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    No, it's not a sexist question at all. Imagine the situation was reversed and it was a girl whose boyfriend was going out for drinks or whatever with a bunch of girls. Just because the topic of conversation involves a female doesn't mean that it's sexist. It's a relationship question in general. Jesus, eggshells.
    It's sexist either way, but because we live in a world/societies that are patriarchal, and show many forms of extreme disrespect towards women it is important to be clear if that is not your intent.

Hard to take you seriously when you have one of the most disgusting monsters humanity has produced visible with your posts though.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Most of the people in this thread are ridiculous.
    Because it's a thread about interpersonal behavior, most of which is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really stop them and if you're the type of person who would, you're a jerk.

Sure, though it'd be weird her wearing her collar and leash with me there.

Trusting your partner is one thing, being worried about them being slipped a pill is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    It's sexist either way, but because we live in a world/societies that are patriarchal, and show many forms of extreme disrespect towards women it is important to be clear if that is not your intent.
    Firstly, I am pretty fucking sure that if I went out drinking with a bunch of WOMEN after work, the only thing I would get from my spouse is a week of angry stares and "what the fuck did you do?" And don't tell me that is uncommon from women. From anyone, for that matter.

The people in this thread are ridiculous because apparently the only two options are both extremes; either you lock down the spouse completely or you let her have freeroam while you naively play video games at home, right guys?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather her not just because that's how I'd feel, but I wouldn't be married to someone if I didn't trust them, nor would I be in a relationship where we're saying what each other can or can't do