Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did you read the rest of his post though? :P

Commenting on or refuting all kinds of weird anecdotal evidence or wild exaggerations gets boring after 1000th time when people don't include key details like "oh yeah, it's all on ultra except shadows and few other things". Besides Killora did it already.

Can say for myself I'm currently playing with 2500k on totally stock speeds and 600ti with the big slider pushed to ultra which means every single setting is maxed out except AA (texture filtering) which is at 2x on 1920x1080 screen. In 25man heroic raids the minimum fps is 15ish (on Tortos with few packs of bats, turtles, falling rock and all spell effects going on) and average is around 40-45. 15 is less than I'm comfortable with, but there really isn't anything that can be done about it besides turning off addons and I need all my 50+ addons... Or at least most of 'em

edit: my 2500k is not overclocked because Asus P8P67pro's VRM's blew up on me destroying the processor with it at stock speed. RMA'd both and sold the Asus board away. And now I'm afraid to try with the new CPU and ASRock Z77 Extreme4 which supposedly shouldn't be used to OC SB's :P
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-05-21 at 08:12 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    I only give a damn about what i get in 25 man intensive raiding.
    To be clear, that is the one place that the Intel shines, and the AMD fails. Most CPU's can get max (60) fps in dead zones and low populated areas. Its the raids where the CPU really comes into play. So, really, "Max fps" and "25 man performance" are synonymous.

the i5 3470 only manages minimums of around 26-34 FPS so i wouldn't think the 3570K would be a whole lot better but maybe another 10% when overclocked
    I can't speak for the 3470, but I left my 3570K at stock for several months before I got a cooler and overclocked it.

In 25 raids like Tortos

Stock: Bottom at 25fps, top at about 40, Average 30-35. Notably, heat got into the 60s and low 70s.
    Overclocked: Bottom at 40, top at 60, average about 55. Heat never goes abot 55.

So I mean.. That's about a 60% increase. It's not about how many FPS you 'get', it's about how many fps you don't LOSE in raids.

EDIT: I'm fighting Horridon as we speak, and sitting at solid 60. Not even dipping down to 59.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Yeah, it's an interesting question, because we still know relatively little about Steamroller. If you feel you need an upgrade, I'd recommend the Haswell and z87 motherboard, which will run you about $350.
    I agree with this recommendation. The rig is otherwise fairly good, and you've got a decent power supply which is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't say any negative at all about the idea of switching to an intel rig as I just did that earlier this year going from a FX 4170 to an i5-3570k and absolutely love the results I have gotten from it. It really all boils down to how much you want to spend OP.

I can't recall off the top of my head the phase count for your board and if an 8350 would be ok with it. I know its compatible, but I'm thinking more for OC'ing purposes. If you want to save a little $$$ you could just get a 6300 or 6350 and oc that and be gtg. If the phase count is high enough 6+1 I think, please someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, then by all means go 8350 or -20. If you dont mind spending the extra and want to replace the mobo and cpu then yeah, def wait for haswell and go bat shit crazy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OC your gpu perhaps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    OC your gpu perhaps?
    won't help much if the cpu is the thing holding his wow performance back. (for other games a gpu overclock can make a minor performance gain)