Thread: Disruptron

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Disruptron

What are my chances on this boss in the Brawler's arena? Stuck on him since Christmas.. now that the levitate was removed, it feels like an impossible encounter regardless of my gear.

• Not enough movement speed bonuses to avoid the rings, especially when middle cannon is active
    • A tough DPS requirement, sometimes you simply can not stand next to the boss for several seconds
    • Not any sort of stuns unless you want to spec 40 sec SW instead of DR

Any tips for this encounter from people that have killed it post 5.2? Here's my armory.

Thanks in advance,
    Hirv3s

Deleted
    RNG fight, only need luck :|

Quote Originally Posted by theizz View Post
    RNG fight, only need luck :|
    ^This.

Just depends on how the fight goes, sometimes you get annoying rings that are almost unavoidable while jumping over beams, sometimes you don't. The beams are still kind of iffy though, jump over early and you probably won't get hit, it can look like you clear the beam but somehow you get hit 20% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can charge right through lasers without getting hit by them. Intimidating Shout can interrupt him in clutch situations. At 35%, pop every single cooldown you have. This means Avatar, Recklessness, Skull Banner, Rallying Cry, Die by the Sword, and your potion and just hope he dies before you.

My best attempt was a 200k wipe.
    Last edited by Namso; 2013-05-19 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    ^This.

Just depends on how the fight goes, sometimes you get annoying rings that are almost unavoidable while jumping over beams, sometimes you don't. The beams are still kind of iffy though, jump over early and you probably won't get hit, it can look like you clear the beam but somehow you get hit 20% of the time.
    thats because ppl fail to understand basic game system
    for the system you are in the place you started at untill you land
    so it seem can seem like u clear the jump but the beam hit where u stood before u land so u took damage
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    thats because ppl fail to understand basic game system
    for the system you are in the place you started at untill you land
    so it seem can seem like u clear the jump but the beam hit where u stood before u land so u took damage
    Nonsense. This is purely a lag issue. If you jump down a cliff you're not staying at your original position until you land.

Deleted
    You can apparently have a priest levitate you and the lasers wont deal any damage, just gotta watch out for those damn discs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The levitate trick was removed in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therosk View Post
    Nonsense. This is purely a lag issue. If you jump down a cliff you're not staying at your original position until you land.
    This isn't nonsense, when your character jumps, as far as ground based mechanics are concerned, the game registers your original position until you land, which is why jumping out of the fire or disengaging on a hunter will sometimes still allow mechanics to tick, even when your character's animation shows you having cleared the obstacle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therosk View Post
    It's not nonsense. It's why people would get hit by boss abilities, Hodir spring to mind, if they jumped into freeze circles and not moved in. Jumping off a cliff and jumping on a flat surface are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    This isn't nonsense, when your character jumps, as far as ground based mechanics are concerned, the game registers your original position until you land, which is why jumping out of the fire or disengaging on a hunter will sometimes still allow mechanics to tick, even when your character's animation shows you having cleared the obstacle.
    This isn't true, and has never been true. It's repeated ad nauseum and is so clearly false it's unbelievable. Things tick after you jump out of them because the game is terribly slow to react to changes in acceleration, regardless if that's blink, charge, heroic leap, walking, strafing, jumping, or whatever. Things tick extra times whether you walk out of them or jump out of them, and they're exactly the same.

The urban legend just comes from people jumping into or out of something at the last second, dying in mid-air, and then imagining it must be jumping that killed them and not the fact that they would've died no matter how they tried to move at that point because they were already too late.

I don't know how people think the game treats jumping as magically teleporting between 2 ground coordinates with nothing in between and think that's a reasonable assumption for how games work. It's absurd.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2013-05-19 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally! I just killed him after ~500 total attempts! No external buffs. Just my Battle Shout and Flask of Winter's Bite! My one-shot macro used:

/cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Rallying Cry
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Die by the Sword
    /use Potion of Brawler's Might
    /cast Dragon Roar
    /cast Staggering Shout

I pop this when Disruptron hits 35%. After a few quick hits, he should be down to 20% rather fast. I executed him from there for 1.4 mil and he died instantly. My jaw hit the floor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    It's not nonsense. It's why people would get hit by boss abilities, Hodir spring to mind, if they jumped into freeze circles and not moved in. Jumping off a cliff and jumping on a flat surface are different.
    No. Why would they add special coding like that? That makes no sense at all and nothing supports that idea.

The server knows when the boss ability is cast much sooner than you and it also receives your "jump" command later than you think. What people describe here is lag, nothing else. It may only be a dozen milliseconds, but that's already enough if you're close to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Namso View Post
    You can charge right through lasers without getting hit by them.
    That's not true, got hit by them several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    That's not true, got hit by them several times.
    I've done it dozens of times. No damage taken whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Namso View Post
    I've done it dozens of times. No damage taken whatsoever.
    You can because the lasers phase in and out extremely rapidly, if you get lucky and charge through as they are fully phased out, they aren't going to hit you. I'm not sure how you charged through dozens of times without getting hit without even knowing why, but the lasers WILL hit you if you charge them while they are full red.

Deleted
    its been bugged since 5.2, gm confirmed it when i talked with him about it. the beams hit too high sometimes, the levitate fix broke it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    You can because the lasers phase in and out extremely rapidly, if you get lucky and charge through as they are fully phased out, they aren't going to hit you. I'm not sure how you charged through dozens of times without getting hit without even knowing why, but the lasers WILL hit you if you charge them while they are full red.
    I'm not sure, but every time I Charged through the laser I never got hit. Even going through a set of them didn't hurt me.

Deleted
    Hi, I registered here to tell you I finally killed it last night aswell, after a lot (a LOT!) of attempts.

So relieved

Used Enraged Speed glyph which was wonderful tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedoosh View Post

Used Enraged Speed glyph which was wonderful tbh.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!