Deleted

[WW] Best time to use Xuen?

I know Xuen does more damage when under the effects of bloodlust/potions/agi procs however I have to ask, Does Xuen get any benefit from our Tigereye brew? Should I try to use Xuen on a 10 stack proc when I have rune?

Xuen pulls all stats (crit, haste, attack power, Agility are the relevant ones) and uses them for himself, but he does not pull percent damage modifiers like Tigereye Brew, Jin'Rokh pools, Primal Nutriment, stuff of that nature. Bloodlust, potions, and procs all give pure stats so Xuen will take those, but he does update dynamically so if you use him 5 seconds before Bloodlust, he'll still get the benefits of your bloodlust because once you get it he'll gain 30% haste as well. Because he updates dynamically, any time you'll get the full 45 seconds of use out of him (i.e. not at the end of a Megaera head or before a Wind Storm or Lei Shen transition) is worth pressing the button, any stats you may or may not gain during the whole 45 seconds will be added to him, although you might want to line it up with Bloodlust because that's a whole 40 seconds.

Deleted
    Thank's for clearing that up for me, I was under the impression that the stats weren't dynamically updated however as he's a summoned "guardian" not a full time pet.

Sorry for necro-ing an old thread, but I'm trying to fine-tune some damage and was trying to determine if I should summon Xuen at ten stacks of TeB. I was -always- under the impression that he snapshots stats. I saw this post, and wondered if I missed an update to him. As I look around the web, however, I keep seeing others repeat that he snapshots, and that you need to wait until -after- things like Bloodlust.

So, -has- there been an update. I've read around here enough to know that Totaltotemic keeps up on stuff, so I don't want to dismiss this out of hand, but I just can't find anything that indicates that Xuen does anything -but- snapshot your stats upon summoning him.

Totaltotemic is still correct in that Xuen does not snapshot. He updates dynamically and this is easily tested on a dummy yourself. As he goes on to say, TeB does not effect Xuen - only direct stat boosts.

Does anyone have any info on Xuen Thok chasing and how much of an impact that has on his dps.

I am often unsure of when to 2nd xuen during that fight if Xuen becomes available during a kiting phase.

Since Xuen isn't much faster than any melee dps (except his jumps), he becomes pretty much worthless after Thok got 4 Stacks. You should rather use him in the screech phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    Does anyone have any info on Xuen Thok chasing and how much of an impact that has on his dps.

I am often unsure of when to 2nd xuen during that fight if Xuen becomes available during a kiting phase.
    I use it at the start and during the 3rd screech phase when he's going to eat his current NPC Target.
    Also, after the first fixate you can stick a clone onto him and go beat on the Jailer until Thok is done with 3 more fixates. After that your clone will tail him unable to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    Also, after the first fixate you can stick a clone onto him and go beat on the Jailer until Thok is done with 3 more fixates. After that your clone will tail him unable to hit.
    As you say, SEF while killing the jailer. Cancel SEF when jailer dies, then spam CJL/SFB(glyphed).