The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    What Venziir said pretty much sums it very nicely, if I do say so myself
    Thank you kindly

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I fully agree with you, garrosh would need to do something really bad for me to side with those filthy rebels.
    Here are few examples:
    - Becoming best friend with anduin wrynn - this would call for instant extermination
    - If its revealed that his big ugly secret under org is shaohao hentai collection - and that asshole didnt shared with his loyal subjects
    - Garrosh becoming Brony
    - Garrosh descending into madness and banning usage of pants
    - Having sex with aggra - thats just disgusting
    - Negotiating peace with alliance.
    Here blizzard you have ideas.
    Garrosh has tried to kill you more than once, and did put a bounty on your head while you were in Ashenvale.... Just saying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its as I say so often, people need to stop considering there characters as lore characters in wow. They are not lore characters, and there actions can not seriously be considered canon, as they are just the token nameless 'adventurer' the quest givers keep refering to, thats nothing more then a backup, like the troops and grunts in WC3.
    yet its always the player that is termed "heroes of Azeroth" and accomplsishes the biggest acheievements
    All the dailies and content paint the picture of NPCs being pathetic and only accomplishing anything because the player helped them out

Because thats kinda the point of WoW, to make the player feel like a hero

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Like... why are we even allowed in Orgrimmar when we have openly aided the rebellion? Shouldn't we be on some most wanted list?
    Mostly for gameplay reasons

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Garrosh has tried to kill you more than once, and did put a bounty on your head while you were in Ashenvale.... Just saying.
    He threatnd to put a bounty on your head
    And if the Dagger in the Dark was meant to oust us, why did we go back under Vol'jins orders to say the "death" was a "success" to the Warchief?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-20 at 07:15 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yet its always the player that is termed "heroes of Azeroth" and accomplsishes the biggest acheievements
    All the dailies and content paint the picture of NPCs being pathetic and only accomplishing anything because the player helped them out
    That is nothing more then a means to make the player feel like there more integral to the story then they actually are.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Thank you kindly

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

Many people did, if i held grudge for that i would be really lonely person.

And dreknar stop using common sense by saying that since we report to garrosh AFTER dagger in dark and interact with him for a rest of 5.1 questline he didnt ordered us to be assasinated. Your argument makes dangerously too much sense.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-05-20 at 07:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Many people did, if i held grudge for that i would be really lonely person.

And dreknar stop using common sense by saying that since we report to garrosh AFTER dagger in dark and interact with him for a rest of 5.1 questline he didnt ordered us to be assasinated. Your argument makes dangerously too much sense.
    There's a difference - many people have indeed tried to kill your character yes, however this isn't just "random villain number 17 from the left" - it's YOUR boss. And if you'd stop licking Dreknarks boots for a second, you'd realise that Garrosh cares little about you. The fact still remains, his top assassin and his henchmen attacked you the second after "killing" Vol'jin - for no apparent reason, which clearly means that it was an order.

Yes, you still report back to Garrosh - however, don't you think that he suspects something? His top assassin never reports back, instead *you* do, granted afterwards you help him (kinda) reclaim an artifact, which could suggest that he gave you the benefit of doubt. However, it surely wouldn't surprise me if when Garrosh realizes the character/heroes role in the rebellion - that he makes it clear that he knew all along.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 08:08 PM ----------

That is nothing more then a means to make the player feel like there more integral to the story then they actually are.
    Oh and this obviously.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but are they not integral?
    They accomplish the greatest deeds and accomplishments. Most of the content is dedicated to make the player feel like this all-encompasing hero

Like you turn in dailies and they usually say stuff like "omgz such an impossible task and yet you did it - how awsome you must be"

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 08:21 PM ----------

. And if you'd stop licking Dreknarks boots for a second
    so very helpful
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-20 at 08:20 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    That's why I like him. He has flaws, unlike mary sue Varian and Jesus Anduin.
    Being "bad" isn't a flaw. He's still an entirely 1-dimensional character. Good character design involves someone with arcs, self-conflicting moral choices, etc.

