View Poll Results: Should Crz be optional?

Voters
449. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    305 67.93%
  • No

    144 32.07%

Thread: CRZ optional?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Just trace their history: they no longer play WoW but just like they hate an ex girl friend they can't stop stalking her.
    Forget about their arguments of trying to better the game.

    They don't care, they simply want to destroy the popularity of the game as soon as possible. They don't care about the fans, in fact they hate and agress the fans in mob hunting mode.

    It is a weird and complex mechanism: trash talking a game you once loved to play.

    In every possible way in every negative thread publishing thousands of negative posts.

    CRZ is simply a first step to realm independant play. As such it is fantastic Blizzard could pull this off in a Legacy system.

    And a great way for future development. Instead these guys vomit on it and promoting games which haven't even been published yet (as usual).

    ... these guys have fun trash talking Blizzard, WoW and its fans.

    Rather pathetic.
    You're the one that has stopped playing!

    We wouldn't waste out time talking about WOW if we did not like it, we want to help Blizzard so they do not lose any more players but you won't let us.

    WOW is your ex now, BenBos, we're just trying to help her through a difficult time and make her happy. Let her go...

  2. #142
    Optional or at least optimized. I rerolled from an alliance dominant server like 7:1 to a horde dominant only to get CRZ'd 2 months later into the same situation. No idea if there's any balance involved in CRZ but at the time of leveling 2 alts this expansion, for every horde character encountered, there were 5 alliance, so yeah ... quite a bad fail.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Stop labeling people as "haters"... jeebus.

    It's OK to give opinions to what people feel they can do to improve WoW.

    Here's a reality check for you.... do you like MoP?

    Do you like the changes Blizz made from Cata to MoP?

    GUESS WHO'S FEEDBACK THEY LISTENED TO and combined it with their game-design judgement to MAKE those improvements?

    People who give criticisms, even spiteful ones, can sometimes give valid opinions. Blizz is smart enough to (theoretically) deceminate the vitriol from the valid points.
    You posted 9500 posts in 3 years time. Show me ONE positive post in which you didn't try to convince everyone else that WoW is worse than it used to be. 3000 negative posts a year: how much more do we need to swallow ? ...

    You can't.

    You don't play the game, you are NO longer a fan. Why should we listen to a dude who wants to stop us to enjoy a game we like.

    You simply talk hearsay and you want this game to loose players asap. Even in this thread you stated it already. How pathetic can one be ?

    That's the only conclusion after 9600 negative comments.

    And CRZ is simply just another thread out of these thousands of other negative ones...You support.

    Learn to live with the fact people LIKE this game. You are just another dude stalking a game you once loved.

    Learn and shut up.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-20 at 09:39 PM.

  4. #144
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Should CRz be a optional feature? Like you can enable or disable it in the options menu. To me it seems like there is many benefits from it being optional. Do you guys agree or disagree?

    Also this has nothing to do with PvP.
    OP you mention it has many benefits from being optional however you don't mention any single one of those said benefits? Can you please tell what benefits it is? From my stand point all "benefits" are actually for greedy people. Such as less people fighting over resource nodes, less people fighting over rares. I can't see any standard benefits especially since you said "this has nothing to do with PvP". If you include PvP then it's less likely to get killed while leveling since you don't have the enemies of multiple servers in each zone.

    However from my standpoints we shouldnt fight for rares with other servers or resource node, so they should add a code so they are seperate per server, much like how resource nodes in GW2 are individual (though they are on the same place for all players for the day).

  5. #145
    Brewmaster Olianda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    1,268
    There's no way it could have been optional, aside from having each realm vote and offering free transfers.

    You opt out, but your resources are being taken by those who didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You posted 9500 threads in 3 years time. Show me ONE positive post in which you didn't try to convince everyone else that WoW is worse than it used to be.

    You can't.

    [snip]
    Here's one where I complemented Blizz on dealing with Multiboxers:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post20975726

    Here's one where I complemented Blizz on making the Lich King a very robust character
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20973634

    And I'm going to try to find them... but going back to Pandaria's announcment I was VERY POSITIVE about it, and I also GLADLY embraced LFR and the 3 new dungeon design difficulty over the Cata ones. I also know I was GLOWINGLY loving Darkmoon Isle too!

    Just because you want BELIEVE I don't doesn't mean I haven't... it may surprise you that I do want to love WoW. I've even defended these Daily quests that people are complaining about, talking about how I voluntarily stopped doing all of the min/maxing of dailys back in Cata and had more fun over it.

    So... please... do NOT accuse me of something without actually looking into it. Quite frankly, you just make yourself look like an ass and make people not believe in what you're saying in future...

    EDIT: apparently my post history only goes back to the 1,000. =/
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-05-20 at 10:00 PM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why remove something that is improving the game.
    Deal with it or leave.
    With that attitude, no wonder WoW has lost 1/3 of its subscribers since the end of wrath.

