Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is we'll be dealing with the legion until 100. Then we'll go after Azshara after that at (get this) 105 or 110.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    My guess is we'll be dealing with the legion until 100. Then we'll go after Azshara after that at (get this) 105 or 110.
    Doubtful that we'd deal with Azshara AFTER the Legion. The Legion would more than likely be the "end" of WoW. I don't see Blizzard going past level 100 with this game.

My guess; Azshara/Naga/Undermine expansion 90-95. Legion expansion 95-100
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-05-19 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Doubtful that we'd deal with Azshara AFTER the Legion. The Legion would more than likely be the "end" of WoW. I don't see Blizzard going past level 100 with this game.

Theyre already planning/developing 2 more expansions after the next one. -.- Defend the legion from azeroth. Find Azshara. Or not. At this point i could care less about her. She hasnt done anything wrong lately imo. Probably wont even be an expansion on her. Go to argus or wherever and finish the legion. Not brain science. Wrathion already said the legion was coming to azeroth. And him foreshadowing the future isnt even over. Theres still another or maybe two more patches of him telling us how were all gonna die to demons and green fire.

Why. We could fight the Legion twice. Level 100 is just a number, it can go higher and Blizzard has ideas for Emerald Dream expansion and even an expansion back in time. They've even said it themselves in fact...

Do we have a solidified plan for future expansions I can share? Not yet, but consider that 100 is just a number.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424796717#7
    And there's a greater multi-verse outside of that one planet. We went to a different place in the Burning Crusade expansion and we can easily do that again, there's other dimensions, the Emerald Dream to explore. We have the mechanic with the Caverns of Time we're talking about what if we made an expansion that was all back in time. Let players play at the height of the Night Elf civilization, for example, that would be a cool expansion. So I'm not worried about running out of ideas any time soon.
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ts-Patch-4-3.5

they'll regret it if they decide not to go with the legion. They need to stop the rot, the legion is the main arc to WoW, time to bring it back.

Or they can bring in another random unexpected xpac filled with 100's of dailies and lose more subs.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And to think someone told me most don't believe the Legion will end WoW.

Blizz has never said the Legion ends WoW. In fact, they have repeatedly said they have no plans to end WoW. 100 is just a number to them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Too early to call the next expansion but my money is on burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    They'll regret it if they decide not to go with the legion. They need to stop the rot, the legion is the main arc to WoW, time to bring it back.

Or they can bring in another random unexpected xpac filled with 100's of dailies and lose more subs.
    Oh gawd yes. What a great succinct statement.. random pandas filled w/ 100's, 1000's of dailies, the shining pride of Chilton back in beta last year, and we see how that turned out.. rofl ;D

All these dailies man. "HEY GUIZE DIS IS THE HIGH POINT TO OUR EXPANSHIUN. U LOGIN EVRY DEY & DO DAILIES - THER ALWAYS MOAR TO DO " It's just like.. what? I don't even.
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-05-20 at 01:30 AM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pandara with Wrathion, where he shows Azeroth being hit by green meteors
    Part of Chapter One, or finishing up Chapter One.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Why. We could fight the Legion twice. Level 100 is just a number, it can go higher and Blizzard has ideas for Emerald Dream expansion and even an expansion back in time. They've even said it themselves in fact...
    Fighting the Legion twice would be pretty damn redundant.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in WoW gets off on fighting demons.

10+ Year Old Account

The thing is, we didn't actually DEFEAT the demons. All we really did was halt them in outland.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And not everyone thinks your ideas are great. And others dont like you telling them how the games going to be made. You think the legion is going to be completely wiped out in one expansion pack? You're slipping Teriz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The thing is, we didn't actually DEFEAT the demons. All we really did was halt them in outland.
    I realize that. My point is that everyone doesn't want to wallow in a demonic war for 4 years. There's other things to explore and do.

I had a slight revelation upon looking up a Metzen quote for another thread.

What if next Expansion further continues the A v H conflict and brings it to its dark extreme. Where the Horde becomes actually evil, either under the control of that Blackrock Orc (serving the Legion) or under Sylvanas.
    What do you me 'becomes actually evil'? They are already there.

You can't "call" things that like a million people have already "called".

Also, I doubt it. Emerald Dream is all tied up and South Seas is really the dregs of lore.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's because if we did defeat them Warcraft would be over. Unless they had an expansion that was 100% PVP :P

But I do agree that unless Blizzard comes up with a really good spin, a "legion expansion" is going to be really hard to differentiate from BC.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-05-20 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Also, I doubt it. Emerald Dream is all tied up and South Seas is really the dregs of lore.
    Tied up how?

