"catch up" question

Will the catch up system backdate itself to 5.2's release? Meaning all your alts will have as much conquest as they should had you capped 2200 every week starting from beginning of S13? Or does it just start from the beginning of 5.3 only?

It seems like 5.3, with no retroactive..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168/
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by deathlich View Post
    Will the catch up system backdate itself to 5.2's release? Meaning all your alts will have as much conquest as they should had you capped 2200 every week starting from beginning of S13? Or does it just start from the beginning of 5.3 only?
    The way I understood it, and I haven't seen anything new on this recently, is this:

If there have been 15 weeks since the season began and you have run 0 weeks worth of arenas/rbgs. You will get a 1000 increase in your cap per week you did not cap up to 15,000 conquest.

I don't know exactly how many weeks it has been at this point, though it would be easy to find out when 5.2 dropped.

You will not just get free conquest; your cap will increase.

Of course I don't know if this is the case, exactly; mainly I'm not sure about 2 things. Are they still doing this? I haven't seen any blue posts on it for months. And, Will the cap be the same for conquest as valor, meaning, will you get 1000 per week you missed in valor but 2200 per week you missed in conquest? or will it be 1000 per week for both? or somewhere between.

I am interested in finding out if they are still doing this, as I missed a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deathlich View Post
    No. Not even close.

You will be able to earn aprox 1000 conquest X the amount of weeks of current season (lets say 10 weeks for easy math) - the amount
    of conquest you have already earned so far.

If you have earned 5000 conquest this season you will be able to earn 1000 x 10 - 5000 = 5000 conquest on the release of 5.3.

Its not going to put you anywhere remotely close to people who have capped full conquest from RBGs but it will let you
    "catch up" with like 3-4 pieces of gear atleast.

Guess its something...

Week of season * 1000 - Season Earned

That's how you figure out your conquest cap. So if you ding an alt 90 in week 15 of the season you'll have 15000 extra conquest cap.

And here comes my question: what week is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    And here comes my question: what week is it now?
    Next week will be week 10 or 11, depending on how it's counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Next week will be week 10 or 11, depending on how it's counted.
    Thnx for info, looking forward to long arena week to catch up on my sham)

Not horrible I suppose, thanks for the feedback