Garrosh always does the same thing. He's predictable (aka, 1-dimensional).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you'd realise that Garrosh cares little about you.
    He cares enough to have saved our lives once

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference - many people have indeed tried to kill your character yes, however this isn't just "random villain number 17 from the left" - it's YOUR boss. And if you'd stop licking Dreknarks boots for a second, you'd realise that Garrosh cares little about you. The fact still remains, his top assassin and his henchmen attacked you the second after "killing" Vol'jin - for no apparent reason, which clearly means that it was an order.

Yes, you still report back to Garrosh - however, don't you think that he suspects something? His top assassin never reports back, instead *you* do, granted afterwards you help him (kinda) reclaim an artifact, which could suggest that he gave you the benefit of doubt. However, it surely wouldn't surprise me if when Garrosh realizes the character/heroes role in the rebellion - that he makes it clear that he knew all along.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 08:08 PM ----------

Oh and this obviously.
    If he dont trust me then why dont he erm... execute me ? On spot ? There were quite a few guards around. And during climax of 5.1 i was surrounded by kor'kron malkorok and garrosh. And guess what ??? I was honorary guest. So i guess your "completely unbiased and fact approved" opinion isnt completely true. Btw i don't lick dreknars boots !!! I lick his feet and that big diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    That's why I like him. He has flaws, unlike mary sue Varian and Jesus Anduin.
    Did you really name Varian Mary Sue when he was written, and vehemently attacked by players, because of his many character flaws and poor decisions? Sure, you can still hate Varian, but really?

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 08:33 PM ----------

- Garrosh becoming Brony
    Someone's going to do a drawing with some pony tattoos on Garrosh now. You have only yourself to blame.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    That would be so cool if you had the option to fight by his side - and then horde and alliance would be enemy flagged to you... Like you could even anti-raid, you would randomly be added to a normal raid of the place (horde/alliance) and your would be like an npc roaming the halls. The NPCs would not bother you and all be green flagged, but the other 10/25 players would be rad flagged enemies, lol - you could even maybe control some npcs and pull them into the group. Haha - that is way too cool for Blizz to ever implement.
    They should have done this for dks in icecrown citadel I did not want to betray the Lich king

for no apparent reason, which clearly means that it was an order.
    You are obviously blind if you didnt notice the reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be several reasons. When Garrosh whispered to his assassin, he could of said something like "Take out that troll... and anyone else you feel like murdering". Or it could have been that since you killed his right hand man, he sees you as a more powerful tool to use to his advantage, and since you seem like a thick skulled individual that is unaware that you were almost assassinated, he's going to exploit it.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    They should have done this for dks in icecrown citadel I did not want to betray the Lich king
    And why not? The Lich King betrayed you, the sole reason for your existance as a Death Knight was to die at Light's Hope to draw out Tirion.

And why not? The Lich King betrayed you, the sole reason for your existance as a Death Knight was to die at Light's Hope to draw out Tirion.
    He was already willing to die for his master. Its just light that corrupted his mind.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was already willing to die for his master. Its just light that corrupted his mind.
    Nope - it was the return of his own free will.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thanks to Vol'jin because that failure didnt want to die alone so he acted like your best friend so that the assassin kills you too. Damn I hate him so much.
    The moment when you had to click on Vol'Jin to make a "blood brofist" with him... I'm so ashamed of myself...

Don't worry tho, he is the final boss of SoO, Garrosh will lead us against this martyr wannabe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The moment when you had to click on Vol'Jin to make a "blood brofist" with him... I'm so ashamed of myself...

Don't worry tho, he is the final boss of SoO, Garrosh will lead us against this martyr wannabe.
    And that's a kind of situation where having AIDS is good thing. Enjoy your blood-oath vol'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why so much hate for Vol'jin? Personally I like the character, however I don't think he'll be the warchief. I remember when Blizzard announced the final patch of MoP, they said that the warchief won't be who you think it will. So that throws Thrall out of the picture, Vol'jin is unlikely, so I'm guessing it will be either Baine or Lorth'remar or w/e his name was.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's a kind of situation where having AIDS is good thing. Enjoy your blood-oath vol'jin.
    making jokes about people with aids now? this is the extent of your humor?
    #boycottchina