Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Thanks for starting this. I enjoy making these lists every year.

Here's mine currently.

1. Star Trek Into Darkness
    2. The Place Beyond the Pines
    3. Mud
    4. Side Effects
    5. Iron Man 3
    6. Warm Bodies
    7. The Croods
    8. Spring Breakers
    9. Evil Dead
    10. Oz the Great and Powerful

Added "Oz the Great and Powerful".

Deleted
    Damn. I just realized I have not seen a single movie that came out 2013 I really need to start going to the cinema more often.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched a whole lot of movies, but Iron Man 3 was good. Unexpectedly, so was Fast and Furious 6, like I really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Not into cars and cheesy hot babe scenes, but the verbal humor was great and the action was just the right level of over the top, fun to watch while thinking yea riiiiight. Decent story where I expected none in the first place. Just really sad about the ending, though I won't spoil it.

I saw a few movies on the plane recently - Skyfall, Wreck it Ralph and Deadly Crossing. I got to say - susprisingly Deadly Crossing was the best of the bunch. It reminded me of Seagal's older movies when he just used to rock people so easily. He has aged pretty well. Definitely worth a peak for classic action fans. I think it's only at red box right now though.

1. Man of Steel 10/10
    2. Star Trek: Into Darkness. 8/10.
    3. Iron Man 3. 4/10.

That's it. I don't watch many movies in theaters. Really excited for Man of Steel and Desolation of Smaug. Pretty excited for the new Thor movie as well. Actually, I'm stupid excited for Man of Steel. Considering purchasing the 12 issue comic mini series Superman: Birthright, as the movie is essentially a retelling of that from what we know of it.

Edit 1: Man of Steel was amazing.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-06-15 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Damn. I just realized I have not seen a single movie that came out 2013 I really need to start going to the cinema more often.
    Shame on yooou!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowarrior View Post
    I saw a few movies on the plane recently - Skyfall, Wreck it Ralph and Deadly Crossing. I got to say - susprisingly Deadly Crossing was the best of the bunch. It reminded me of Seagal's older movies when he just used to rock people so easily. He has aged pretty well. Definitely worth a peak for classic action fans. I think it's only at red box right now though.
    None of these are 2013 movies I believe however. Maybe The Rating Thread is a better place?

they are 2013 movies aren't they? oh sorry....i guess they are 2012...Deadly Crossing came out in 2013, however. It just came out on Red Box so I know that's true. it's not released anywhere else lol

Quote Originally Posted by mmowarrior View Post
    they are 2013 movies aren't they? oh sorry....i guess they are 2012...Deadly Crossing came out in 2013, however. It just came out on Red Box so I know that's true. it's not released anywhere else lol
    Yeah Wreck-It Ralph and Skyfall were both released in november 2012.

Weirdly im trying to look up Deadly Crossing but can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    On the contrary, having one running and seeing it grow as a ranking list is awesome.
    Right! After the summer run is always fun, you do your list of top 5 and then someone else at the table lists theirs and they mention "Hunger Games" and you think, yes! I loved that one too... but then you didn't think of it originally, so it must not measure up to the others on your list. I love those drinking discussions of top X lists.

1.Ster Trek Into Darkness
    2.Pain and Gain
    3.Oblivion
    4.Iron man 3

Added Star Trek Into Darkness to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Right! After the summer run is always fun, you do your list of top 5 and then someone else at the table lists theirs and they mention "Hunger Games" and you think, yes! I loved that one too... but then you didn't think of it originally, so it must not measure up to the others on your list.
    Or possibly you thought it came out the prior year...you're more likely to remember the movie than the release date, afterall.

Also, Fast and Furious 6 is on my list now. Sure, realism is NOT the movie's strong point, but Justin Lin knows how to do a great action setpiece(seriously, I'll take the action sequences in Fast 6 over those in Iron Man 3 anyday). So if you want over the top action, macho brotherhood bonding stuff, car chases, one liners, that sort of thing, you really can't go wrong. It's like a heist flick viewed through the eyes of a 80's action movie.

Adding This is the End to my list.

1. Star Trek
    2. Oblivion
    3. After Earth
    4. Olympus has Fallen

Saw Iron Man 3, hated it doesn't get a rating.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Man of Steel
    2. Star Trek: Into Darkness
    3. Oblivion.
    4. Stoker

Elysium will probably take second, that new extended trailer is amazing, and the closest I feel we'll ever get to a Halo movie. So much of it looks identical, floating rings in space, some structures that look like Halo Multiplayer maps, bald head hero with a powerful suite, hehe.

How Warm Bodies can make any top 10 list is beyond me. That movie was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    How Warm Bodies can make any top 10 list is beyond me. That movie was terrible.
    A lot of people disagree with you?

Anyways heres mine, have yet to watch 10 but seeing Man of Steel and Now You See Me as soon as they are aviable at my local cinema

1. Hangover III 8.5/10 - The best movie of the triology, made me laugh a lot!
    2. Star Trek: Into Darkness 8/10
    2. The Great Gatsby 7.5 / 10
    4. Oblivion 7/10
    5. A Place Beyond the Pines 7/10
    6. Warm Bodies 6/10
    7. Olympus Has Fallen 5/10
    8. Iron Man 3 4.5 / 10

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Star Trek: Into Darkness 9/10
    2. Fast Five 7/10
    3. Oz great and powerful 6/10