    It doesn't improve the game for everyone. Take certain tight nit communities, especially on RP servers; who ended up with the ero RP they never had, because of CRZ. They had increased harrasment (non-pvp), when before, they got along fine and enjoyed their time in game. Not to mention, when questing, when you have something with a 10% drop rate, limited mobs, and you have 10 people running in circles trying to jump at tagging the creatures ... doesn't make for immersion nor compelling gameplay. Lat but not least, the people with no skill whose only way to engage in world pvp is to face stomp lowbies.

    I'm on a pve server. I'm leveling a new toon. I've rarely had any issues. But I can sympathize with others, unlike some angry alien who misses their planet which doesn't exist any longer.


    Ofc, we could turn it around on Gimlix ...

    Discussion and ideas improve the game.
    Deal with it or leave.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Here's one where I complemented Blizz on dealing with Multiboxers:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post20975726

    Here's one where I complemented Blizz on making the Lich King a very robust character
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post20973634

    And I'm going to try to find them... but going back to Pandaria's announcment I was VERY POSITIVE about it, and I also GLADLY embraced LFR and the 3 new dungeon design difficulty over the Cata ones. I also know I was GLOWINGLY loving Darkmoon Isle too!

    Just because you want BELIEVE I don't doesn't mean I haven't... it may surprise you that I do want to love WoW. I've even defended these Daily quests that people are complaining about, talking about how I voluntarily stopped doing all of the min/maxing of dailys back in Cata and had more fun over it.

    So... please... do NOT accuse me of something without actually looking into it. Quite frankly, you just make yourself look like an ass and make people not believe in what you're saying in future...
    By the sheer fact you could cite 2 neutral posts out of 9540 negative ones, (multi boxers .... Really) I rest my case.

    You should stop pretending you care: you simply hate WoW, admit it. Thousands of negative posts to prove it.

    Why should we care about a person who is no longer a fan or player ?

    Why do you even publish ? Except to spread the word (it is EVEN in your legend).

    Grow up and discuss the games you actually love and play.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-20 at 09:49 PM.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    By the sheer fact you could cite 2 neutral posts out of 9540 negative ones, (multi boxers .... Really) I rest my case.

    You should stop pretending you care: you simply hate WoW, admit it. Thousands of negative posts to prove it.

    Why should we care about a person who is no longer a fan or player ?

    Why do you even publish ? Except to spread the word (it is EVEN in your legend).

    Grow up and discuss the games you actually love and play.
    Yeah you're right!

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post


    I took the annual pass too and I think Blizzard made a bad move there ... As I STOPPED playing WoW and only play D3 since one year now.



    Diablo 3 in hardcore is a far far better game than WoW to me...

  10. #150
    Wrong attitude fellow.

    I am still subscribed to WoW and play it.

    Although I find D3 the better game for me.

    It shows WoW haters will do anything to discredit the fans.

    The huge difference is that you hate Blizzard with a vengeance and wants a camouflage to trash talk it.

    I will never do that as I am honest, you are not, obviously.

    In fact: I think you are a strange person trying to vomit over the games we play and this on a fan forum.

    I would advice you to stop hurting Blizzard fans.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-20 at 10:04 PM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Just trace these "hate boys" history: they no longer play WoW but just like they hate an ex girl friend they can't stop stalking her.
    Forget about their arguments of trying to better the game.

    They don't care, they simply want to destroy the popularity of the game as soon as possible. They don't care about the fans, in fact they hate and agress the fans in mob hunting mode.

    It is a weird and complex mechanism: trash talking a game you once loved to play.

    In every possible way in every negative thread publishing thousands of negative posts.

    CRZ is simply a first step to realm independant play. As such it is fantastic Blizzard could pull this off in a Legacy system.

    And a great way for future development. Instead these guys vomit on it and promoting games which haven't even been published yet (as usual).

    ... these guys have fun trash talking Blizzard, WoW and its fans on what is SUPPOSED to be a fan forum...

    Rather pathetic.
    You have a very flawed view on reality, if you think criticism = hate, and when you love something you have to champion everything about it.

    Look, I LOVE my wife ... that doesn't mean I think she shits diamonds, nor does she think I shit marshmallows. If you blindly love something, and cannot see its flaws, that is more of infatuation or obsession, not love.

    You can love something despite its flaws, you can discuss the flaws and work to improve on them. To use a more material comparison ... let's say I get one of my dream cars ... someone tries to inform me it was idling poorly; I wouldn't just deny it and say it is perfect, haters gtfo ... I'd inquire why someone else thought the idle was off, even though I'm adjusted to it, or thought it was something else, like an aggressive cam. If I'm too infatuated, I could end up hurting the thing I love, because I can't fathom it isn't perfect the way it is ... instead of listening to criticism and improving it, making it better for me and its longevity.

