Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

rogue hemmorhage\backstab macro ?

is there anything like that ?

#showtooltip
    /cast Backstab
    /cast [mod:shift] Hemorrhage

Should work. I don't think positional requirements are possible in macros. I simply bind hemo to q and backstab to e though.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    #showtooltip
    /cast Backstab

Should work. I don't think positional requirements are possible in macros. I simply bind hemo to q and backstab to e though.
    Too long bro, clean it up like this

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Backstab;Hemorrhage
    /startattack

Make sure you unbind it on the menu if ever its being used as default or else the macro wont work.

You can replace /startattack with /cast [nostance:1]stealth, but never place both at the same time. Only choose one.
    Well, if you want shift then make it [mod:shift], not writing it means any mod will do.

I am actually doing a research if position condition macro is possible, they seem to have not implemented it. Share your knowledge if ever you find one, I also need it.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-05-19 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Positional reqs aren't allowed, no. You can't make 1 button (singular, no modifiers) to do either backstab or hemo based on your ability to backstab.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Positional reqs aren't allowed, no. You can't make 1 button (singular, no modifiers) to do either backstab or hemo based on your ability to backstab.
    That's my complain, why did they not implement it and what's their reasoning for making it illegal? I was born stubborn and I am proud of it. I want such macro and I want it NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    That's my complain, why did they not implement it and what's their reasoning for making it illegal? I was born stubborn and I am proud of it. I want such macro and I want it NOW.
    Because then all the shitty rogues would make a macro that would backstab when you can, and hemo when you can't, and continue to faceroll mash 1 button.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Because then all the shitty rogues would make a macro that would backstab when you can, and hemo when you can't, and continue to faceroll mash 1 button.
    But I have this: Assassination Night Stalker Build (2min CD macro)
    5 sec burst (6 sec with cloak of shadow or scape trink)

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod]Slice and Dice;reset=target/120 Vendetta,Ambush,Expose Armor,Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Conquest,Vanish,Ambush,Rupture,Marked for Death,Envenom
    /cast [nostance:1]Stealth

or the basic subterfuge macro
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod]Slice and Dice;reset=target Cheap Shot,Garrote,Ambush,Rupture
    /cast Pick Pocket

Doesn't this make me a noob who is face rolling smashing one button? What's the difference? None, they should just implement the positional condition macro.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-05-20 at 04:56 AM.

That's like using a bot. I mean, it's not that difficult to look at the screen.

Back on topic, no it's not possible to make a macro like that and it's illegal to use one - mostly because wow engine won't let you do one, so you would need to use third-party softwares which is against the ToS.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

[U]But I have this

<snip>

Doesn't this make me a noob who is face rolling smashing one button? What's the difference? None, they should just implement the positional condition macro.
    Do you want an honest answer ? Or the polite one ?

But I have this: Assassination Night Stalker Build (2min CD macro)
    5 sec burst (6 sec with cloak of shadow or scape trink)

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod]Slice and Dice;reset=target/120 Vendetta,Ambush,Expose Armor,Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Conquest,Vanish,Ambush,Rupture,Marked for Death,Envenom

or the basic subterfuge macro
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod]Slice and Dice;reset=target Cheap Shot,Garrote,Ambush,Rupture
    /cast Pick Pocket

Yes it does. But I doubt you faceroll anyone. Cast sequence macros are absolutely terrible.

Edit: Should try Rift out if you want an MMO where you can put all your abilities into only a couple macros.
    Last edited by Yendig; 2013-05-20 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too long bro, clean it up like this

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Backstab;Hemorrhage
    /startattack

Make sure you unbind it on the menu if ever its being used as default or else the macro wont work.

You can replace /startattack with /cast [nostance:1]stealth, but never place both at the same time. Only choose one.
    Well, if you want shift then make it [mod:shift], not writing it means any mod will do.

I am actually doing a research if position condition macro is possible, they seem to have not implemented it. Share your knowledge if ever you find one, I also need it.
    You can just add a combat conditional before the stealth.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nocombat] stealth
    /cast [mod, combat] backstab; hemorrhage
    /startattack [combat]

Deleted
    Sorry, both abilities are on global cooldown. If the 1st ability cannot be casted, the macro won't jump to the 2nd. Also if the 1st ability can be casted, it will keep casting it and will never move to the 2nd.