And to think someone told me most don't believe the Legion will end WoW.

Blizz has never said the Legion ends WoW. In fact, they have repeatedly said they have no plans to end WoW. 100 is just a number to them.
    Actually they (Metzen) DID say that Sargeras would most likely be the "final villain" of World of Warcraft. Doesn't mean they won't end WoW... just that he would be the final major villain when they declare an end major expansion development... which will be a LOOONG time from now.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 02:57 AM ----------

I do hear ya... but I think a) we're due for another Demon incursion after Lich King, Deathwing and Pandaria, and b) Sadly, Blizz will most likely want to pander to the "BC, part 2" mentality that the BC fans seem to clamor for in an effort to boost subs.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-05-20 at 02:58 AM.

If it is Emerald Dream, that might be the thing after 8 and a half years to get me to quit...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    they'll regret it if they decide not to go with the legion. They need to stop the rot, the legion is the main arc to WoW, time to bring it back.

...and what makes you believe having an expansion with the legion WON'T have 100's of dallies?

Seriously, having a return of the Legion doesn't automatically make it a "return of Burning Crusade game design" you know, right? If the next expansion is Legion Based - you're still going to have Daily quests, rep grinds, LFD and LFR. It's NOT GOING to be a return to BC GAME DESIGN.

How about this. The Dark Shaman in Ragefire have been cooking up some new bosses for the next raid. Unknown to Garrosh they've also been using the power that he has given them to unleash something even worse. More on that later.

As we get near the Siege, a new npc shows up outside of Org in a hut or something. This is an old orc dressed in robes. We can't tell who he is because he is hunched over with a hood but we can tell that he has white hair. This 'old mystery orc' gives us quests that lead up to the final raid. He continually aids us in setting the stage for the Siege. We grow to trust this orc and it's generally thought that this orc is none other than Saurfang. It would make perfect sense and is logical. Right before the Siege occurs this orc disappears.

After we deal with Garrosh and I'll assume Varian and Thrall stand face to face with the future of both factions hanging in the balance, we hear a sinister laugh from behind. It's the 'old mystery orc'. He slowly walks to the forefront laughing, a malevolent aura surrounding him, and saying something like this:

"You fools. All of this time, scurrying about like puppets on a string. You believed you were helping your people but you were only hastening your own doom. You fought with such determination and bravery to rid the world of this monster that you failed to see the true monster in your midst. You have fought over the scraps of this world while I plot it's destruction. My minions have worked tirelessly to bring about this very day and now you have provided me with the only thing I needed to fulfill my destiny. The rage and fire that exists only in the blood of this true entity of destruction. The blood of a Hellscream!"

He stands before Thrall and Varian and slowly removes his hood. "Behold the face of your doom, for I am Gul'dan Darkness Incarnate and Destroyer of Dreams!"

As Gul'dan reveals his true identity he plunges his staff into the still warm blood of Garrosh. A colossal portal rips the sky open above Orgrimmar and settles to the ground. From this portal streams hundreds of beings...not demons, but Naga and other creatures of the deep. As they stream forward in an attempt to destroy every living being in Orgrimmar, Gul'dan strides through the portal and with a final sneer looks at Varian and laughs mockingly.

"Great King of Stormwind, protector of your people and the Alliance. You who have crossed the sea to depose this Warchief and selfishly claim this land as your own. How can you protect your people with an entire ocean between you? An ocean full of beings with cold hearts and deadly desires. Beings who as of this moment are rising from the depths upon Stormwind's very doorstep to slaughter every man woman and child that you have left behind. How does it feel to come so close to victory yet lose everything? Pride and arrogance, I know these things all too well. I also know the price to be paid for them. Prepare yourself, King of Stormwind, your reckoning is at hand and the price will be very high indeed"

This sets up an epic battle to defeat the Naga in Orgrimmar. Thrall and Varian agree to set aside the war for the moment. Jaina will make a portal to take the Alliance back to Stormwind to save that city. Meanwhile the Naga will invade along the coasts at several other locations around Azeroth.

The Dark Shaman have found the skull of Gul'dan. They promise Garrosh they will create every monstrosity that he wants. Meanwhile they secretly use the artifacts of power that he has given them to bring their master back. Gul'dan will ally with Azshara and the Naga to help bring about the chaos that will prepare the world for the eventual return of the Burning Legion and their promise to give him the power to remake Azeroth. The expansion will include the resurrected Gul'dan, Azshara and whatever secrets may await in the Emerald Dream to help the citizens of Azeroth defeat this new menace. All the while, there will be foreshadowing of the eminent invasion of the Burning Legion and the eventual contact with the Titans themselves.