Talent Discussion (Elemental)

So I was watching some of Eruptornz's videos and some others for Horridon and Jin'Rohk. I was wondering why they chose to use EB over PE on fights with extra damage done to boss kind of mechanics so I figured maybe other people had the same questions. Anyways if anyone wants to ask or answer questions hopefully this can become a good resource .

If anyone can answer the question about Heroic Horridon and Heroic Jin'Rohk it would help out a great deal as next Tuesday I will be trialing for a guild that is doing both.
    Last edited by Ishootboltz; 2013-05-19 at 11:30 PM.

I use EB for Horridon due to the fire elemental changes targets so many times between boss, pink dino and adds that I get more damage from EB. As far as on Jinrohk, I also use EB because I have heard conflicting reports that PE does not benefit from pools, and if he does, I still get more damage from EB.

I figured that may be the case for Horridon. Thanks for the tip for Jin'Rohk . Also is it beneficial to go AS/PE for durumu normal since their is a good ammount of movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishootboltz View Post
    I figured that may be the case for Horridon. Thanks for the tip for Jin'Rohk . Also is it beneficial to go AS/PE for durumu normal since their is a good ammount of movement?
    I choose Primal elementalist on horridon becuase so much of your time is spent casting CL that its not worth using ele blast every 12 seconds. So when you run with primal elementalist all you have to do is put the pet on passive, and make a pet atk macro and they will stay on the target you ordered it to target until you tell them otherwise.

any chance i can get that macro?

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    I choose Primal elementalist on horridon becuase so much of your time is spent casting CL that its not worth using ele blast every 12 seconds. So when you run with primal elementalist all you have to do is put the pet on passive, and make a pet atk macro and they will stay on the target you ordered it to target until you tell them otherwise.
    This is true that you cast a Lot of Chain lightning AoE, However, the Majority of your damage on this fight will be done on Horridon and warlord, and EB will be the clear winner on those situations, Plus EB also wins when it counts when you have to focus down Venom Preists and frozen Warlords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishootboltz View Post
    any chance i can get that macro?
    The best way I've found to manage my elementals is with this macro:

/petpassive
    /petattack [@focus, harm, nodead, exists][]

If will set your pet on passive, and when you have a focus set it will attack your focus while still being passive. If the focus is not harmful, not dead or you don't have a focus set, it will attack your target, and stick to that until you tell it to do otherwise.

You can use that macro off the gcd, or you could macro it together with for examle lightning bolt.

/cast lightning bolt
    /petpassive
    /petattack [@focus, harm, nodead, exists][]

Obviously you need to set your focus to horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    This is true that you cast a Lot of Chain lightning AoE, However, the Majority of your damage on this fight will be done on Horridon and warlord, and EB will be the clear winner on those situations, Plus EB also wins when it counts when you have to focus down Venom Preists and frozen Warlords
    Well last time i checked primal elementalist comes on top when it comes to a burst phase like on horridon, also you'll do twice as much dmg using CL since you're hitting 5 targets instead of just 1, and you have to take lightning strike into account as well. Especially on the warlords door since the non warlord adds are just as deadly as the warlord adds.

Deleted
    In the end, it really doenst matter which talents for DPSing you use. They are really close to each other so difference wont be really noticeable. I was running whole tier with Echo and EB and didnt really see point to change it anywhere.

While I like the feel of the rotation with EB in it, I've found that I like the extra burst provided by PE a bit more. That, plus it makes our rotation friendlier for movement-heavy fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    In the end, it really doenst matter which talents for DPSing you use. They are really close to each other so difference wont be really noticeable. I was running whole tier with Echo and EB and didnt really see point to change it anywhere.
    well that is the whole point to the talent system, but there are some fights where PE is just out right better than ele blast durumu tortos council just to name a few

Speaking as an ele who loves EB in my rotation and uses it on almost every fight, Horridon and Horridon HC is clearly a PE fight all the way. Killed HC for the first time last night and in my first attempts I stuck with EB and it was simply a dps loss to run with it due to the amount of time you are chaining. Even on the final phase while in theory EB could be as good/better the final phase is only a part of this fight hence the clear winner being PE.
    As others have said above, set your elementals to passive and macro/select its target and leave it.
    Also add on hc setting your earth elem on the add is awsome especially when you need to nuke the war god etc!
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Deleted
    well that is the whole point to the talent system, but there are some fights where PE is just out right better than ele blast durumu tortos council just to name a few
    Durumu i agree, Council probably not and on Tortos depends on your role (if you DPSing turtles u should pick EB).

