Feral vs Balance

So, say you had to pick between a Feral and a Balance druid for PvP in 5.3.
    Which would you pick and why?

I assume I could enjoy both the same, even though I play mainly melee.
    It's just that I've heard that ranged have somewhat an advantage due to positional requirements etc.
    Is that true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KlayzZ View Post

It's just that I've heard that ranged have somewhat an advantage due to positional requirements etc.
    Is that true?
    Balance is very hard to master in arena, and requires very good synergy with your partners. the beam gets 100% reduction in size, so boomkin is not going to be as good in what they are the best in. So definitely feral especially if you mainly play melee, the 10% physical damage buff is huge, considering how good is their burst already. Ranged always has the advantage, but it comes down what you like to play, and feral is very mobile melee, so it doesn't suffer as much from this. Feral is already r1 in some cases, although with hunters, but still more represented than boomkins, they are going to be better choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd play Feral just because I love Feral. Try both, play what you like = profit.

Is that true?
    Feral is easier but balance is a good bit of fun. Melee have to stand on top of a target to do damage. While ranging can do damage, and cc from a far. Playing melee opens you up to a lot of cc and not being able to los shit is annoying as well. I would play both if you have the time but I personally like balance more. You feel like a boss when you beat people worth beating as an under powered spec.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-20 at 01:41 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    For 2's and 3's, I'd say Feral.

For 5's and RBG's, Balance is Mandatory.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Is that true?
    Arena: Feral. Feral is still REALLY strong and quite possibly one of the hardest melee to kill with the self heals they throw out.
    RBG's: Probably still boomkin. Still think that Solar Beam grip will still be strong, just not as strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Arena: Feral. Feral is still REALLY strong and quite possibly one of the hardest melee to kill with the self heals they throw out.
    RBG's: Probably still boomkin. Still think that Solar Beam grip will still be strong, just not as strong.
    Solar beam is becoming so small that it will be possible to walk out of it without being pulled back in by the vortex. That alone is huge. The bug that caused the silence to persist after leaving its area is being fixed, further reducing its power compared to what it is now. Also, Gorefiend's will only grip a maximum of 4 targets into it. You can't even guarantee if they're gonna be healers, casters, or even melee dps. I'd say they've neutered the combo to the point that it will not decide games anymore, just 'possibly' give you an edge if used right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    What we talking about here? Arena or rbg?
    Balance and feral are both in good places right now, so play what you enjoy most. Always said that, never going to change, don't be fotm yo!
    However if I had to pick - feral for arena and boomie for rbgs.
    personally I'm loving boomie an awful lot right now.

If you're doing RBGs, even with the Beam nerf, Boomie is going to continue being very potent. Multidotting and lobbing Starsurges at the focus target puts out a ton of teamwide pressure and a lot of burst on the kill target.

Just a thought lol, pretty much what everone else has been saying..

Feral - 2's and 3's
    Boomie - 5's and RBG's

or...if you like melee better and wanna BG, Bears are great FC's for now, I dunno how they will pump out in the next week or whatever with 5.3 But I have had fun all season with them. No high rankings like 2200 or anything but still fun