WoW's macro system isn't very useful imo but w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    WoW's macro system isn't very useful imo but w/e.
    You are so wrong and you don't even know it...

If you have a Nostromo N52 or many other similar devices (such as a Logitech keyboard) you can macro a button to try to activate backstab (say, "4") and then, a tenth of a second later or so, try to activate hemo (say, "2"). This will give you the effect you want with the following caveats:

1)- It's against the rules to automate events such as this. You probably won't be caught, but this is technically game automation, and is bannable
    2)- The forced delay could make you delay your global by a very slight amount at times.

You can argue that this shouldn't be illegal, but if it were to be legal, Blizzard would likely just compress the moves into a single button that does extra damage when used from behind. This would lose a lot of the depth of the live versions (hemo dot, for instance makes pressing hemo from behind a dps gain if it is not up, or spamming hemo for slightly faster combo points or backstab for more overall damage, and more burst).

In any event, automations such as this are essentially never actioned, even though they are trivial to detect from Blizzard's side. It isn't out of line to simply map the two buttons together and smack one immediately after another if you aren't sure you're behind or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    If you have a Nostromo N52 or many other similar devices (such as a Logitech keyboard) you can macro a button to try to activate backstab (say, "4") and then, a tenth of a second later or so, try to activate hemo (say, "2"). This will give you the effect you want with the following caveats:

1)- It's against the rules to automate events such as this. You probably won't be caught, but this is technically game automation, and is bannable
    2)- The forced delay could make you delay your global by a very slight amount at times.

You can argue that this shouldn't be illegal, but if it were to be legal, Blizzard would likely just compress the moves into a single button that does extra damage when used from behind. This would lose a lot of the depth of the live versions (hemo dot, for instance makes pressing hemo from behind a dps gain if it is not up, or spamming hemo for slightly faster combo points or backstab for more overall damage, and more burst).

In any event, automations such as this are essentially never actioned, even though they are trivial to detect from Blizzard's side. It isn't out of line to simply map the two buttons together and smack one immediately after another if you aren't sure you're behind or not.
    It is actually legal. A keyboard macro attempting to press 2 buttons at the same time is an extremely simple feature and even if it's not allowed by Blizzard, you can't get caught with it, lol.

Also, you can attempt this macro with a free program called Autohotkey downloadable from the web, you don't need some fancy ass expensive keyboard.

Ofcourse the setup isn't recommended as the macro will be failing quite a bit as Verain said.

#showtooltip
    /cast Backstab

That macro won't work. It will cast backstab and if you aren't behind the target, it will give you a "you need to be behind your target" error and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You are so wrong and you don't even know it...
    Macros are limited only to certain extend.
    As soon as you chain together too many abilities in 1 macro you remove the fluid control.
    It's one thing to have macros to say shadowstep to diff targets (w/o clicking) and etc, and another to full of 5 abilities in a row with a gcd.
    It means either you won't be able to react to things or you will break out of macro.

Most macros i use are modifier ones to merge multiple actions in only one button.

Macros are also useful to chain cooldowns (if needed) and to use "on use" trinkets without a dedicated button for them.

Anyway, everytime you're using a /castsequence macro, you're sacrificing flexibility over simplicity. If they control you over a macro spam, your cycle is dead as you are. If you manage to use your class (it's not a rogue-only thing) without relying over a /castsequence, then you'll be able to react in the situations where the things don't go as you planned.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

You cannot make a macro think for itself in an if then scenario. You can bind both abilitys and have one use a modifier to use the 2nd ability instead but you cannot have a macro think for you basicly
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

When it comes to PvP you can just use swords/maces/axes/fist you can't use then backstab and you have no need for anyway and you are able to keep up happy hemo spam ;]
    damage is more or less that same but without gimicky backstab

ps: i would advise you to NOT put hemo and stab on that same button- like 1 for hemo mod1 for stab or vice versa, do something like 1 for hemo and 2 for stab - it might not be true for you but it is easier and faster for me that way and so migh be that same true for you - just check it out yourself