Well last time i checked primal elementalist comes on top when it comes to a burst phase like on horridon, also you'll do twice as much dmg using CL since you're hitting 5 targets instead of just 1, and you have to take lightning strike into account as well. Especially on the warlords door since the non warlord adds are just as deadly as the warlord adds.
    Youre Missing the Point, I dont have PE for all 4 doors where we FOCUS FIRE adds, I dont use exclusively CL until the focused adds are dead. I want something that works on all 4 doors, I prefer EB

Plus consider too, that some shamans like to use thier elementals to take care of Barney the Purple Dinosaur, since Searing totem is incredibly unreliable when youre DPSing everything, whereas, I can usually get my elemental to stick to the dinosaur no matter what, thats PE damage wasted, but probably a net overall DPS gain considering you dont have to waste GCD's on that damn dino, better to have EB if you elemental your dinosaurs.

And EB wins for Me after all the doors are dead, I might not have my elemental if I used him on Barney or popped him for another reason or whatever. Theres Just too much going on in this fight and its not always predictable, I like EB

Just keep in Mind too that we're talking about REALLY small DPS gains. PE is going to be behind EB in most situations, so the mechanics of the fight have to really make it catchup able, after all is said and dont you're maybe looking at a 1% Gain if you use your elementals perfectly, as opposed to EB perfectly
    Last edited by Gendori; 2013-05-20 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    Youre Missing the Point, I dont have PE for all 4 doors where we FOCUS FIRE adds, I dont use exclusively CL until the focused adds are dead. I want something that works on all 4 doors, I prefer EB

Plus consider too, that some shamans like to use thier elementals to take care of Barney the Purple Dinosaur, since Searing totem is incredibly unreliable when youre DPSing everything, whereas, I can usually get my elemental to stick to the dinosaur no matter what, thats PE damage wasted, but probably a net overall DPS gain considering you dont have to waste GCD's on that damn dino, better to have EB if you elemental your dinosaurs.

And EB wins for Me after all the doors are dead, I might not have my elemental if I used him on Barney or popped him for another reason or whatever. Theres Just too much going on in this fight and its not always predictable, I like EB

Just keep in Mind too that we're talking about REALLY small DPS gains. PE is going to be behind EB in most situations, so the mechanics of the fight have to really make it catchup able, after all is said and dont you're maybe looking at a 1% Gain if you use your elementals perfectly, as opposed to EB perfectly
    LOL using your elemental on on the pink dino LOL (talk about a waste of a CD wheter it be PE or just the regular elemental). why waste the CD when you can just make a purge or windshear macro. OR just pre position your urself so the dino gets hit with CL. Also not having the elemental CD up on the last phase is entirely your own fault learn to manage your CD's better or run with the glyph. In Any case thats why we have the talent system play what you enjoy and what feels right to you.

But that still does not change the fact that you spend about 80% of the fight moving and killing adds which for me makes PE>then eleblast.

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Durumu i agree, Council probably not and on Tortos depends on your role (if you DPSing turtles u should pick EB).
    Well for council i choose PE because PE give me the most burst for sol, and also i spend a great deal of time cleaving 2-3 bosses. Tortos there is just so much movement that i hate stoping to cast eleblast every 12 seconds. (besides i killbats).

I´ve generally found it easier to use PE instead of EB due to movement on a lot of bosses, atleast when you are progressing on new fights. The damage between the 2 are usually so small that there won´t be any noticable different, unless you play on a really, really high level. Executing fights correctly and your own gameplay are usually what brings the most dps.

Thanks for all the help guys I feel much more prepared going into raid tomorrow. Any other tips for HM Jin/Horr/Tortos(I'm doing turtles then bats)? Maybe just how to dodge things easier that you have found or something to that effect? Can a flame shock work on a dire spirit?
    Last edited by Ishootboltz; 2013-05-21 at 07:07 AM.