    Not great on analogies, but you get my drift.

    Fans are allowed to disagree with design decisions and feature implementations. The best example was Blizz and the RealID. They wanted your real name on forum posts. The outcry was huge, and it was also a privacy nightmare waiting to happen. Now we have Bnet tags ... which is what the thing should've been to begin with.

    Many more people would've rather them have heirlooms truly be Bind to Account, not server, than this crap. You can't tell me that it was easier to do this, than a global bank for BtAs? You know, similar to the one in D3? To the one in Tera?

    There is room for lots of criticism, and it is healthy to not have a bunch of 'yes, man's running around. Nothing progresses that way, nor does anyone stop a train wreck, because obviously the conductor knows best, always.

    Hell, I wish they were better at filtering out the great ideas and implementing them. I wish they played other MMOs and stole their ideas, like the stole the idea for the game in the first place. SWtOR having a separate quest item storage, so your bags don't get full ... having most items stack to 99 (questing earlier and an item you needed 40 of, stacked only to 20. Changing little things, makes a huge difference. Stacks of 100 for some, 1000 for others just makes sense ... having a quest item storage is great for the player. Having storage in the game in general big enough for long time players would be great. Ask how many 5+ year players have deleted a ton of crap they wish they hadn't, because storage is an issue, especially when you really like the art or the on use.


    But, your way, no one would ever say anything but praises. The best game ever!!! Even if I believed that, it doesn't mean it can't improve. That is simple as I can put it.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    By the sheer fact you could cite 2 neutral posts out of 9540 negative ones, (multi boxers .... Really) I rest my case.

    You should stop pretending you care: you simply hate WoW, admit it. Thousands of negative posts to prove it.

    Why should we care about a person who is no longer a fan or player ?

    Why do you even publish ? Except to spread the word (it is EVEN in your legend).

    Grow up and discuss the games you actually love and play.
    Dude - I participate a hell of a lot more on the Off Topic forums than the General chat forums these days. Please don't ad-hominem me without knowing a damn thing. Actually, don't even ad-hominem me period...

    I was just sighting the direclty complementary ones - two quick ones I found... there's a BUNCH of others I could locate had I had access to the 4000 previous other posts and what-not.

    So, please, debate my topics - don't do lazy ad-hominems. It's not proving anything except making you look VERY desperate to find counter even my VERY basic points and, honestly, if I had the time to dig through and post every one of them just to have you hand-wave dismiss them using some weird insane dementia of yours.

    If I could, i would go back and showcase my surprise and delight upon finding about Darkmoon Isle and LFR. I'd link to you my theorycrafting posts about Warcraft IV implementation with a WOW expansion, or Archaeology discussions of what they could add.

    Reading what you wrote is an absolute insult to what a fan is, and is - quite frankly - very shameful and embarrassing that you're taking such an attitude towards debate. Debate my points - don't try to say "I don't care about WoW" via some "rah Rah" post-measuring contest.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Wrong attitude fellow.

    I am still subscribed to WoW and play it.

    Although I find D3 the better game for me.

    It shows WoW haters will do anything to discredit the fans.
    Hmm, so you were lying in the post I just quoted then? If you are still playing why did you post your reasons in "Thread: Question to people who quit the game?"

    On a serious note whether you agree or not people dislike CRZ and some of them have/will quit over it why are you so bothered that those people who dislike it are given the option to disable it until such a time as it is ready to be able to give those players all the benefits of a fully populated server without all the current downsides?

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You have a very flawed view on reality, if you think criticism = hate, and when you love something you have to champion everything about it.

    Look, I LOVE my wife ... that doesn't mean I think she shits diamonds, nor does she think I shit marshmallows. [snip]
    If my wife did that I wouldn't think that would make her perfect... I'd take her to a Doctor. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    How about Blizzard actually believing in their long-forgotten philosophy of "We will release something when it's ready"?

    People warned Blizz about CRZ... and when it came out, BLAM - horrible... That's nice that you believe it has potential, as indeed Elder Scrolls Online is launching WITH THAT POTENTIAL ALREADY IN PLACE, on top of the idea that it will initially segregate players based on playstyles as well via questionares. The deal is Blizz should pull CRZ right now and re-implement it when it's READY... not before.
    There are some hurdles that Blizzard needs to resolve but has no bearing for ES:O. For example, unique names (some ppl says they will quit if they loose their name), AH disaprities (for some servers, 1k is still a lot of money even at level 90), lost of revenue from server transfer (I'm fairly certain this is taken into consideration, not that I agree with it), recruitment/chat channel nightmare (imagine your /2 refreshes itself once every 0.1 second), etc. ES:O does not need to worry about any of these since it's got a clean slate.

    I personally do not believe the CR everything tech is not ready... I believe it has more to do with how to actually make this happen without more customers going nuts over it (and Blizz CEO's bank account going down). I still think a single server WoW will be better than the multiple server now. So I think instead of having the community talk about trashing the feature (which is pretty much all there is when it comes to CRZ), the community should contribute to solutions of the problems standing in the way of a single server wow.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Yeah you're right!
    Best... zing... ever, calling him out on his own post. ^_^
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Hmm, so you were lying in the post I just quoted then? If you are still playing why did you post your reasons in "Thread: Question to people who quit the game?"

    On a serious note whether you agree or not people dislike CRZ and some of them have/will quit over it why are you so bothered that those people who dislike it are given the option to disable it until such a time as it is ready to be able to give those players all the benefits of a fully populated server without all the current downsides?
    As I said: you and the well known others - like mvallas and his eternal 9600 posts, seek every opportunity to inject negativity in EVERY thread you post.

    CRZ is a first step in a realm independant MMO. You know that very well, but it would hurt "the cause" to admit it.

    That cause being the spreading of negativity over WoW, Blizzard and the fans.

    Introducing a seamless open world across different realms in REAL time is a fabulous technical undertaking in such a Legacy system of WoW.

    Discussing things like nodes and too many players is trivial in this respect. And referring to unpublished "better" games is a shameless hate troll argument at best...

    You know it, I know it, but your goal is different than mine, because I want an ever lasting and populated WoW and you would hate that (in view of all the negativity you spit over it).

    So I KNOW the reason why you post all that negativity. It is good to know others are aware of it too.

    You guys are here on a mission: destroy WoW as fast as possible, posting in every NEGATIVE THREAD.

    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-20 at 10:23 PM.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    There are some hurdles that Blizzard needs to resolve but has no bearing for ES:O. For example, unique names (some ppl says they will quit if they loose their name), AH disaprities (for some servers, 1k is still a lot of money even at level 90), lost of revenue from server transfer (I'm fairly certain this is taken into consideration, not that I agree with it), recruitment/chat channel nightmare (imagine your /2 refreshes itself once every 0.1 second), etc. ES:O does not need to worry about any of these since it's got a clean slate.

    I personally do not believe the CR everything tech is not ready... I believe it has more to do with how to actually make this happen without more customers going nuts over it (and Blizz CEO's bank account going down). I still think a single server WoW will be better than the multiple server now. So I think instead of having the community talk about trashing the feature (which is pretty much all there is when it comes to CRZ), the community should contribute to solutions of the problems standing in the way of a single server wow.
    Just to touch on the second part of your post if it is going to cause customers upset then it is wrong feature to develop. CRZ are in its current form is nothing more than smoke and mirrors in order to hide the fact most servers are dead from new players it does not address any of the complaints that players have been voicing about low population realms and creates a fair few more. If Blizzard were truly serious about addressing realm population problems through cross realm technologies why do we not have cross realm raiding that does not exclude the current tier?

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    As I said: you and the well known others - like mvallas and his eternal 9600 posts, seek every opportunity to inject negativity in EVERY thread you post.

    CRZ is a first step in a realm independant MMO. You know that very well, but it would hurt "the cause" to admit it.

    That cause being the spreading of negativity over WoW, Blizzard and the fans.

    Introducing a seamless open world across different realms in REAL time is a fabulous technical undertaking in such a Legacy system of WoW.

    Discussing things like nodes and too many players is trivial in this respect.

    You know it, I know it, but your goal is different than mine, because I want an ever lasting and populated WoW and you would hate that (in view of all the negativity you spit over it).

    So I KNOW the reason why you post all that negativity. It is good to know others are aware of it.
    So which post were you lying in then? The I quit one or the one where you say that you have not? BenBos you are the only one injecting negativity here.

    I am not saying it is not however in its current form it does not work.

    If there not being enough nodes is causing players to quit it is not trivial, but I guess those that quite are just haters?!?

    Yes my goal is, I am very happy to say, different from yours.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-20 at 10:22 PM.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    To think that it ever could be optional is to fundamentally misunderstand what it actually is. CRZ is about network infrastructure/architecture. It's being sold as something else but can only be turned on or off at the network level. It was never in the cards for it to be something that would be operative or otherwise at the toon level.
    then how do you explain the CRZ workaround people used for farming battle pets/rare spawns/nodes, where they blocked data from certain adresses, so they stayed on "their realm" instead of the CRZ one? It was fixed quickly, but it was possible to block CRZ, blizzard just doesnt want us to, but its obviously technically possible.

  20. #160
    Why did people join a pvp server if they will be whining about being camped???

    About """less farming nodes"""", what's the point in farming thousands of materials to sell on a empty server??? or are people whining because they can't get the rare kill achievements??? are those achievements really that important that they prefer them over having more people to interact with??

    The community is what is killing wow. That same community represented by those writing these threads. Can't understand them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •